Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to sync Fitbit with Google Fit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it possible to sync FitBit with Google Fit? Anybody has any idea? Because all my past fitness is in the fit app, i need to migrate to FitBit.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued participation in this thread.

I understand how much you'd like to sync Fitbit with Google Fit, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Every feedback shared in the forums never goes unnoticed as it helps us to improve our products, features and services. I'd encourage you to vote for this idea posted in the Feature Suggestion board so our team can take it into consideration for new updates or product development.

I wanted to inform you that I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, you can start a new thread in the Help Forums if you have any other question so you can receive help from the Community. You can also check our Help Site where you'll find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

See you around.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

A warm welcome to the Community @ArunMohandas! Currently, Google Fit isn't a supported app. However, you may want to vote for this idea Integration with Google Fit because those ideas are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Additionally, you may want to check the list of supported apps

Hope this helps. Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you @SilviaFitbit I already replied to one of the topics https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Will-Fitbit-Sync-with-Google-Fit/m-p/205187..., please reply when you get time.

Thanks.

Regards,

Arun

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you kidding me? This isn't solved, and if you read your forums, this has been an issue SINCE 2014.

Best Answer

She will never respond.

Best Answer

@SocalBIGmike I'm not sure this is an issue to be resolved.

People have asked fitbit to integrate with a rival. They have chosen not to do so. Is that really surprising?

Best Answer

As the saying goes,"it takes two to tango". In general Fitbit does not initiate any connection to third parties, Fitbit has provided the tools and lets the third party connect to Fitbit. I even have a google spreadsheet connected to fitbit.

Have you asked Google Fit to connect to Fitbit?

I notice this is in the Blaze hardware forum, it should be in the third party forum, what is up with that?

Best Answer

This (relatively lightweight) feature has nearly 3k votes. What critical mass is needed before the feature will be picked up and shipped?

Best Answer

@jraczak it will take a couple of things, enough people tyat show v interest in it, be a part of the direction Fitbit wants to head in, and maybe will need Google Fit to agree. It also would be possible for Google Fit to connect to Fitbit so it might also be advantageous to pursue the connection from their side.

As for popularity vs votes, they are not the same, it could very well be that a request has many votes but none are recent, where anothe request has fewer votes but they are all in the past month.

Best Answer

How is this an issue since 2004?  Google Fit wasn't launched until October 2014...

Best Answer

While I would love this integration, people need to understand that FitBit has survived and is thriving within the fitness wearable market because they have stayed true to form and that is limiting how open their api is.  With that said, if they allow integration with Google Fit, that would more or less spell trouble for Fitbit as Google Fit is part of a VERY open api/ecosystem.  By doing that, Fitbit would potentially just be another product within the Google Fit web being that folks would buy Google Fit products to integrate with Fitbit and take advantage of their api.  This would essentially ruin the market share Fitbit has.  Additionally, I am certain that the way Fitbit products calculate steps is very different than how Google Fit does it algorithm-wise.  With that, if you allow for "outsiders" to inject their data into your database, you are potentially skewing the data set - which is VERY valuable to Fitbit.  

Best Answer

@chijrt, i had decided to ignore the timeline, considering that Fitbit was a kick starter project and not around in 2004.

Actually Fitbit allows others to inject some data, activities, calories, and weight. Just a note here, any data that was not recorded by your tracker will not go towards challenges.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@chijrt, i had decided to ignore the timeline, considering that Fitbit was a kick starter project and not around in 2004.

Actually Fitbit allows others to inject some data, activities, calories, and weight. Just a note here, any data that was not recorded by your tracker will not go towards challenges.

That is true and I would say as a former fitbit user, one of the BIG reasons to not leave was because of the challenges.  At the same time, I personally felt that fitbit was all about the 'steps', and I find that gave many folks a false sense of well-being in terms of health.  I still use fitbit (mainly for sleep tracker as I've discovered that is the best out of all competitors) but my primary wearable is Garmin.  The calorie burn is more accurate and it uses more realistic 5-zone HR zones.  The HR zones fitbit uses are insanely remedial and I left once I discovered they were not using the standard in which all other wearables use as physicians recommend.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's there a date on this? Just bought a new Alta HR, but if no Google fit, I'm afraid it goes back. Never imagined it wouldn't work.  

Best Answer

@chijrt Fitbit has an open API and not only allows but encourages others to gain access to your Fitbit data.

Every night my Google Sheet pulls the days data, snd Fitbit doesnt care.

That said Fitbit has no control over what third parties want to take. Fitbit also does not force a company to access your data.

So @rplotka is there a timeline, you will have to ask Google Fit.

Best Answer

So there's the choice, do you open a Chinese takeaway in a street that already has lots of Chinese takeaways or do you go and find a new unique geographical location or cuisine type with no competition? 

Mac or Google? 

Integrate and make friends with the competition or avoid them and just compete. 

Aside from mac, it was seem clear that an open ecosystem has generally served people well. Though it appears more risky at first, feel free to chat to Blackberry and Nokia about the benefits of going it alone and fighting for your share of the market... 

Best of luck fitbit... 

My advice.. 

Get on board, share with everyone, and simply just be the best at what you do.. 

Best Answer

@Bigyabbie, in what way does your comment present your case to Google fit, or Fitbit to lonk up?

Best Answer

Back it went. Been using the Garmin ever since. Awesome device. Go with the Garmin device it has more features, better interface, cheaper price and the days is yours. They'll likely delete this but I felt so strongly about this I figured people might appreciate a first hand opinion

Best Answer

FitBit is running on Google's Android OS, Google Fit is the native Fitness Tracker, which many other apps have linked to, so FitBit should also add sync to Google Fit.  It is a Win for them.

Best Answer