Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are there any plans to get the pixel 2 on the compatibility list???

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181
I have to have my phone on me anyway since the Versa has no GPS and since I
want in on my walks for emergencies. And I have been using Map my Walk
since before I had a fitbit and I just kept using it out of habit.

--

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the
world. - Nelson Mandela
Best Answer

I have never had good luck with the Fitbit GPS on my Blaze with any phone I used including Apple .I dont understand how as the Blaze does not have a GPS it only records data from the phone GPS . I use Map My Ride, Map My Walk, and even used my car GPS and all 3 read exactly the same distance for the route but Fitbit always loses 0.12 per mile tracked, this is why I have never been able to use just the Fitbit app . I know only use it for heart rate during workouts, sleep, and general step tracking through the day. 

Best Answer

Help! I have a Fitbit Alta and every time I try to add a friend, or go to challenges it crashes. I am on a pixel 2 phone. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no syncing issues with any devices on my Pixel 2 except my Blaze. It became a paperweight until I gave it to my nephew.

I agree. My Pixel 2 works perfectly. I bought the first Fitbit when it came out and have consistently upgraded with each model including my Blaze. I can't believe they won't create a patch to solve this problem and support the phone.

I see the Pixel XL is compatible with the new Versa, however, only part of the features work. That isn't acceptable for a $199.00 device.

You don't get all of the features the Versa offers, though. 

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Meh I am just going to wait for the new Galaxy watch coming out soon.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like im gonna have to get another type of tracker then.... 😞

Best Answer

A recent update must have fixed this. I'm now able to control music though the watch. Only thing is that it never updates the screen. So if the track name changes, the name stays the same as the first track that it displayed. Additionally, the play symbol never changes to pause when music is paused. Oherwise, in terms of skipping forward, back, playing, pausing, controlling volume; all of those buttons work as expected. 

I must also note that I've been on Android P, which also seems to have fixed *most* (not all) of my Bluetooth problems. Android P also fixed my Versa syncing problem.

[Edit] track info updates now for some reason after having paused it manually via phone notification and then unpausing it. Play button still does not change, however, but that's the only thing left now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are all the features working on your alta?  I'm specifically wondering if the text and call notifications will come through on my Alta HR from the Samsung 9S+.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry, not with the samsung phone but the alta hr showing text and call notifications synced with the google pixel 2 xl.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Adp wrote:

I must also note that I've been on Android P, which also seems to have fixed *most* (not all) of my Bluetooth problems. Android P also fixed my Versa syncing problem.

Out of frustration, I decided to upgrade my Pixel 2 to the Android P Beta (https://www.google.com/android/beta).   After the OS upgrade was complete, I rebooted my Blaze.  The FitBit app synced fairly quickly, and I received my very first email notification.

So the new Android software stack may have resolved whatever BlueTooth communication issue Android 8 has, but only time will tell.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This could be great news for us who have a google phone or upgrading this
year to a new flagship preloaded with Android P. I dont understand why
Fitbit is not fixing the issue as most phones will run Android 8 by the end
of the year. So for now it works on Android 7 no issues on my pixel 2 xl
not at all on Android 8 but possibly on Android P. I like my blaze but
really like my daughters versa and wanted to upgrade but cant. Maybe I will
push Android P to my phone and see if it works on my daughters then go get
one. If not then its Polar or Garmin for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
Maybe I will
push Android P to my phone and see if it works on my daughters then go get
one. If not then its Polar or Garmin for me.

I have a garmin vivosmart hr+ and that no longer syncs correctly with Android P. With Android O, I could get it to sync if I rebooted the phone, but now I can’t even pair the watch to the phone. It just constantly asks me to enter the code over and over. So it’s not just a Fitbit issue. 

Best Answer

Was it much hassle to install the beta? Any regrets? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been running the P beta since about Google I/O. My Fitbit Charge 2 HR syncs pretty reliably, I think. Just step counting. My wife us still on O with her Versa. It mostly works, I think (I see the details on the notification screen change when I look). She currently occasionally is complaining that the steps on the watch and phone don't align. Eventually it fixes itself (maybe she reboots or cycles bluetooth). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bongorock wrote:

Was it much hassle to install the beta? Any regrets? 

It's not particularly inconvenient.  There is a 1.1 gig download to complete, and then a ~10 minute install and reboot.   I did it over my lunch break.    I was hesitant to install it right after I/O in May because I didn't want to risk stability issues on my only phone, but now that they've released 3 or 4 updates, it's in pretty good shape.

The standard warnings apply to all beta software:  It might not work reliably, it might delete all your data, or cause headaches, nausea, or vomiting.   Ask your doctor if Android P is right for you.
Most likely, you'll be fine, and get to see what the OS will look like for all users in the future.

Best Answer

I used P DP3 on Pixel 1 and last month I upgraded to Pixel 2 XL installong immediately DP4 that is absolutely perfect in terms of linking with Fitbit (tried with Versa and Ionic, not with Blaze hiwever).

Worthy to try

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fibit One that I've had for a few years had no problem with my Pixel 2 XL, so I never even thought to look at compatible devices when going to the FitBit Charge 2. I have received text notifications, but the syncing only seems to work sporadically. I've taken off the All-Day Sync and Always Connected and it has just synced. Hopefully that has addressed the issue, but now wonder if I'm going to get notifications. That was the primary reason that I wanted to move to the Charge, as I wanted to be able to receive text notifications while at the gym. So disappointed that the Pixel 2 is not supported. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a reason for this hold up? It's July 2018 and you sync with other Android devices, including the original Pixel, it doesn't seem like it should be so complicated to pair with Pixel 2

Best Answer

Looks like the 8.1 security patch update in early July messed up my Pixel 2 XL.  My last sync was 7/18, prior to that, my Charge HR synced fine with the phone.  I tried everything, finally uninstalled it, did a factory reset and tried reinstalling it.  The app recognizes my device, sends me the 4 digit code, but then it won't connect to Bluetooth, so now I have a tracker that works, but no way to keep the data.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see how this can qualify for an acceptable solution.  It still doesn't work almost a year after it was rolled out.  This is ridiculous. Fitbit just needs to get it done.

Best Answer