Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to sync Fitbit with Google Fit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it possible to sync FitBit with Google Fit? Anybody has any idea? Because all my past fitness is in the fit app, i need to migrate to FitBit.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

wrote:

Heck do you think Fitbit knows that every night I have a Google sheer that collects my daily data? 

Are you serious? 

The difference between google fit and Fitbit is that Google is part of Operating System and not a simple app. 
Whenever you have the application that uses OS API (such as Fitbit), you've been expected to fully implement the device (hardware) to the OS[1]. Fitbit has cherrypicked exactly what API to use just not to share userdata with Android.

Do you think that Fitbit is not sharing the sensor data with Android because of bureaucracy? 
Com'n, don't be so funny.

Did you know that FitBit has its own OS called, FitBitOS? 

Please, give me a break...

[1] https://developers.google.com/fit/android/new-sensors

Best Answer

Yes,  Sorry to be so naive, but when my Fitbitpro  had the option to upload to GooglFVit, I actually thought it did.  Otherwise, why have it as an option and in the settings?  

So basically I have something on my wrist they I can look at on my phone and just see the graphs on steps and sleeping times etc.  They might think of removing the upload option that seemingly goes nowhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sync option syncs to your Fitbit account on the cloud. 

No even your Fitbit pro did not have the option to send data to Google fit,, Fitbit has never sent the sensor readings to third parties, these readings are encrypted at the tracker for the users protection. However Fitbit has an open API and I would think they would allow Google fit to access this API like other companies do. 

Now if Google fit approaches Fitbit for help in writing an interface, I don't think they need help.. 

Best Answer

I know the symc option is between my fitbit and phone app to my fitbit account.  Here are the screen shots of the Fitbitpro level I am on, and when you go into, User, above the sync option you have the option to turn on or off to upload to Google Fit.  This is why I thought there was some data relationship.  It is evident there is not one, so why even put this on the device options if it does not work?Option to turn on and off  transfer of dadt to Google FitOption to turn on and off transfer of dadt to Google FitVeryFitPro  version for my AndroidVeryFitPro version for my Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the app those screen shots are of. It is not your Fitbit app released by Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Zagreb totally, allowing google to aggregate all this user and health data in its population health division. Fitbit owning this data is a big asset for any company

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I know that it would be great to integrate Google Fit to Fitbit but as recommended, please take a look at the Integration with Google Fit request and see what our team has planned for this.

See you around. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

yes, we saw the plans. 
The plan is to ditch the integration with GoogleFit and create your own SDK. 

I don't have an idea how is that related to integration with GoogleFit!

You are suggesting to buy new products (FitbitOS) and to wait for Google to write an app in your SDK. 

That's the most absurd thing to do for "feature request" with so many votes. 

Best Answer

I got into these posts because I thought I got a Fitbit. I later found out
I did not. I got a Fitness Tracker, NewYouDirect Heart Rate Monitor
Pedometer Activity Tracker Smart Watch Wrist Band with Sleep Monitor
Calorie/Step Counter Bluetooth 4.0 for Android IOS (Black)

​for $34.99 from Amazon.

The app it connects to is called VeryFitPro. It does sync to Google Fit.
I got the Google Fit app so now i go from my VeryFitPro giving me steps,
sleeping and heart rate to Google Fit. NOW, I want to intergrate a food
system so I can totally monitor my calorie intake and exercise. I have
used Calorieking in the past and will assume I will need to actually "key"
in some data for a total integration.​

Sorry for the confusion I caused and I will try to remove myself from these
conversations.

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer

there's no support planned, so this isn't actually la solution

Best Answer

@Jayabalard please read the second half of the solution. Even @AlejandraFitbit doesn't know what the develooersdhave in mind. If the gesture request that was linked to gets enough votes, things could change. 

It would also be possible for Google Fit to link up from their side. it does no have to bedone by Fitbit. 

Or a third party not related to Fitbit or Google could even make this happen. 

Best Answer

I read the whole response.   The feature was declined https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features/status-key/declined

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your link only links to the list of declined features, not the request. 

Best Answer

Agreed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a way to sync Fitbit with Google Fit. Download free fitness tracking app Strava, which syncs with both Fitbit and Google Fit. Then simply have your Fitbit snyc to Strava and your Strava sync to Google Fit. Voila! Via the transitive property of equality, your Fitbit now syncs with Google Fit! Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I discovered this by accident. I don't know if it will work for you:

1. Connect Google Fit to MyFitnessPal
  2. Connect MyFitnessPal to FitBit

I have found that my weight tracking gets shared across all apps this way (which I want), but I have also had problems with activities being double-counted (which I don't want). That prompted me to uninstall MyFitnessPal for a while. I just now reinstalled it and am trying to play with the settings to get my desired results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Philadopolis I think you find help in knowing what is suppose to sync between Fitbit and MFP

Best Answer

Dowload the app FittoFit. This syncs the two aps.

Best Answer

Ridiculous that FB refuses to provide a direct solution to what has been a community desire for years. This request has been out there since at least 2014. There are klugey solutions, but seriously? Part of customer service is customer responsiveness. When the product plan fails to address a technically simple fix, there's something wrong with management.

Best Answer

As mentioned above. Google can get free access to your Fitbit data, they don't even need to ask Fitbit management for permission. 

Fitbit. Like a few other companies does not force themselves on other companies, but invites others to team up. 

I"m sorry that your upset that Google has not approached Fitbit yet to partner up. I agree, it is ridiculous that comoanies do not want to pair up with the number one community orientated fitness company on the web .This could be their downfall. 

Best Answer