Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds...?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I understand the blaze isn’t supported by Fitbit and hasn’t been in quite a while. It’s like it had a short life due to them pushing the ionic shortly after.

Does anyone else feel that Fitbit is actively pushing updates to the apps to reduce the functionality of the blaze?

Not being supported I understand, but is it really necessary to break it completely?

I think it’s to the point where Fitbit should be refunding blaze owners the last retail price for the tracker.  I don’t understand what good 25% off a new tracker is when mine works just fine if Fitbit let it! It seems like they are doing it on purpose in hopes of getting us to buy new ones

Anyway a refund would be nice

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I'm sorry but I do not agree they are doing it on purpose

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB 

I used to be able to track an exercise with having the location setting on my phone set to "while using the app" Now in order to continue to use that feature i have to set location to "always"

I understand that the "newer" trackers with their app gallery have some apps that require 24/7 access to my location, but i can't think of 1 thing on the blaze that requires 24/7 access. The old setting on the blaze worked just fine for several years (and it still does if the pop up wasn't blocking it).

We also have the issue where the blaze appears to be the only tracker that vibrates continuously while on a call.

The issue presented itself in an app update, but because it appears to be the only tracker with an issue I'm guessing maybe its going to need a firmware update. It's been quite some time since there has been any update to the blaze, much like the new clock faces everyone is asking for.

The app could be written in a way to suppress whatever is causing the issue in the Blaze. We would assume that the fitbit app isn't trying to push notifications to the zip, flex or one, so whatever logic is being applied there could be used to address the issue with the Blaze.

The blaze also had a pretty quick life cycle since the ionic was introduced.I don't think there were any updates to the Blaze  or new clock faces introduced  after the ionic was introduced.

All that happened when i called customer support was being offered a discount on a new tracker! My tracker worked fine until the app update, instead of fixing it they offer me a discount to buy a new one?

It's hard not to think that these "features" were introduced on purpose  in an attempt to try and get Blaze owners to purchase the versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I notified a Mod to come help you. I'm just a volunteer

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi @WendyB , nice to see you back! Thank you for sharing your opinion with us and for letting us know about the inquiry from @thenameless1 !

Hello @thenameless1 , nice seeing you around ! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and for your feedback!

I can assure you that there hasn't been any update made, to brick or break any device from functioning as it should! That a Fitbit model is not longer offered on the Online Shop, it only means that we want to offer other options to the Fitbit Family. We continue supporting all our devices, from the Fitbit Zip, over the Charge, Blaze  until the Versa Family!  If you contact Support with an inquiry about any Fitbit device, they'll be more than glad to help you out, independently of the device you are using. 

I haven't access to your case with Support, but I'm sure that the offered you the best help and resolution possible based on the situation and warranty status of your Blaze. 

Regarding the location option you talked in your post. Our team works constantly to improve the service and functionality of our products, trackers, watches apps. They have to adapt the Fitbit app to the possibilities offered by every operating system.  If the original operating system of your phone requires that the location setting  has to be turned on. The Fitbit app will be adapted to this.

The best example: Google changed its permission requirements beginning with Android OS 6.0. As a result, the locations permission is necessary to sync your Fitbit device with your Android device.

More about this can be read here: Why is the Fitbit app prompting me to turn on location services?

Please let us know if you have further questions.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

@JuanFitbit I appreciate the reply, but think that we might have 2 different ideas of what supporting means. Please allow me to provide an example.

Recently Fitbit upgraded ther versa and ionic to it's OS 4.1. Supposedly this update has the best advanced heart beat algorithm ever! When can we expect the algorithm on the Blaze to be updated? They all use the same technology don't they?

Now it does seem like the Blaze was the forgotten Fitbit:

1. It was released around March of 2016

2. The last set of clock faces was released September 2016, https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/New-Blaze-Clock-Faces/td-p/1557514

3. The last firmware update was released September 2017, https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-Firmware-Release-17-8-402-1/m-p/2199748

4. The ionic was released September/October 2017.

5. All support of the Blaze stops after September of 2017

6. It's been 3 months since the ios 13 release date and the Blaze still continuously vibrates during a call. No news on a fix.

7. Fitbit community members have been on the forum begging for new clock faces and nothing

8. Feature requests for clock faces have been opened to which Fitbit changed the status to not planned.

It seems like the blaze was tossed aside to focus on trackers with the Fitbit OS. Am i wrong?  Its hard to see the Blaze as a supported tracker when nothing is fixed  and all customer support does is try to get you to buy a new one!

---------

Update: @JuanFitbit  I'm still doing a little research  and i came across some info regarding the fitbit one.  It appears the fitbit one was released September of 2012.  The last Firmware update was released 10/17/17.  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/One-Firmware-Release-Version-6-64/td-p/2253146. While its also consistent with the tracker no longer being supported due to the release of the ionic and Fitbit OS, it doesn't really clarify the short life expectancy on the blaze.  The Fitbit One was actively supported for 5 years! The Blaze received a set of new clock faces 6 months after being released and a final firmware release a year after the clock faces.  That's only about a year and a half  not the 5 that the one received! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please let me know how you got in touch with cx service because I need a refund. My account has been debited for a premium sub that I did not subscribe to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Hello Trevor,

I was wrongfully charged for a monthly subscription for premium when my free trail expired on Jan. 2nd and I haven’t subscribed again since. I will need a refund of $14.68 debited from my account in Oct. 12. 

Please confirm when that refund will be in my account! And do not debit my account again without my permission!! 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Need a refund, can you help with that? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BlueberryT  who is Trevor? You need to post in one thread and not all over the forums. It's easier to help you when your posts are all in one easy to read thread.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes