Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notification and no connected gps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello,
If i want to use connected gps. My phone (huawei p8) says "check fitbit app"
App is open, bt is connected and all permissions ennabled. But he won't connect.
By notification, same problem. I follow the online setup,my Phone gives popup "notification are running" but i don t recieve any notifications.
My phone syncs perfect with fitbit app and in dashboard is written "connected" but my blaze doesn't appear in paired devices on my phone. Is this te problem? i don't know. When i search for devices he finds the blaze. But when i want to connect, my phones says ''blaze denied''. Can someone please help me?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
There are more people with this problems, it is a huawei-fitbit problem.
There isn t a solution.
I was hoping that updating to 6.0 would solved everything :'(.
I you want be sure you phone is the problem, try the blaze to connect with your tablet or PC or other phone with bluetooth. The blaze must be in the list with paired devices.
Returning your blaze is up to you, i didn t return my, because i love the device and hoping for a solution fitbit or huawei.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

If you have an iPhone you have to go into your "Location Service" settings.  There you will go to the fitbit app and make sure it can use your location "Always."  I had the same issue where it wasn't connecting for the GPS and after I did that it worked great.

Best Answer
0 Votes
In android location services also had to be turned on.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes i have read about it, but In the android menu>setting>location you haven't got the option to choose "always on" neither in the app settings.
When go to fitbit app>dashboard>track your excercise>click on the symbol in the upper right corner.Then the map wil show my location and i my phone give a popup he is using the gps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey, I have the same exact problems, same device!I think it is a bluetooth error. Our phone cannot interact with the tracker through bluetooth. Have you figured out any solution? I have tried everything suggested but still.nothing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same troubel, but diffrent phone - Huawei honor 7.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What is that with the Huaweis and their bluetooth issues? Very annoying
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am glad i not alone with this problem.

I still haven't found a solution! Smiley Sad.

Still trying, i won't give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, I am.disappointed I cannot find any solution on thay. If you finally figure out, please could you post it here? I think I might also contact Huawei for possible bluetooth issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Of course i will post it. IF i figure out!
I am now mailing with blaze support.
Best Answer

@ScaD  well I had no luck at all. I have been emailing with customer support as well.  I have tried to delete casce, uninstall, reinstall, set up again, over and over again but still my phone seems to pair incorrectly with the tracker. The strange thing is that Blaze is not even available sometimes under my Bluetooth settings and ofcourse nothing is listed under paired devices. When I checked to see if my laptop bluetooth can trace Blaze I found surprisingly that Blaze is listed as a paired device under my Bluetooth settings. So it must be something with Android and Huaweis. Huawei customer support didn;t pay any attention when I emailed them. They just said that it could be a bluetooth incompatibility. Should we hope in an Android update? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SofiG let s hope, It is a huawei problem! Which OS android do you have?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am running Android 5.0.1!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to say, I have a later andorid version (5.0.2) and i have the same resualt. 

If I have bluetooth Classic on, the Blaze says "Phone Not found". 
But if I look in the phone it says connected.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I have been emailing with customer support and they have sent the issue to the engineering team. Let's hope there is a solution out there, or some sort of incompatibility that they can fix.

Best Answer
They Have sad the same to me, so let's Hope.
It's not quite a huawei problem, because my previous tracker (vivosmart) had no bt issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, let's hope that we hear from them soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently, I just learned that my Huawei P8 mobile even if it is listed as a supported device for all Fitbit Blaze features, it is not actually supported because it is a GRA-L09 edition. I have no idea what these terms mean, and there was no way that I would understand it before buying Blaze as I just checked the supported devices and Huawei P8 was one of them. This is a bit misleading I must confess. Or I might me idiot for not investigating it further before buying blaze.

In any case I have opened a new idea to add it as a supported thingy for whom might be interested ( @ScaD @Anohl02 ) . THis is found in the link below.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Huawei-P8-Standard-Edition-GRA-L09/idi-p/1276662#M5...

Best Answer

Thanks @SofiG for that you got this info. Think this was the least blurry, how can they support a product, but not a specific version. How to know this before buying the blaze. 😞 Really hope they respond and resolve this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks
i gave up. 😞 !
I Hope update to 6.0 , normale End of August, in Europe.
my phone is p8 lite version ALE-L21.
Best Answer
0 Votes