Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are there any plans to get the pixel 2 on the compatibility list???

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181

I have a Blaze and the same thing happened to me. It wasn't syncing i believe after I updated Fitbit- so I deleted it and tried to reinstall it- now it won't connect with the tracker AT ALL!!!! I love my fitbit for notifications and now it's turned into just a very expensive watch!  is there a way to fix this or am I screwed!?

Best Answer
There is an Android update 8.1 that seemed to fix my surge. Check it out
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes! Finally! I'm able to sync my alta to my phone 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got 8.1 a few days ago, it still can't find the Blaze. I really loved that watch and couldn't wait to get the Ionic, but I'm done with Fitbit if they can't fix this. I'm not throwing away my $700 phone in favor of a little fitness tracker. It's ridiculous that it can work with other Android phones but not the flagship Android phone. It's like making a Fitbit that works with iPhone 6 but not iPhone X.

Best Answer

I have 8.1 on my pixel XL 2 and have no issues syncing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the 8.1 update, my flex 2 seems to sync with no issues and my older charge HR which was my main tracker hasn't synced once... Which is super disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I probably be getting an ionic for Xmas. I would be shocked if they can't
get the top watch to work with the pixel2xl. My surge finally worked. What
I did was go through the complete process from pairing to using the app to
reconnect the watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like some have found a fix, but my Blaze does not sync.  I used the port to pull my apps from my iPhone, and it has the Fitbit app with my blaze in it.  However, when I try to pair with bluetooth the Blaze will not pair, stating that the pairing is rejected by the Blaze.  I was able to pair using Bluetooth Classic in the settings on the watch, but it still won't sync with the fitbit app.

Best Answer

My Blaze still won't either. Tried everything. Updates, reinstalls, etc. I really liked the Blaze but now it's a brick. I wanted an Ionic so badly when they announced it, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole after this mess.

I hope someone at Fitbit is paying attention to this.

Best Answer

Just got a Blaze and I'm extremely frustrated /disappointed that such a well known phone is not supported. What gives, Fitbit? 

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

If you are having issues with any Fitbit device and your Pixel 2 please return your Fitbit for a refund.

If Fibit does not want to provide any update, communication, or resolution on this matter then we must show them that their inability to manage this customer relationship will be met with a financial hit to their portfolio.

Please spread the message.

Best Answer

It took a few days, but my Fitbit's both (Blaze and Flex2) now sync with my Pixel 2. I think that connecting to the Bluetooth Classic on the Blaze helped, as it was first to sync, syncing for the first time about an hour after making the connection. 

Seems that patience is a virtue that will eventually be rewarded. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is ridiculous. The Pixel 2 and 2 XL are flagship phones. No excuses that this is happening. 

Best Answer

Bought the Pixel 2 just before Xmas. Got the Fitbit for Xmas. Hope my wife still has the Fitbit receipt.

@Kate8888 wrote:

Are there any plans to get the pixel 2 on the compatibility list???

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

1-3-18 and same thing, still won't synch with my Pixel 2 XL. FitBit loses in this love match if I have to choose between Pizel 2 XL and my Charge.

Best Answer

I've had a strange thing happen. For reference, I've had the Blaze for a little over a year, it synced well with my iPad and *okay* with my Pixel 1. Got the Pixel 2 and it just refuses to recognize the Blaze (or the Blaze refuses to recognize it). After trying a few other fitness trackers, I missed the Fitbit interface so I decided I would just sync the Blaze with my iPad and do without a few of the on-the-go features. The app syncs the data on my iPad to my phone when I'm on wifi, so the Pixel 2 knows that I have a Blaze, it just doesn't recognize it on Bluetooth.

But when I went for a hike, I tried a forced sync on the Pixel 2, without pairing, and it worked! I managed to track the hike on the app even though it wasn't fully paired. It only tracked distance and time on the Pixel 2, but once I got home and synced with the iPad, the heart rate & calories & all other data was there!

It's not ideal, obviously, it's a workaround, but it gives me a glimmer of hope that it may all work together in the future. For now, this will have to do. If you don't have a tablet or other gadget that will sync like I do, maybe syncing with the desktop will work for now?

Best Answer

@jeanniepep, Try having only one device (phone or tablet) connected at a time.

After one of the updates last year I started having sync/pairing issues. Removing the dongle from my desktop solved the issue. During trouble shooting later for the same issue, it turned out that the Windows Fitbit app I had just installed was interfering with my Android phone app connecting.

A week ago, the hardware failure of my Nexus 5x had me back to using my older Nexus 5. To reduce battery drain, I started using the Windows app on a computer when I was at home and not in bed. I sometimes had sync issues if both apps were connected to the Blaze at the same time. As long as I kept Bluetooth running on only one device, it always synced.

My Pixel 2, to replace my failed Nexus 5x, arrived today. After transferring the data from my Nexus 5 and finishing all updates and setup, it synced to my Blaze without issue.

I have two Blaze trackers and swap them every month or two. I found out that I can pair using any device and the new pairing transfers to any device using my account. I just need to remember to keep only one app connected to the Blaze at a time.

I hope this helps and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer

Nope, it wasn't paired with anything the first 10 times I tried to set it up. It had been disconnected for months because I had a series of ancient loaner phones after dropping my original Pixel in the toilet. Back when I had the Pixel 1, the Blaze was connected to both just fine. Then it sat in a drawer for 6 months while I waited for the 2 to come out, the Bluetooth on the iPad wasn't even turned on.

Best Answer

Hi there everyone! Happy to see new faces on this thread. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Just as an update for anyone wondering out there, as of right now, we still don't have any news on making the Pixel 2 compatible with Fitbit. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the list of compatible devices for any update and thanks a lot for your patience and understanding with this!

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Why do Fitbit official statements not share whether development is ongoing?

The lack of transparency from Fitbit on topics such as this is frustrating (apologies to the community managers, I suspect this is not your call).  For customers, greater transparency enables us to make more informed decisions.

Fitbit, I'm sure there is a downside to being more transpatent about this stuff. But when you're not, we're the ones who are paying for it. We know we are, and we don't appreciate it. Small comments about Fitbit "exploring", "considering", or "attempting" integration would go a long way in threads like this.

Thanks for listening.

Best Answer