Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are there any plans to get the pixel 2 on the compatibility list???

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181

Great! Glad it worked! I was frustrated when it didn't sync,so when it did I wanted to share since hopefully it would help others! 😄 I was using my old phone to sync when I got home... Couldn't not use my new fitbit!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to update my FitBit One's firmware from version 6.60 to 6.64 in order for it to sync with my Pixel 2.  I had to install the FitBit app on my laptop, sync my laptop to my FitBit One, then update the firmware from my laptop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also very interested in seeing MobileTrack support for the Pixel 2 XL!

crosses fingers and hopes it arrives soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Considering this is one of the three flagship phones that have been anticipated for all of 2017 this is very disappointing and pathetic on Fitbits part. If third party manufacturers had time to design and release cases specifically for this device there's really no excuse for an app like this to not have support and even less of an excuse for the to be zero update a month after it's release. 

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit wrote:

Thanks for getting back @Kate8888!

Most of the time, compatibility relies on the hardware part, not all phones will have the same components even when they're phones that just came out to the market. This, together with working with different software integrations makes some phones not to be compatible. I'm not saying this is the case with the Pixel 2 but we don't have still any news on if it will be made compatible in a near future.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Responses like this are very frustrating, and I do not perceive this to be true. While I understand you are trying to be helpful and likely don't have a technical background,I don't believe there to be any hardware component in these devices that make it to 'not be compatible'  to sync data over Bluetooth, specifically Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Pixel 2 supports Bluetooth 5.0 LE, and Fitbit uses BLE to sync data.

Supporting Documents:

Pixel 2 XL Tech Specs:  "Wireless & Location - Bluetooth 5.0 + LE"

How do fitbit devices sync their data?: "Fitbit trackers and watches use Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology to sync with phones, tablets, and certain computers."

While it's true that hardware components differ from phone to phone, unless you can provide some specifics on why the hardware in the Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL prevent compatibility, this is purely a snake oil comment.

More interesting, I have several bluetooth devices currently synced to my Pixel 2 XL, and none of them have any issues, some are very old, some are brand new. I'm sure some of these do not use BLE, and some do, but the point is, they work. The only device that doesn't work consistently, is my Fitbit. I should also point out that these devices aren't actively connected at the same time as my Fibit, 90% of the time, and testing has proven that it has no impact on this issue, as my Fitbit doesn't sync when it's the only device connected/within range of my phone.

Next, I've fiddled with my Fitbit, and have got it to occasionally sync, but not with any consistency or regularity. I've gone through the troubleshooting steps, and I was able to remove my Fitbit device and initially pair it (though it was troublesome) and it worked for a short period of time. There was even a couple day span where my Fitbit did sync with my Pixel 2 XL, but it always went back to not working.

Lastly, my GF's pixel 2 has no problems syncing data from her Fitbit, however notifications don't always appear (which apparently is an Oreo issue from additional research).

On the surface,  I do not see any reason why the Pixel 2 XL/Pixel 2 wouldn't be able to sync with Fitbit devices. This, more or less, appears to be a Fitbit development issue. The fact that it works sometimes is an indication that while not stable, syncing is possible, and may require some type of update to improve stability.

As others have stated, Google is a flagship phone, and with a good portion of folks using Google devices, it's important to maintain compatibility with these devices.

Best Answer
Interesting you feel that I don't comprehend how to use my device due to a
lack of technical background. Very professional of you to sit in a chair
and pretend to be an expert on the internet.

Please see my references below:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/zastewart

The device/software is currently broken. As is the ionic. Uninstalling and
reinstalling the phone software every few days is not an acceptable
solution.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ZMS wrote:
Interesting you feel that I don't comprehend how to use my device due to a
lack of technical background. Very professional of you to sit in a chair
and pretend to be an expert on the internet.

Please see my references below:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/zastewart

The device/software is currently broken. As is the ionic. Uninstalling and
reinstalling the phone software every few days is not an acceptable
solution.

I'm a bit lost, my response was to Fitbit (Ferdinand) not to you? I'm agreeing with you and stating they should be compatible, and its broken. No where, did I say it was an acceptable solution that uninstalling/reinstalling software every few days is acceptable, I'm advocating the opposite..

Best Answer

Since it looks like I can't delete my earlier post, I will clarify what really happened.  I can't explain why my Fitbit One randomly synced (one time) with my Pixel 2 before I upgraded the firmware on the Fitbit One.  Since the firmware update on the Fitbit One, I have not had it sync to my Pixel 2.  I thought it synced directly from the Fitbit One to my Pixel 2 as soon as the firmware update completed on the Fitbit One, but now I believe that it actually synced to the Fitbit USB dongle on my laptop.  Since then, I have been forced to sync through the Fitbit USB dongle.

Best Answer

I have an issue with my surge that syncrs with my pixel2xl but now won't any more. The Bluetooth classic setting will connect with my phone but has sync errors messages

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ughhhhh I just bought a Pixel 2 XL and assumed it could do everything iPhone and Samsung could. I never ever dreamed my Fitbit Charge 2 wouldn't work with it so now my Fitbit is useless. Not that it matters, they got my money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, bye bye Fitbit. I loved you, but not as much as I love my Pixel 2.

Best Answer

This was a rude awakening 😞  I was just sick of apple products, but now my fitbit doesn't work with my new phone.  It would be a bummer if i had to switch devices after being in the fitbit family for 3 years. 

Best Answer

What I don't get is that when I first got my pixel 2 xl I had my Fitbit blaze connected to it no problem. But, now I can't get it to find my tracker at all.

Best Answer
Exactly! My charge 2 connected for 1 day and then disappeared completely.
Best Answer

My blaze has been connected for 2 1/2 months and only had a sync error once. When I went to fix that my blaze hooked right up then too. So I'm just confused as to why it doesn't connect now

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a very similar experience! My Alta synced for like three weeks then
all of the sudden it wouldn't sync one morning.
Best Answer

Yeah! Like it's crazy weird to me and nobody can figure it out. Like I love to wear my Fitbit but I can't without it not pairing to my phone. I'm surprised it hasn't been updated and fixed yet.

Best Answer

I was wondering why my Fitbit wasn't syncing to my Pixel 2 XL.

Well, since Fitbit has abandoned me I guess it's time to abandon Fitbit. Anyone have any recommendations for alternatives?

Best Answer

I have a pixel 2 and it stops synch'ing daily. However every time I reboot my phone  it syncs just fine for the rest of that day before it errors out again. 

It's a Small inconvenience, especially since I like to reboot my phone daily anyway.. Would be nice if they fixed this though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems that the last update (Android 8.1) fixed my issues
Best Answer
0 Votes