Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to sync Fitbit with Google Fit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it possible to sync FitBit with Google Fit? Anybody has any idea? Because all my past fitness is in the fit app, i need to migrate to FitBit.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

@Bishwambhar wrote:
Yes. It works for me.

I'm not so sure. In fact I couldn't see any setting inside the app letting transfer in Google Fit -> Fitbit direction.

The same app description says:

Transfer your fitness data from Fitbit to Google Fit.

FitToFit can handle:
- steps
- activities
- distances 
- heart rate
- sleep
- weight
- body fat
- food
- water

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh I'm sorry. I thought you needed fitbit to Google fit. I haven't tried
syncing from Google fit to fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for this link for fitbit and google fit, it works beautifully!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think Fitbit will ever enable syncing with Google Fit. That topic is there from 2014. Would be great if they did

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

You can! Download FittoFit app worked perfectly for me! 

Richie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right so FitToFit isn’t available for iPhone, or alt least not in my App Store. Reading the Internet it looks as though you can sync the two with Fitbit Plus for invited employees/corporate health plans (unless you’re a normal person like me who doesn’t have that). So hmm, alternatives?

Best Answer
0 Votes
it's amazing how one doesn't need to connect to third-party SITES to support synchronization within the same PHONE. This is a huge cop-out, and indicates an area where devs don't feel they need to do all the work. Propaganda about it - switching the narrative to be all about how another organization isn't playing fair at something else completely - is no help.
Best Answer

@bishopolis :

Be careful how you criticize Fitbit, my messages got deleted on this thread... 

Best Answer
Haha!
Best Answer

Yep, I use the fittofit app .  Sits in background does the job. What more could you want.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Health Sync works with several fitness apps (Samsung Health, Fitbit, Google Fit, etc.) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.appyhapps.healthsync

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think guys from Google just came up with a workaround 😄

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/1/20943318/google-fitbit-acquisition-fitness-tracker-announcement 

Best Answer
Yep, good solution. Somebody up high must have read my post!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I guess it going to be a moot point now that Google bought FitBit (hopefully?).
Best Answer

I think people want the Fitbit data pushing to Google Fit. Not necessarily the other way round. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, I want my GoogleFit data in the FitBit app. I find that the FitBit app is better. Plus, I have past data there.

Best Answer
0 Votes
> I think people want the Fitbit data pushing to Google Fit. It's a good thought, but no. My peer group competes with one another on FitBit, and I want to join in.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I do the same use the Fitbit with my peers but like the presentation of the data in google fit. Look forward to further integration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google bought Fitbit!!!! Yeahhhh!!!!!

Something good should come out of it.

Best Answer

Do we need fitbit plus? I only found sync on the plus side, but it seems that is internal to the fitbit plus app "health plug-in" screen.

So this fit to fit sounds like a nice alternative 

Best Answer
0 Votes