Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are there any plans to get the pixel 2 on the compatibility list???

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181

This is not a solution nor is it acceptable. When I first bought my Fitbit it worked fine with my Pixel 2 XL then my phone broke and a new one was sent to me I now cannot add my Fitbit back with it even after a factory reset on the watch itself. it seems like I can however add it to my iPad but I don't want to use it with my iPad. 

@FerdinandFitbit wrote:

Hi there @Kate8888. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

As of right now, we still don't have any news on making the Pixel 2 compatible with Fitbit. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the list of compatible devices for any update.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is this issue marked resolved? It is most definitely NOT resolved! There is still a pixel 2 compatibility issue! I am so very disappointed in Fitbit. The "keep checking our list of compatible devices" is a HORRIBLE answer to your faithful customers who have spent money on your products and have been waiting MONTHS for a fix.

Best Answer

I agree .

Fitbit should be compatible with the Pixel 2 / and 2 XL 

I have been using fitbit for years and now may have to switch to another . I'm not switching phones that's for sure.

The only reason I still have not switched away from fitbit is because the app still works on an older phone that;s on wi fi's . Otherwise, I would no longer have a fitbit

Best Answer

Why is this thread marked Solved when its not ?  Smiley Sad

Best Answer

I'm thinking they don't have any intention of adding the Pixel 2. The Apple X is newer yet it is supported. They won't talk about that either. So release dates mean nothing. They pander to Apple folks even though most of them use the apple watch. To be fair, I got most of the features working with my Pixel 2, no thanks to Fitbit. The only thing that completely doesn't work is tracking mileage when using the exercise feature. Sort of a big feature to be missing but I went back to using a trackmyrun program and I get by. But I'll never buy another Fitbit product again after the horrible support they provide. 

Best Answer

What fitbit device do you have?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Fitbit Flex 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd buy two Versa's today if the Pixel 2 was supported. My Charge 2 HR seems to be working fine, but for months it didn't. Occasionally it stops syncing, so I reboot the device and that seems to solve the problem. BUT, if I buy the Versa and 60 days in it stops syncing, I'm out of luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed this, this is what I did.  After a recent Android update on my Pixel 2 I could not get my Fitbit Blaze to sync.  First I removed the Blaze from the Fitbit app (Account->Blaze). Then in the Pixel 2 Bluetooth Android settings (Settings->Connected Devices->Bluetooth), find my Blaze and Forget the device.  Then I did the device setup again from the Fitbit app (Account->Set up a Device) and follow the prompts from there.  The device installed properly and syncs and sends notifications.

Best Answer

So disappointed this hasn't been fixed yet. Returned my Versa. Connected GPS wouldn't work and spotty syncing. I would happily buy one again if pixel 2 was compatible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

**ahem**, that's disappointing! My Blaze has finally been working consistently for the past few months, and I was just about ready to make the leap to the Versa! Guess not. 😐

Best Answer

I hate to say it too soon...but I bit the bullet and purchased a Versa.  Verizon says it is compatible (according to their website)  and so far, it has worked perfectly with my Pixel 2.  I will update if I have any problems. Right now I LOVE it!

Best Answer

Oh good!!! That's great to know, please keep us posted. I really want one! And this Blaze is over a year & a half old, it's not going to last forever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What doesnt make any sense is  the Pixel was supported the Pixel 2 is not. Thats after chatting with Fitbit in the Help Chat. 

I have both the Pixel and The Pixel 2 XL . The pixel 2 XL being on my main line . There is not much difference in the software  . The same OS( 8.1 Oreo)  The Pixel 2 XL should show as a supported phone in the list of phones

Best Answer

So you're telling me you don't plan to support one of the five most used phones on the market and you are trying to blame the hardware for what should be a simple software patch? Guess it's time to give the Samsung Gear pro a try.

Best Answer

Good luck getting them to say anything other than wait and see..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this really a Fitbit compatibility problem, or. Google Pixel 2 problem?

I've had the Google Pixel 2 XL since launch and it's been terrible for Bluetooth. 

Doesn't pair well with Byrd scooters. Wasn't able to consistently sync with my Garmin VivoSmart HR+, would work sporadically with my car. 

There's a huge thread (that's also erroneously marked 'fixed') there dedicated to the Google Pixel 2 XL's Bluetooth being broken in some way. 

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/forum/AAAAb4-OgUs-lpPfDGvkNw/?hl=by

And Google has not responded in any meaningful way.

Meanwhile, my Garmin watch paired perfectly with my Pixel XL 1, my Note 8, hell, even my tablet - but the Pixel 2 XL is the only problematic one. My Pixel 2 only connects flawlessly to headphones for music. Even phonecalls over headphonesh are a mixed bag. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also forgot to mention I found this thread because I was experiencing syncing issues with my Versa, but I'm already familiar with this behavior via my experience with my VivoSmart HR+ so I'm certain it's a Pixel 2 issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had the Pixel 1 and it synced just fine with the fitbit and everything else I have.  I upgraded to pixel 2 due to the promotion they just had.  Everything else pairs just fine with it except my fitbit. My Bose headphones never drop the connection, my Bluetooth receiver in my car never drops connection.  The only thing that drops constantly is my Fitbit.   

Best Answer

Yeah, in Pixel 2 Bluetooth thread, there's a mixed bag with who's car works fine with the phone.

One thing is consistent, though. Rebooting the Pixel 2 will restore syncing functionality momentarily until it decides to break again. (Obviously not ideal for anyone)

The funny thing is that I never had problems syncing my Samsung Gear S2 with the Pixel 2. Then again, Samsung has a bunch of apps and watch plugins to have to install before it let's you even use the watch. Anything that's not headphones? Forget it. Not reliable.

Best Answer
0 Votes