Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase vibration strength?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The vibration for calls and texts is rather weak. Sure would like to be able to strengthen it. Any way?

Best Answer
267 REPLIES 267

I have posted twice to this feature and am adding this new post today.  I had two alarms set this morning, slept through both of them.  I called customer service today.  I was told that they would be doing something to address the way the alarm vibrations are working.  I have a Fitbit One and that alarm didn't turn off until I turned it off.  This three and off is a killer.  I am told the vibration strength is dependent on the motor in the Blaze and there is nothing they can do with that.  I haven't decided if I will return mine or not.  Customer service could not tell me when the firmware will be updated in order to deal with the alarm issue.  I wear hearing aids so having a dependable tactile alarm is critical for me.  My daughter suggested I clip my One to the band of the Blaze in the mean time.  I may have no choice but to try that because other than the alarm issue I am really enjoying the other functionality of the Blaze.  I will play with mine for another week and make a decision about whether or not I will return it.  Customer service told me that they really look at these forums for insight.  I hope so, I have not seen any acknowledgement of my posts so far.

Best Answer

Went from Microsoft Band for Fitbit Blaze and the vibration of this litle thing is scarcely noticeable.

Best Answer
I have just upgraded to the Blaze from Charge HR and I love the Blaze. However, the vibrations from the silent alarms are very weak, I've slept past my alarm several times. With my Charge HR the vibrations were strong and woke me every time, first time. I've sent an email to the Fitbit support team, this is very disappointing tho.
Best Answer

Just like in the phone, these vibrations are made by a motor and an offset weight that spins.. The heavier the weight the bigger the motor and space needed also a bigger battery drain. A decision had to be made between size of the blaze and intensity of the vibration along with battery life. 

I find the vibration more than adequate while I'm awake, and while asleep nothing short of rocking me out of bed will wake me.. I have the loudest alarm clock i could find. 

Best Answer

I have been working with my Blaze regarding the alarm vibration strenght and duration for the past two weeks, tried all the various suggestions.  It's just not strong or long enough to wake me, like my Fit Bit One.  I have reached out to customer service and am returning my Blaze today.  Really sad because other than that I loved all of the features.  Hopefully one day there will be something better from Fit Bit for me.

Best Answer
Absolutely true. The vibration on the blaze is nearly nonexistent in terms of intensity... horrible.
Best Answer

Same here.  I am hearing impaired also and relied on my Charge to wake me up which it did. The vibrations were strong enough.  I bought the Alta because I like the looks of it and the fact that it had removable bands.  But the vibrations are way too weak.  They need to increase the strenght.

Best Answer

As noted above, when a developer chooses a vibration intensity there are several things to keep in mind.. BAttery life being one and physical space being another. To increase the vibration streangth will require putting in a bigger motor with a bigger weight, and the redesigning the altar with a bigger case. Basically a motor spins an offset weight that then throws your tracker around.

See around minute 2 of the video for the vibrator in action.. https://youtu.be/vRgvUd1-bZo

images.jpg

Best Answer
I get how the vibration works, but in almost any device it's never running
full. Also, the vibrations would have a much greater effect if they were
more than "one and done". at least for the alarm, let it vibrate until I
stop it, otherwise I ALWAYS miss it.

--
Best Answer
I add my vote. My Charge HR silent alarms were great, they woke me up right away. The FitBit Blaze silent alarms are terrible, sleep right through them they are so weak. They are even hard to notice at times when you are awake.
Best Answer

Very disappointed with the vibration. I seem to always miss phone calls and texts because I don't hear it. I upgraded my original fitbit for the Blaze to add alerts with vibration as well as get HR. Might need another option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do the 7 minute workout program and I was excited to have it on the blaze, but the vibration is so weak that I cant use the watch to work out, I have to use a third party app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I second your request!!! 

FITBIT:  I am a huge huge fan and have gone from Flex to Charge HR to Blaze!

I really need a stronger vibration for my timer!  I need to set many timers in a day and really count on their ability to warn me!!  All are missed!!  the Charge had great strength- so know this is a possible fix, for strength choices- from your end.   Very Frustrating!!

All else is fantastic!  Love the solo adventures and wish more of the ones just out of my daily goal steps of 14,000.  More in range of 20,000 would benefit many of us, I am sure!:

Cross fingers for the next upgrade to improve this majority need- for a stronger timer vibration!

Thank you!

Best Answer

Agree with Base Runner, something needs to be done to increase the vibration intensity on the Charge 2. Im coming from the Alta with better vibration on the alarm. Fitbit can you do a software update to make the vibration adjustable. Please comment!

Best Answer
I too can not feel the vibration of the blaze for waking up in the morning. Love the features of the blaze so wanted to keep it. I also purchased a flex 2 which has a much stronger alarm. So now wear the flex for bed and the blaze during the day. Not ideal I know but t other trackers do not have the fuller functions on f the blaze so kind of stuck with it.

Best Answer

Bought a Fitbit Blaze today, vibration on the alarm is weak enough, but app notifications, i.e facebook, whatsapp etc. are much stronger than the alarm vibration. Fitbit can surely be able to make a quick software change to fix this problem since they have two different vibration modes! Has anyone else experienced this?

Best Answer
I call Fitbit last April, was told they were get a fix for this. I have given up, selling both mine. I have owned the flex, charge HR, Surge and Blaze. After all this I'm moving on to Apple, they seem more in touch with what their users want/NEED. SO LONG FITBIT.

Lori
Best Answer

What makes me angry is from the app I went into Charge 2 forum and this link is just about increases vibration strength in the Blaze!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Vibration for notifications and alarm is too gentle. It doesn't wake me up and I'm always missing notifications for text and calls

Best Answer

I see alot of requests about this but not fix. Has this been fixed?

Best Answer