Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase vibration strength?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The vibration for calls and texts is rather weak. Sure would like to be able to strengthen it. Any way?

Best Answer
267 REPLIES 267
No way my blaze didn't alarm at all i have both on H R on one hand the
blaze on other and set 15 seconds apart and it didn't go off period i even
check to make sure my phone and device was connected.
Best Answer

Everyone- thanks for your input. 

I'm beginning to round up user requests to help quantify the number of improvement suggestions for this. For this, it'd be great to add your vote/comment on @signaturedoc's Feature Request here

Also, I'll be merging mentions of this into one thread, so that we can keep the conversation organized, so don't be alarmed if you see your post elsewhere. 

Thanks, everyone!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Its ironic they marked this as solved, which I guess is another way for saying users are SOL currently. Here is the "feature request" link for stronger vibration - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Make-Blaze-vibration-stronger/idi-p/1217806

I'm giving Fitbit to the end of next week for committing to fix it before I send this thing back.

Best Answer

This is so hugely disappointing.  I had no reason to think it would be any less than the Charge HR.  I really relied on that silent alarm in the morning - I am hearing impaired and that worked out so nicely.  I have to go back in time for an old solution until this can be upgrated?? (I hope? and pray?)  I could see how it could be a deal breaker for many.  I might even have to return it and go back to my Charge HR  😞 😞 😞

Best Answer

@technick It is marked solved because a Moderator has replied to the post giving a solution for a fix or the original poster has marked a post as a possible solution.  In this case a feature request.  The feature request has been put up for a vote, the more votes they receive the better posibility that they will be added to a development queue, but I wouldn't expect to see a fix in a week or less.  It will be considered and possibly put into a firmware update with several other fixes at somepoint in the future if it receives enough votes.

Best Answer

But, and I have asked this question of fitbit with no reply, will a firmware update fix the vibrate function?  It could be limited by the components they are using which means no number of firmware updates will fix it.

It would be nice to see Fitbit admit there is an issue with this function and give some sort of roadmap for the fix even if that is, no fix for current models but will be addressed in future models.

I can then sell my Blaze to someone who doesn't use the silent alarms function and go back to my Charge HR for now.

Best Answer

Hi Adam,

I am glad your Blaze woke you but I think you can see the majority of people are having an issue with it.  To call it "a little weaker" is a gross understatment.

I was woken by my Charge HR every time I set an alarm.

I wear my Blaze very snug and it has not woken me once.  I even misss the odd notification alwet during the day if I happen to be concetnrsating on somehting else - this never happened with my Charge HR.

Just my 2p or 2c worth 🙂

Best Answer
What did you do to solve it?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't wait for the vibration to improve, I love my watch but it needs to be stronger to function correctly.
Please work on this quickly.
Best Answer

I decided to give it a week to see how I liked it.  This non existant vibration is annoying though.  I love all the other features, but I feel that unless your quiet and still you will miss a notification or alarm.  Another thing I learned is:  It lets you answer a call, but I don't suggest doing that unless your phone is in your hand.  That feature is pointless. If I'm holding my phone why would it allow me to answer on the blaze?  I'm missing the point on that one I guess. 

Best Answer
Same here, this is a huge disappointment
Best Answer

Well, I kinda have a "work around" that has helped me. Basically, YES the vibration is soft. But if it was staccato or jerky (buzz-buzz- buzzzzzzz STOP, buzz-buzz-buzzzzzzzzz STOP) it would wake me. I set 5 alarms, all 1 minute apart. The 3rd one has woken me 3 days in a row now. This initial 2 buzzs aren't long enough to pull me out of sleep, but enough that the 3rd one does. So, an extended 20-30 second vibration, in a weird pattern, NO snooze until a button is pushed would work for me.
I do understand the hardware itself may not be able to make the vibration stronger, but a firmware update should be able to change the pattern? @EmersonFitbit

Best Answer

@hstreet7 I agree; I did the same thing and it did wake me.  I don't think they can do anything about strength at this point, the hardware that is in there, is well, the hardware that is in there.  Making the buzzing less predictable would work, and yes, longer than it is.  I'll plug in every 4 days if I have to, just fix the issue I say.

Best Answer

I don't have an answer for that yet, @hstreet7. I'd recommend taking a look at my post here for the latest on how I'm communicating your concerns to the appropriate parties. 

Thanks for participating in the conversations!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  I just got my Blaze (upgraded from an HR) and have found the silent alarms worthless.  Never had an issue with the HR but the Blaze has not alerted me yet.  I thought it was not working and set some test alarms.  I have had to go back to an alarm clock.  Personally I wish I had just stayed with the HR.  I am one of those Windows Phone users and was willing to give up a lot of features of IOS.  However once I got the Blaze I found out that it does not support Windows phones with version 8.1 and you have to be on version 10.0.  A small detail that was not listed anywhere that I could find.  Now I can't even use it with my phone.  Really feel like I wasted my money on this one and I loved the Fitbit HR.

Best Answer

Since some people are reporting that their vibration is okay, maybe they fixed it on later builds of the Blaze, but those of us that allready had it are SOL.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad I found this thread!  I slept through the first notification and the snooze this morning.  Did not feel it at all!  I do feel the buzz when I am awake but just barely and if I am busy I have overlooked it.

I am going to to try setting five alarms one minute apart for tomorrow morning and see if the repeats will help.  I agree this is a key feature, as I like to have an alarm that does not wake my partner.  Hopefully they can fix it somehow soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope since the blaze is like a computer they can update it without us having to purchase another one, cuz that isn't going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Need vibration strength to be set higher, somewhat weak? Any suggestions?
Best Answer
I feel your pain, I'm so undecided what to do. I know the fitbit.com app doesn't work well on android either. I have an iphone, even that isn't 100% perfect. It's supposed to be the best fitness app out there, my question is by who's standards? I like the the blaze look and it's features but that butterfly vibration really irritates me. To me is not worth $200. I checked reviews and heard all good stuff. I feel deceived

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer