Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I manually log steps?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I forgot to turn on my Fitbit ... Is there any way I can count my steps?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

You could try putting your fitbit in your front pocket while you mow.  It should still count your steps and distance.

Best Answer

Yes. Just not my heart rate. But I've found if I start an activity in the app on my phone (walking) it'll record the steps and distance while the Fitbit still records the heart rate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jccornI'm glad to see you here in the Fitbit Forums, your comments are very important for us! Thank you for getting back to us @Briant123@geo1952 and @MikeHardin

@Briant123, it's no exactly about the number of votes. When a Feature Suggestion status is changed to ‘Not currently planned’, that doesn’t mean the votes and discussions aren’t important, especially when those few hundred users are very passionate about a feature and propose a compelling argument that would benefit our global community. We aim to integrate community feedback into next generation devices when it's not plausible to release said feature on a currently released device. If you want to know more I recommend you this help article: How does Fitbit decide what Feature Suggestions are released?

@geo1952 and @MikeHardin it's a pleasure to assist you with your inquiries. Our main priority is your satisfaction.

If you have more questions please do not hesitate to contact us back! Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried to do this on the web site and see no place to enter either distance or steps.

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back to us @JGMB.

Do you see the "Log Activities" option at the bottom of the Dashboard? Please scroll down to the bottom and let me know if you see this option. 

Log walk.PNG

If not I'd like you send me a screenshot showing what you see. You can check this post to know how to add an image to your post.

Keep me posted with the outcome. Have a nice weekend! 😺

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I don't see that from the main page. Here is what I have on the bottom of the main dashboard page.

Fitbit Screen Print.PNG

Best Answer

Screenshot_20190408-080521__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190408-080621__01.jpg

Best Answer

Wich pc are you using? 

Best Answer

That worked. Thank you!!

Best Answer

Many thanks for your help @iMas

@JGMB I'm glad to learn that now you can log your walks. We truly appreciate your efforts and please don't hesitate to contact us back in case you have an additional question.

We look forward to hearing from you.😺

Best Answer

It’s not adjusting my daily count after I enter my steps from my pedometer.  While I have 4K in my pedometer it only added 1k to my daily step count.  Something is off there.  I cannot wear my Fitbit during the day, but want to have accurate step counts, so thought adding manually would be a good compromise , but it’s not working accurately. 

Best Answer

Hey @BCsChaos, welcome to the Fitbit Community and thanks for posting your inquiry here.

To better help you can you please provide me more details. Do you see the steps you logged manually in the history activity? Screenshots could be very useful, you can follow instructions in this post to add images.    

Keep me posted with the outcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried it. It does not let me add steps. I hit walk. It gives me the ability to change duration, calories, and distance. No steps or hills.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all the steps but it only added the time not the steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see that you're digging into the Fitbit Forums @strider026@Hepjkc let me give you a warm Welcome to our Fitbit Community.

Take into account that as @LuciaFitbit mentioned before in this thread, those steps wouldn't count to win badges or to the daily summary. 

Badges are designed to reward your step-based activities that are recorded while you wear your Fitbit device. Manually logged activities are intended to help you track activities that are based on effort rather than steps or distance. So they do not count towards the steps daily summary.

Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions.Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not interested in badges in this instance. Went for a walk and had left my fitbit on the charger. The thread did say you can manually log steps, which you can't do.
Thanks anyway
Best Answer

@Hepjkc wrote:

I did all the steps but it only added the time not the steps

Try changing the distance

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to us @strider026

To better help you I would like to have more details. So, can you please send me screenshots? Follow instructions in this link to add some screenshots. Are you logging your steps from the app or from Fitbit.com? In the meantime, if you're trying from the app please make sure you're following this steps: 

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard tap the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" or shows how many days you've worked out this week.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Log.
  4. Tap "Walk".
  5. Adjust the activity details and tap Add.

Looking forward to your new comments! Have a nice weekend! Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was not that helpful but thanks anyway 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whatever has been done to the desktop app has changed or deleted the abiliuty to add steps manually on my Fitbit Blaze.  The instructions given in your response do NOT match the functioning of my Blaze and ther description of steps is WRONG so I am unable to add steps foir when I forgot to wear my device.  It used to be so easy to do and now it's impossible!  WHY?

Best Answer
0 Votes