Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I manually log steps?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I forgot to turn on my Fitbit ... Is there any way I can count my steps?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @Tommaso2005 and @SunsetRunner thanks for stopping by.

As mentioned, there is an option to manually log your steps but they won't count for challenges or for your 7 days summary. You can manually log them by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard tap the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" or shows how many days you've worked out this week.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Log.
  4. Tap a recent activity or search for an exercise type.
  5. Adjust the activity details and tap Add.

I hope this helps, catch you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

Short of actually re- doing the steps; No.  You could add in a manual workout but it won't apply steps to it just estimate calorie expenditure.

Jogging on the spot while moving your arms will do it though and you get the added bonus of a second workout.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Tommaso2005 and @SunsetRunner thanks for stopping by.

As mentioned, there is an option to manually log your steps but they won't count for challenges or for your 7 days summary. You can manually log them by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard tap the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" or shows how many days you've worked out this week.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Log.
  4. Tap a recent activity or search for an exercise type.
  5. Adjust the activity details and tap Add.

I hope this helps, catch you later. Robot Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thank!!!!!

Best Answer

You are welcome @Tommaso2005, I am glad to see that your inquiry has been resolved. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Keep the stepping up! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following your directions, it only gives the ability to log 'Exercise Type, Start Time, Duration, and Calories'. No steps.

Best Answer

You can not, as far as I know log steps manually, just exercises. I also don't it would be enabled either as it would make it too easy to cheat. I've heard that some insurance companies are requiring policy holders of health insurance to compete 10,000 steps for day to maintain their insurance cover. While this can still be cheated (and probably is) having the ability to simply enter in manually steps would just make it too easy to cheat.

Personally I think the insurance companies are being stupid or naive for insisting of a step count (or is it just another excuse to get out of paying out)

Best Answer
Agreed. I use my Fitbit, my Samsung health, and MyFitnessPal. It would be nice if they all fully communicated all info as my Samsun Health has the pedometer and all of the info from my hike. It would be great if that info transferred over.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

In my fitbit versa, while driving byke, the step counts are logged and how can I manually stop and add steps when I actually walking

Best Answer

Manually logging exercise does not add steps. You can only add duration and effort.

I want to add the steps I know I did because they logged on my phone when not wearing the Fitbit but it’s not that smart. In a perfect world, my Fitbit would update when my phone is in range and it learns I did all those steps! 

Best Answer

Go to log exercise on the Fitbit website not the app, enter it as a walk. Then enter the time, minutes, and then you can  change the distance to steps. 

Best Answer

Thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh thanks! I’ll check that out!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Danielman and @tsbnolefan, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! Thank you for your feedback regarding our products. Like @5arahr correctly mentioned, you can log your steps by logging a walk activity and choosing steps in the distance option. Just keep in mind that those steps won't count for challenges or for your 7 days summary. Another alternative to record steps, if you're not wearing the tracker is installing MobileTrack on your phone. You can find more information here: How do I use MobileTrack?

If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. 

Lucia | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Hat dir dieser Post geholfen? Bezeichne ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos 😄

Best Answer

You can enter steps if you login to your fitbit account on the website. There you can choose km, mls or steps. This function is not available in the app nor the windows app. So you have to login online. 

Best Answer

I don't care about it counting for challenges, I don't do challenges. But I don't get why they wouldn't count for the 7-day summary. I'm just trying to get an accurate account. I cut grass with a push mower. I get a LOT of steps doing that, but because I'm holding the lawnmower handle and not swinging my arms, it doesn't count the steps or distance. I'd like to get a cheap pedometer to go on my waistband that would count those steps and distance

Best Answer

Is there going to be a fix to not having manually entered steps count for challenges.i have a garmin but bought a Fitbit for my wife and daughter. Participating in step challenges is a bit of a pain to just note on fridge. Would be better to even manually enter for it to count. 

Best Answer

Hi @Briant123 and @iMas, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! @MikeHardin thanks for your reply. I appreciate the feedback you shared here. There's an existing Feature Suggestion regarding this topic: Include Manually Added Steps in Leader Board and Challenges Although the suggestion is marked as not currently planned, we have left the votes option open, so that users are still able to support the idea.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Lucia | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Hat dir dieser Post geholfen? Bezeichne ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos 😄

Best Answer
Could you clarify please. How many vortes are needed before Fitbit listens
to the user community?
Best Answer

Just wanted to thank you for the info on MobileTrack.  I turned off my Versa this morning (just for fun) and forgot to turn it back on till I was halfway around a lake.  I was using the Fitbit app & gps in my phone to record the exercise and it did that just fine.  But without MobileTrack the steps were not transferred to my insurance group.  Once I installed MobileTrack everything synced up, just so.  Woo-hoo!

Best Answer
0 Votes