Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications STOP working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had the Blaze for ~2 days and this has happened twice already. 

iOS 9.2. 

Notifications will work for a while and then stop altogether. 

Fixing it requires me to go int othe Fitbit app, turn off notifications, sync, turn notifications back on, and sync again.

Not terribly difficult, but annoying to have to fix so often. If it's not on your radar as a bug already, I hope you put it on there now! 🙂 

Thanks.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello all. Woman Very Happy If your trackers are not receiving notifications, I recommend following the instructions in our My tracker isn't receiving notifications thread. If these steps don't work, feel free to contact our Support Team. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Have you tried just leaving the fitbit app running in the background. That seems to be the key, at least for me. That allows the fitbit to constantly sync to the app, which is what allows the notifications to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Fizzie94! The app is always open in the background. It does not seem to have any sway over whether or not the notifications stop sending. 🙂

Best Answer

@runwithnewmedia You can close apps that are running in the background in order to save battery life on iOS but that messes with notifications.

Oops, looks like I misread your post. Sorry!  I have no idea if it isn't that 😞

Best Answer
One thing I've noticed is if you're actively using the phone when you receive a text, alerts do not show on the Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this same problem. I have to do the same thing as you to get it working again. Hoping there's a fix soon...

Best Answer

Thank you @runwithnewmedia ! My notifications stopped all of a sudden yesterday afternoon after working perfectly for weeks. Your solution to turn off all notifications in app, sync, turn back on and sync again solved my issue. Thanks again.

Best Answer

Hello all. Woman Very Happy If your trackers are not receiving notifications, I recommend following the instructions in our My tracker isn't receiving notifications thread. If these steps don't work, feel free to contact our Support Team. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Thank u this helped me!
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @TJmama5, I am glad to hear that the instructions provided were helpful. If you need anything else do not hesitate in posting it.

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

this fixed it for me as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solved my issue as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue with my fitbit blaze not receiving calls and texts. When I swiped down from the top of the screen like when accessing the music controls, I found out the my notifications were not on.  There is an off/on option right above the music controls

Best Answer

Hello @honeytongue@bgranville and @oddgirlout welcome to the Fitbit Community! @oddgirlout thanks for sharing your experience. 🙂 @honeytongue and @bgranville I'm glad to hear @AlejandraFitbit's advise helped you with your issue! 

Hope to see you around more often! Smiley Wink

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
Thank you @oddgirlout! I was about to contact customer support and your answer helped me! I
Must have accidentally hit the off button when k swiped up for my music controls.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No problem 🙂 I was about to return mine and tell them it was defective to
get a new one before I figured it out
Best Answer

My notifications have stopped working after a month.

Ive tried everything to get it to work again.

Deleted app

Forget fitbit in bluetooth

Reloaded everything.

Nothing seems to work

Best Answer
Did you swipe down from the top of your screen and check that it is enabled
there?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I know they should be working @CathrynB for me it is one of two things that I need to do. 

First I Swipe down on the clock to make sure they are turned on, then I restart the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great this seems to be working - at least the vibrating part.
I did what you said then swiped down on fitbit, it started to vibrate as I called myself on another phone.
But did not show anything on screen, then pressed the side watch button and it showed the called.
How do I get it to show caller without tapping the button?

Kind Regards
Cathryn

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes