Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I manually log steps?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I forgot to turn on my Fitbit ... Is there any way I can count my steps?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76
I tie mine to my shoelace or the bike pedal if doing spin

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you doctorking!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

in my dashboard there is no exercise tile, is that the same as activity?  in activity there is no "log", is that an added feature?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This used to be possible, but I think Fitbit has removed the option. I don't see the + sign on my screen anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s possible. I just did it last week.

Tonya
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, you can't add your steps manually (trying to count them in a day would be difficult too), i average over 15k on a busy work day) it does calculate the number of steps for you based on the information given. I had to imput data for 3 walks i made yesterday since i forgot to put on my watch, first was 4.9km, second was 4.9 and the third was 1.9km. based on the the data i entered for timing and distance, my total number of steps for those 3 events was 14,562 steps, which based on the times i've done this while wearing my watch is pretty darn close.

Best Answer

This doesn’t add steps it just adds activity type and duration and distance. I just want to add my steps from being at work all day, so this doesn’t work for me. It’s a shame you can’t add steps as accidentally leaving your Fitbit at home shouldn’t ruin all your data. Disappointing.

Best Answer

I am hacking change my dad's phone give him zreo 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, the ‘solution’ proposed by AlejandraFitBit does not work.  You can add an exercise activity but that will add a totally ridiculous number of steps to your daily tally.  For example, I added an activity of “Walk” with a time period of 3.5 hours and a distance travelled of 14km.  The Fitbit recorded that as 30,000 steps!!  When I pared it down to a distance travelled of only 7 km, I got 1,500 steps!

Luckily my wife had worn her device so I was able to derive from her count an estimate of what my count should be.  By fiddling with the parameters of time and distance I was finally able to come close to the estimate - but, it took a lot (A lot) of fiddling.  There should be an easier way. This is just another example of Fitbit deficiencies.

Best Answer

This morning my treadmill shows that completed 4794 steps in 54:06 minutes and .0911 distance. However, my Fitbit Aria only shows 1,820 steps in 0 minutes, and 381 calories?

There has never been a like this.  They have always agreed. 

Why is did this happen? 

Thanks, 

Melinda

Best Answer

Hi, that does not add steps for me. I forgot to wear and when I did what you suggest it logged the activity and calories and showed 0 steps

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
----------------------
Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit inspire 2.
I work in a job where I am not allowed to wear digital devices. 

I wore a step counter that sits on the hip, I average out my week and got 8k steps a day. 

That works out to be about 6km. 

when I added that in, it adds the steps to my overall daily tally. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't allow adding steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, Go to track exercise. Work our how many steps you did. Find out roughly how far that is. Example 10k steps is about 8kilometres.
Put in 8km and how long it took. And walla you have logged your steps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears we can not add steps when it is the fault of Fitbit Inspire HR.  Yesterday I walked over 10,000 steps, the fireworks did not go off and then I see it registered only 9.999 steps.  Sad to lose by 1 step not being recorded.

Best Answer

A few more details.  This worked for my Inspire which I forgot to put on after showering and before work.  I added a walk, time duration from when I would have gotten out of the shower to when I got home and put it on again, chose steps which were documented by my iPhone health app and added them.  Showed up as steps on my app - just no zone minutes are there.

Best Answer