Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are there any plans to get the pixel 2 on the compatibility list???

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181
My Fitbit is now Syncing and the notifications are working. Not sure why or
for how long.
Best Answer

@tiealeg after you said that I went and played with the settings again and now I'm getting all notifications from my phone on my Pixel 2 XL. So maybe try again, everyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is BS, bluetooth is a industry standard, there is no reason that syncing should not work or that this can not be fixed with a software update. There is a "hardware" issue??? Please.... sounds like it might be time to ditch fitibit all together.

Best Answer

Same here! My iPhone 6 was getting slow and I wanted to move away from iPhones and got myself a Pixel 2. Can't believe Fitbit doesn't work with it! Unacceptable. I won't be changing phones and will rather change to another brand of tracker if they don't fix this fast. Are you listening Fitbit?

Best Answer

This is a horrible solution. You could just support a flagship phone that has been out for 5 months. The developer preview of Android Oreo has been out even longer. 

Best Answer

Update: 3/20/2018

Still working without any issues, I did switch my bluetooth back to version 1.4 recently and that didn't cause any issues.

Update: 1/26/2018:

Still working without an issue!!!

Confirmed working so far!

So, I got the settings to work, I can't believe I had to do this instead of Fitbit having a suppot dock.

Basically, you will need to turn on "Developer Options", there is a how to below:

https://9to5google.com/2018/01/15/how-to-enable-developer-options-google-pixel-2-android-basics/

Net you will need to go into the developer option settings, go down to Bluetooth AVRCP Version, turn it from AVRCP 1.4 (Default) to AVRCP 1.3. After I did this, I set my fitbit to "pair" within the settings section (on the fitbit itself). After his, I went to my Bluetooth settings on my pixel 2 XL, clicked add new device and connected to my fitbit. At this point, I got an active connection via the Bluetooth settings. After this, I went into the fitbit app (I had removed all previous devices) and then clicked "add new device". It took about 2-3 minutes for my phone to connect to the fitbit and I was able to sync. I got prompted with a code when it paired with the phone and then again when it connected to the fitbit app. I am going to test this weekend and see what happens.

A big "blank you" fitbit for being little to no help, mainly no help. I am glad I could use some of my IT experience to figure out a solution for your product..... which I am sure you will pass on as your own....

Experience:

IT Professonal (6 Years)

Best Answer

Does that fix just apply to the Pixel 2XL or will it also work on the Pixel 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jrhortian, I am surprised at what you needed to go through. I replaced my failed Nexus 5X with a Pixel 2. After all of the updates were done, I was able to pair and sync without issue. I periodically lose sync ability. Either turn Bluetooth off and back on, or restart the Fitbit app will reestablish the sync.

My issue has been GPS. With the current cold weather, I don't get out often for GPS exercise. When I do, I have test different suggestions from the Support and the Community that had been suggested for the Nexus 5X after the Oreo upgrade. I still have some to test. However, the GPS is now intermittent where I totally lost it on the Nexus 5X. (I am now ahead. Smiley Happy)

Before the hardware fault on my Nexus 5X, I was seeing improvements without the Fitbit app getting an update. However, I did see Google subsystem app updates that looked related the issues fixed. I wonder if some of the issues might be OS related.

GPS isn't much use to me in the winter. I am hoping to get it working by spring. Even then, it is only a minor irritation to me compared to the real benefits of my Blaze and the Fitbit data analysis and display. They have helped me diagnose and fix health issues. Now they keep me on track and give me an indication when I need to make an adjustment. Where I have been on a walk, is only of mild interest. When I can run again, the GPS may be of more benefit for the more accurate heart health date and the run stride auto calculation.

A few months ago, I was providing data to Fitbit Support via email about issues with the Android Fitbit app. I saw improvements / fixes to the app a few weeks later that my data may have helped with. When I have more data, I will provide it to Support via email again.

I have seen a distinct difference between the three components of Fitbit help: Service Desk (phone/chat), Support (email), and User Community. In IT terms those are tier 1 support, tier 2 support, and user help. [I have seen the terms used vary by vendor/company.) When used properly, the three components work well. The moderates of the Fitbit User Community give an added benefit that I haven't seen in most IT user help forums.

I much appreciate the users, moderators, phone analysts, and email support workers that have helpled me.

Experience:

IT professional for 3 decades.

I hope this helps and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on Pixel 2 and having massive issues with this. I agree with the other comments - it is appalling that such a popular phone is not supported this much time after its launch. Spoke with customer services who helped me reconnect my phone and Fitbit but there is no news on when this will be sorted. She can't even confirm that they intend to sort it. Considering my options.... As others have said - loving my Pixel 2 so might get rid of Fitbit forever! 

Unforunately I couldn't get the Developer control workaround to work - so frustrating Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
I love the phone so I'm going to look for another fitness tracker. Welcome
to any suggestions that are compatible with the Pixel 2. Thanks!
Best Answer

Using a Pixel 2 and a Fitbit Charge 2 HR. Previously, to get it to sync I had to do some incantations such as shut off bluetooth, kit the Fitbit app, etc. And chant just right. And MAYBE it would sync. I miss the old days where the Fitbit app just did a sync without fuss. I don't think it's behaved without babying since I went from iOS to Android.

I've enabled Developer and changed Bluetooth AVRCP from 1.4 to 1.3. It seems to be reliably syncing at the moment with All-Day Sync and Always Connected. I hope that will still be the case in 24, 48 hours (or even 2).

Best Answer

Should work on both, there is no reason why it wouldn't, guess you will have to give it a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After an hour sync stopped. Last night I deleted the Charge 2 from the Fitbit app. Unpaired the device in Bluetooth configuration. Re-added the Charge 2 into the Fitbit app. It did a sync. And then within an hour it stopped syncing again. Just gives an error. So... 1.3 doesn't "fix" the problem for me.

Update: Last night I deleted the device in Fitbit. Unpaired in Settings / Bluetooth. Re-added the device to Fitibit. I have "All Day Sync" enabled and "Always Connected" disabled. This morning it is still syncing. I'll keep watching.

Update Jan 26, 2018: Still syncing. This is the best it's worked since moving into the Pixel 2.

Update Feb 19, 2018: I changed back to 1.4. It eventually stopped syncing. I moved back to 1.3. Generally, it syncs just fine, now. If it stops syncing I reboot the phone and that seems to fix it. Not perfect, but much better than before. And reboots on this phone are very fast, so I feel like my Fitbit is working better than I ever has on Android. But not perfect.

Best Answer

I'm glad I checked compatibility! Was going to buy the Blaze today for use with my Pixel 2. Synching seems to be hit and miss even with the great work by users. I've been using Fitbit products for years. Now, when I want to upgrade, it won't consistently work with my phone. I'll be looking for a different product that works with the Pixel 2.

Best Answer

Is there any more news on if this is being solved? My Fitbit ionic will now connect with my Pixel 2 but it won't show my texts or phone calls anymore. Just curious when we will get that compatibility because it's been awhile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

SOLVED thanks Fitbit and Google 

I have the newest updates for Pixel2, Fitbit Charge firmware, and Fitbit app.

Delete Fitbit from all instances of Fitbit app and Bluetooth settings on Pixel 2.

Pair 1: CHARGE - in Settings change to Bluetooth Classic-Pair. Pair to phone in Bluetooth settings. 

Pair : 2 pair in Fitbit App by adding new device in Profile. 

Took me 2 minutes and hasn't stopped pairing in a week.

Have fun and smile alot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Completely agree. Mine worked beautifully for a week but have had to reconnect twice now 😠

Sort it out Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a pathetic answer to the problem. As a device manufacturer, which an obvious customer base using Pixel 2, Fitbit should be busy working on compatibility testing. This phone has been in the wild for several months now.

This also leaves me wondering if Android 8.1 is actually supported, as few other phones have yet been updated to this version of the OS

Best Answer

Mine too! Got the latest Android update, and it worked perfectly for a week. Then the Fitbit app updated, and it stopped connecting. It's like Fitbit is actively trying to fail.

HELLO FITBIT ARE YOU OUT THERE?? We are the ones who are still trying to make it work. All the people you aren't hearing from have already given up.

Best Answer

@jeanniepep, @helenkry@Sephiruz, @SunsetRunner,

My blaze has always synced to my Pixel 2 since I installed the app on the Pixel 2 when purchased at the end of December. My only issue had been with GPS. I was able to get it to work with 2.64. My Pixel 2 refused to update to 2.65. It did get 2.65.1 when it was rolled out. GPS continues to work, as does sync. I have seen in other threads that 2.65.1 has resolved other users sync and GPS issues.

I suggest working with Fitbit Tech Support instead of complaining on the forum about something that is working for many of us as the issue must be with your settings or a failed device. If you have followed the forum suggestions that worked for other users, there isn't anything more we can do to help.

Good luck and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes