Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

What is the security bug that you're fixing? Other companies provide full details, often referencing CERT reports. Fitbit needs to be more forthcoming.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner - Thanks for reaching out. Check out this post for a bit more context on the security update. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this update address the issues with battery drain when all day sync is turned on? Does it address the issues with failure to sync? Perhaps more importantly, will it make these issues worse? 

Best Answer

Has anybody problems updating one on the i phone?

I can not sync anymore and when i try to update tracker i get error (com.fitbit.HTTP error0.)

What can i do to solve this problem?

Best Answer

My FitBit will not sync now to my phone since yesterday and the new update. Had to call FitBit last night to help with the update and syncing my steps.

i have done everything again twice. Turn Bluetooth off and on. Put FitBit in charger holding down for 12 seconds and turning it back on. The One is working just can’t get it to sync. FitBit app just says searching!

As far as the battery it is now lasting a little longer but only 2 or 3 days not a weeek.

Best Answer

I’m getting the same message. Have you had it resolved yet and if so, how do you do it?

Best Answer
No i have no solution ☹️☹️

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

isn't the whole point of a Fitbit device to monitor all this stuff in real time ?   between d/c the Fitbit One and this I am becoming a potential ex-FB customer. 

I love this device and that fact that once it dies I will look elsewhere,  

not everyone wants a wrist tracker,

Best Answer

Interesting. My email address was taken twice and I was told I’d be fast-tracked when the new update came out. I’ve received no email and no option to update app. ??

Best Answer

I am having trouble getting my iphone to recognize the One. It would not sync, so I deleted the device and now cannot add it again! Help!

Best Answer

@anghara wrote:

Does this update address the issues with battery drain when all day sync is turned on? Does it address the issues with failure to sync? Perhaps more importantly, will it make these issues worse? 

It does not address battery drain issues.  No better.  No worse. 

I don't think it addresses syncing issues, either, but that's harder to say definitively because there are so many causes for syncing issues.  In my case, the cause has almost always been that my One was already connected to my computer or iPad when I was trying to sync with my iPhone.  I deleted the app from my iPad and try to stay far away from my computer when I try to sync with my iPhone.  If it still won't sync then, turning Bluetooth off and back on, and then restarting the app gets it going again.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner -- if you turned it off you would still have "real time data tracking" on the screen of your One.  The update lets you turn it off the "real time" step increments you can see on the phone app screen if you like to look at that while walking.  Turning it off for the phone might be something you would want to save battery life.  But you certainly don't have to turn it off.  (And it probably won't make much of a difference anyway). 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@nyskier1 wrote:

I am having trouble getting my iphone to recognize the One. It would not sync, so I deleted the device and now cannot add it again! Help!

Make sure you have Bluetooth off on any other devices you have synced it with in the past, restart the phone, and then try adding again (sometimes helps to push the button on the One after you initiate adding new device from the app).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Hi Everyone - The update has only rolled out to a limited amount of users, so not everyone will have received notification of the update.

For those who are stuck in the firmware update, please try the troubleshoots below. 

1. Turn your tracker off and on again using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker?
  2. Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, reboot your mobile device and try the update again.
  3. Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, on a different mobile device or computer (if available) log into your Fitbit account and try updating your firmware.

@Skunky, @EthKait If you continue to see 'Issue level 0' there is a known issue with iOS devices, you can follow the progress in this post

@FitTXDC keep your eye out for the update. As mentioned, it's only rolled out to a limited amount of users at this time. 

@nyskier1 I see you were able to get back on track on your other post. That's great

@Baltoscott Thanks for your excellent input! 

Best Answer

I am having the same issues! Battery not lasting and now today it just stopped syncing during a walk. Very Frustrated! I have tried everything to get it to sync to my iPhone 6s. Nothing works. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just checked and my Fitbit One says version 6.60 when I just tried to restart it on the charger. So am I having these issues because I don't have the update (Version 6.64)?

Best Answer

I don't think that should be it, Cathy. I have NOT updated mine, being worried about these issues that have shown up after updates, and mine is still syncing OK. 

Best Answer

One not syncing today and app keeps prompting me to update......

do I have to update my tracker?

giving all the issues surrounding the device,  I am concerned that If I do, the One will not work at all. 

Best Answer

Mine won’t sync, display won’t show steps, battery drains almost immediately, and I have not yet been given the option to update to 6.64. 

Husband says fitbit is most likely doing this to force the sales of their other trackers. I suspect he’s right, but I don’t want a wrist tracker and don’t like the way fitbit has handled this at all. 

Best Answer