Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I manually log steps?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I forgot to turn on my Fitbit ... Is there any way I can count my steps?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

Worked perfectly!! Thank so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Put the watch in your pocket when you are mowing.  That should work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put my fit fit on my belt. Same result. You don’t need a pedometer 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They're just trying to get out of paying for anything as usual.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was just what I was looking for! Thank you!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can no longer manually add steps, is this because of the recent fitbit app update?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I logged 700 steps manually but it only added around 200 on to my total! Why is this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I choose the stopwatch, it just goes back to my home screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't care about my steps for challenges but I do care about them counting towards my goals. It looks like you can no longer add steps manually on the website as well. Software malfunctions while using connect to GPS mapped my walk but didn't count any steps. I was also wearing a garment at the time so I should be able to manually enter what is not showing on Fitbit. Why did you get rid of this functionality without telling your customer base?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yours is by far the best snswer.  Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much!  I didn’t get it till you pointed out the “key” of the fact that the online website process will allow the option of entering steps as measurement instead of km in the drop down list at the distance box entry.  This should be added to instructions given  several times on here but missing that piece of info which obviously is needed for clarification!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can go through these steps but there is no option for manually adding steps only time or calories.  Is this not possible.  I have a Fitbit Inspire HR

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution didn’t work for me. For example when I go on the stairclimber my Fitbit always thinks I’ve done zero steps because I’m not moving my arms. There should be a way to modify the exercise log so I can enter steps or flights climbed. Manually adding in an exercise does not allow me to include steps, it only has options for time and calorie estimate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can manually add them if you go to the online website and login there.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
It only gives you the option to log steps when you go online to your
dashboard and log the exercise manually. Everything has to be filled in
and then you have to tap on the km box beside where distance is entered to
get it to show the option of steps. IMPORTANT! It will not show the word
steps listed unless all boxes above are completed AND you have to tap on
the KMS box.

I know it works for logging walks because i have done so when I
accidentally forgot to put fitbit back on after charge.
Best Answer

D4E200F3-4F67-43E4-882B-930196D7764D.pngD4B1321B-9839-4437-96EA-B148B010397A.png59CDAB00-4B6A-4247-A97F-8501F2CFFB21.pngFCAE7703-F125-4DA5-AEF5-9EB77CA87826.png

Best Answer

I added screenshots to help clarify.  The time, and duration MUST be filled in and actually it’s the blue sentence  “Don’t know your km’s?” beside the KMS box you tap and the drop down list appears then and only then, can you go to the word steps at bottom to highlight and tap to enter, then enter amount then tap log box.

Best Answer

I can’t find the stopwatch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s been 2 years since this answer was provided? Are there any updates?

I’d like to earn steps in challenges and in the summary when I ride my bike, and need to log manually 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jfharris  That will never happen. Biking is not step based

Manually logging for a challenge would also not be acceptable. To many people in the past have cheated

Many people put the device in their pocket to get better steps when biking

Another way wear it on your ankle

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes