Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are there any plans to get the pixel 2 on the compatibility list???

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181

We have tried to work with the support team - they have been useless and simply pointed out that PIxel 2 is not on the supported phones list yet. They cannot give any indication as to when/if they will do so. 

Best Answer

I'm with @Kate8888 on this one. Since the Pixel 2 is a "pure" Google Android phone it shouldn't be much of a leap to make the Pixel 2 compatible like the first Pixel.

There's a lot of us Pixel 2 owners out here that are buying the Fitbit so let's get some of your resources going to make this happen.

Best Answer

Goosse1962, I'm happy things are working out well for you and for so many others. Please understand a couple of things.

1. This forum is here to air concerns (or complain about what is already working for you and so many others, as you like to say), and get answers.

2. If you read through the posts, you will see that tech support has been tried, without success. Even the response from Fitbit to me offered no "hope" for the time being.

So, since this is all worked out for you and your only solution is to offer the tried and obvious, or should I say, your input more condescending than helpful, perhaps your time might be best spent getting good use out of your Fitbit, leaving the many of us for whom this is not yet working to figure out  between Fitbit, and anyone else providing real solutions.

You have a fantastic day as well.

Best Answer

I don't understand why this was listed as a solution.

Best Answer

Me either.

wrote:

I don't understand why this was listed as a solution.

Best Answer

Still having the same issue. Nearly 4 months since PIxel 2 was release and still not update for it to be connected to Fitbit HR? Any update on timeline?

Please advise.

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit Thanks for the earlier response but it's frustrating to see this considered 'Solved' when there's zero commitment to a solution. Being told to keep an eye on the supported device list is much more frustrating than hearing you say "no, we will not support this".

I'd really like to see the Pixel 2/2XL officially supported. Please see if there's any way to bump this up in priority. However it's been over 4 months, so if it's not happening then it would be helpful to hear that.

thanks!

Best Answer

Ever since I got my pixel 2 when I log a walk it doesn't accurately calculate distance. Fitbit is about to lose a customer if they can't get their act together. Also, the posted solution isn't a solution, unless you are saying the solution is to dump my Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Why is this listed as solved, when it's clearly not????? Just bought the pixel2xl only to discover how far behind Fitbit had been in making the charge 2 compatible. My husband and I have been longtime Fitbit customers who are now forced to buy a competitor fitness tracker to replace our fitbits. Too bad, both of us have bought the last 3 Fitbit models over the years. This is crappy and stupid way to lose customers, especially given that you've apparently known about this issue for awhile and still haven't fixed it, and don't even have a published ETA. Ridiculous.

Best Answer

Will this mess up my bluetooth connection with other devices like my car and speakers?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not noticed any issues, after about a month of changing it to what I recommended I ended up changing it back and I have not noticed any issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just saw that this is still an issue for some folks.  I have had my Pixel and Pixel 2XL almost from day 1 for each of the phones (I preordered each) and I have not encountered issues after the initial bluetooth fix Google sent out.  It might be helpful to narrow down the specific issue folks are encountering if they would like Fitbit to address: 

1) are you experiencing issues with your first fibit sync to a Pixel 2? or were things working and then stopped? 

2) Pixel 2 or Pixel 2XL 

3) Is your Blaze on the latest firmware? 

4) Any issues syncing to computer or other phones? 

Good luck  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had an issue with my Alta connecting to my Pixel 2 since I got the phone, although initially it synced occasionally throughout the day and now it syncs one or two times a week.  I had no problems with my previous phone (A Samsung Galexy). If I open my ipad, the Alta will sync with that immediately.  My app and phone are both up to date.  I have tried disconnecting and deleting all from the phone and starting over, but that only works for an hour or two.  I really want to buy a Versa, but not if it won't work with my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once again, my Blazr started pairing intermittently with my Pixel 2, and AGAIN downloading the latest Fitbit update ruined everything. I love the app interface but I am so disgusted with Fitbit's utter disinterest in being compatible with the primary Android phone on the market. When it started to work, I was excited to think they might actually have their **ahem** together in time for me to get a Versa for swimming this summer. Guess not!

They already lost the $300 I was hoping to spend on the Ionic, now it looks like I can save $200 on not buying the Versa. A drop in the bucket for Fitbit, I'm sure, but multiply that by all Pixel 2/2XL users - apparently they aren't losing enough money to give a **ahem** about us.

Best Answer

How is that a solution???!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try syncing with data . 

I've had this problem for the past few days with the Google pixel 2 it wouldn't sync with WiFi but I just synced it like 5 mins ago and it worked ! I'm over the moon right now. Unlucky if I doesn't work but try with Data. Good luck 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

So.... I have a Pixel 2 XL and a Fitbit Blaze. The fitbit blaze works fine with my Pixel 2XL. I can control the music from my phone with it; I can do GPS connected works with my fibit blaze, connected to my phone. I get notifications from my Pixel 2 XL on my blaze. I'm not really sure why the fitbit contact was saying it is not supported....

Best Answer
0 Votes

After having ongoing problems syncing the Blaze to the Pixel 2, it finally seems to be working! I haven't done anything different - I've been wearing it without syncing (or with intermittent syncing) since November. Tried a few other fitness watches, but I really like the Fitbit app so I stubbornly kept syncing my workouts with my iPad & hoping they would eventually catch up. As of Thursday afternoon, everything suddenly started syncing: steps, texts, calls, everything. I was on a hike at the time and boom: notifications!

Anyway, I have complained so much that it's only fair I let you know when it's working too. Maybe it was the latest update, maybe they are rolling it out in stages. Could this be the sign that Fitbit is going to be officially compatible with the Pixel 2/2XL in the near future??

I won't be pre-ordering the Versa just yet, but I'm starting to feel hopeful!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now that you mentioned it, I do recall that there was a bluetooth bug in Android Oreo that was patched in, I want to say like the March security update for Oreo, which I think just came out. I think at the time Pixel 2's were also the only Oreo devices. I wonder if that had something to do with it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Pixel 2 and an Ionic, and I've had connectivity issues every morning when I sync my watch. The only thing that has worked is going into my phone settings, forgetting my Fitbit, and then adding it again. It's not a "real" solution, but it spares me massive amounts of technology rage first thing in the morning. I, like many others, assumed that since this phone was supposed to compete with the latest Samsung and iPhones that I wouldn't even need to check this, but from what I'm reading on various forms, the problem is with the Pixel 2 and not with the Fitbit. I never had a problem with my iPhone 6S after initial setup (which was a headache).

Best Answer
0 Votes