Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are there any plans to get the pixel 2 on the compatibility list???

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181

I would have completely agreed with you last month.  Since it's working perfectly for me after installing the Android P preview, it seems pretty clear that there is an issue with how Bluetooth radio communication was implemented in Android.  I have had no time or desire to investigate those technical details, but now firmly believe it was not FitBit's problem to resolve.

Of course, the company could have better explained why the new phones weren't supported.  Information always helps calm the outrage, but most companies prefer not to detail technical issues for reasons related to both liability and sales.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just updated and it's now working.  I take back all those things I was thinking about my investment a FitBit device.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Running a Google Pixel 2 XL with the latest Android P (been using since it first was available to us Pixel users). 

Trying to sync my Fitbit Flex and it refuses to find it. Tried everything I can think of and nothing works. 😞 

Best Answer

My Fitbit charge 2 worked just fine using my Google Pixel 2 until the update from Verizon to Pie.  Now notifications say unknown.  I never had trouble before.  Help?

Best Answer

Sorry to say but I have been going around and around with FitBit on these issues. They claim the phone is not compatible but I have also tried running on two compatible phones from Samsung that are on the list as well. One running Android 7 and the other running Android 8 with my Pixel 2 XL on Android 9. The same issues on all of them. Everytime FitBit updates it gets worse but they work flawlessly with iOS. I refuse to switch to Apple just to use a FitBit. I am searching for a good Wear OS watch since Fitbit is only concerned with Apple customers anymore.

Best Answer

@jrhortian Wondering if your Pixel 2 XL is still syncing with your Fitbit One?  I tried the steps you suggested but have not been able to get my One to sync.  Tested both AVRCP 1.4 (Default) and also changed to AVRCP 1.3 without luck.  Do you know if the Android OS might be an issue?  In May (when it used to work), I had Android 8.1 but now it's a Android 9.  

Fitbit Support is completely useless, and eight e-mails later with them, I'm frustrated.  You seem to have better knowledge!  😃  Thanks in advance for any tips and help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure about everyone else but I have pretty much given up on FitBit. I will never buy a product from them again for the following reasons.

1. FitBit claims the Pixel 2 is not compatible but yet if I roll back to Android 7 it works fine, both 8.1 and now 9 will not work properly if at all. 

2. Original Pixel is compatible at least until you move up to 8.1 or 9 then same problems as the Pixel 2.

3. Samsung S8 worked great on 8.1 then came the 9 update, guess what, same issues as the Pixel.

4. My daughter (last one in the house still running Apple) bought a new versa, works great on her iPhone 7s+. Synced it with all the Androids in the house and it crashes unless it is on Android 7.

FitBit is just catering to Apple at this point and decided that Android users do not offer the market share worth investing in updates. If I would have known I would not have spent $150+ on this worthless pedometer they call a Blaze. I still use it as a pedometer and watch as that is all it is good for, as soon as I find a good Wear OS watch that has the same features as the Gear 3 this thing will be in the garbage. Now that I am done with my rant, all I wanted to say is please do not waste your time talking to FitBit as they cannot and will not help you. Reaching out to sources within the forum will offer a better chance but ultimately you may spend more time trying to get it to work than what it is worth. Good luck and I hope you find a solution but I believe that switching to Apple is the only solution if you want to stay in the FitBit ecosystem and in my opinion that is not worth it.

Best Answer

Mine is still syncing; however, sometimes I will need to go into my settings on the fitbit and turn on "bluetooth classic" or "blaze classic" if I recall. Once you turn on "blaze classic" (on the fitbit) go into your android and disconnect from any fitbit connections, reset your android, then try and pair your fitbit. Once you do that it seems to connect. Once your fitbit is connected to your phone, go into the app, then you should see it syncing.

Let me know if you have problems.

@Fitbit support is useless and I can't believe this is still an issue over a year later. Although, my fitbit has been more stable from what I can tell.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit now lists the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL as compatible devices.  Are these problems still occurring nonetheless?  I pre-ordered the Versa before it was released, but then returned it because of call notification problems. I would buy a new one if Fitbit has solved the compatibility issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't had ant problems recently with my Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, unfortunately they are. The watch syncs but that is about it. The
notifications are marginal at best. Texts are always delayed if they come
through, calls always show UNKNOWN CALLER even though it is some one in my
contacts list. The button for accepting or rejecting calls is not there so
if a call comes in the watch vibrates for about 30 seconds regardless if
you answer or not and the music control features do not work (Blaze). I
have tried with my Blaze and Versa with no luck and trying to get help from
FitBit is down right useless. Good luck on the new versa.
Best Answer

@jrhortian & @SunsetRunner - Thanks for the tips!  I tried your tips. The Fitbit One intermittently syncs with my Pixel 2 XL phone app - i.e. it worked for 2 days and then stopped.  I also synced the One to my laptop (desktop version).  It more easily syncs with the laptop, and once it syncs with the laptop, then my phone updates.  Seems crazy that I have to sync with laptop daily to force my Pixel 2XL phone app to work.  Sort of resigned that it's not going to work that well, but it sounds like you are right about the Bluetooth and Android versions.  The One worked without issues prior to Android 8.1 & 9 updates.  Some people are saying it works fine with Pixel 2 and 2XL, but I also wonder if they are using Versa or other models and not the One. Sigh.  Cheers to you and not Fitbit support services!  I appreciate your help and I look forward to hearing new tips from users and ex-users.  Lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What settings do you have to have on in Fitbit app and on the Pixel 2 XL in order to get texts on your Fitbit? I had to replace my phone and can't remember what I did to finally get my old phone working with my Fitbit! So frustrating! 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's a hack that is reliably working for me (after pulling out my hair for few months): https://sarvjeets.blogspot.com/2019/03/fitbit-versa-sync-issues-with-pixel-2.html

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just wanted to share a thank you and a small update. My wife has been fighting to get her Blazer connected to her Pixel 2 for days. Your solution worked great, but I had to restart her Pixel 2 after making the bluetooth developer update for it to pair. Thanks again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

2019....still not

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems my pixel 2 knows about my blaze Fitbit watch. but when I try to sync it it seems to tell me it cannot find advice. That makes no sense. It also seems to have the latest information that my blaze shows for walking for walking or basic stuff.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the Versa 2 and can't get it to connect.....just upgraded to Android 10 on my Google 2, should I try this same process? 

Really disappointed so far in how long this has taken to set up for us non-IT folk. Plus, the whole lack of actual Spotify is ridiculous...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a 2 XL and have not had any issues for the last year with my Versa.  are there any other active bluetooth connections while you setup the Versa 2 on your phone?  I'm surprised you are encountering any issues with this as bluetooth with Android 10 has been really good for me on all my different bluetooth connections including my versa.  

Completely with you on the lack of spotify connectivity - really disappointed Fitbit has not addressed this or at least responded to the idea.  H

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a pixel 2xl is running android 10 with the Nov '19 patch.  .After pairing, did you set the profile back to AVRCP 1.4?  I was able to get to pair with 1.4 just by restarting the phone but it only worked until the next morning.  I had to restart the phone again and then it synced successfully.  Now I've set 1.3 and will see if it is more stable....

Best Answer
0 Votes