Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

There are two major issues affecting the Fitbit One since August:

- battery drain imho due to the Bluetooth connection kept "open but stuck" when doing continuous background sync. since an IOS app update in August. And unfortunately no way from Apple to revert back to the old version of the app that was working fine.

- a bug in the IOS app forcing regularly some users to re-login under some specific network configuration like hotel wifi hotspots

Then came the terrible news: Fitbit discontinues the One "but for support of existing devices". While there is no single alternative for people who do not want a wrists devices, it is like if Fitbit would stop serving them! So disappointed...

When seeing the announcement of a new firmware, I got hope that something was being fixed but the reports of users in this thread now indicates  that the upgrade may  kill completely the device ability to sync!

question: is there a single user successfully sync'ing after having uparaded to v6.64? I will do the maximum to stay away from the upgrade until I am reassured.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also would like to know how many people have updated successfully before I update my One, although I assume that those who don't run into any problems are less likely to be spending time in the Help forums.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

Hi, Julia. I would argue that Fitbit is not supporting the One right now. The recent firmware update broke the devices of many people and there is no support at all. The latest update to the Android app did nothing to correct the issue. 

Best Answer

My stairs recorded on the One were questionable so that isn't an important feature to me but each of us needs to find a style that works for us as individuals. Good luck finding a match

Best Answer
0 Votes

One was syncing fine this morning.  Had the time and updated to 6.64 from the iPhone app. Now, it will not sync from the phone or Fitbit Connect on the computer.  When through the restarts on the phone and One with no success.  The One shows 6.64 on the restart.  Removed the One from the app and tried to reconnect.  The phone attempts a connection but when I enter the four digit number displayed on the One into the app, I get an error "com.fitbit.HTTP error 0".  Fitbit Connect will see the One, but all I get on a sync from the computer is the error message, "Server appears to be busy at the moment"  This seems to be a reoccurring issue with Fitbit.  You'll see on other threads that their engineers are working on the issue.  It seems to me that the engineers are the problem.  If Fitbit recycles their engineers, I may not recycle this One.  After over four years with the One, three of them, I'm about done with Fitbit and their reoccurring sync issues that take too much time to fix.  I'll not be wearing any tracker of their trackers on my wrist.

Best Answer

@phv wrote:

When seeing the announcement of a new firmware, I got hope that something was being fixed but the reports of users in this thread now indicates  that the upgrade may  kill completely the device ability to sync!

question: is there a single user successfully sync'ing after having uparaded to v6.64? I will do the maximum to stay away from the upgrade until I am reassured.

@phv — Maybe that was a rhetorical question but I’ve upgraded to 6.64 and my one syncs with my iPhone 7.  IOS 11.0.3. When syncing with the phone I was having BT interference problems from my iPad on the previous firmware so I deleted the app from the iPad.  Still have to restart the phone sometime to sync after I use a different tracker for a while, and still have battery drain issue with all day sync on. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I’ve not yet been given the option to upgrade to 6.64 (even though being told I’d be one of the first).

Last I checked my battery drained within minutes, I have syncing issues, and no display on my One. 

Would someone please volunteer to work at fitbit for a day and get this fixed? I cannot believe they are still saying that “they’re investigating.” 

Best Answer

@Baltoscott thanks for the status report. the "BT interference" is imho a "stuck bluetooth connection preventing other devices to sync'. The FitBit IOS app August update has introduced this problem and imho this is also the root cause for the battery draining because the connection "never completes the sync" but takes energy to stay active.

By deleting the app from your former iPad, I believe you just don't notice the conflict but the issue is still there: the background sync of your iPhone 7 "never ends", locks the bluetooth connection and drains the battery. ...unless you force a manual connection from the same iPhone 7 device to complete sync. So now you have an easier life in identifying the "guilty device" (as you only have one: your iphone7, and not anymore the iPad with the fitbit app) but the problem of the connection lock remains imho unresolved.

Baltoscott wrote: 

@phv — Maybe that was a rhetorical question but I’ve upgraded to 6.64 and my one syncs with my iPhone 7.  IOS 11.0.3. When syncing with the phone I was having BT interference problems from my iPad on the previous firmware so I deleted the app from the iPad.  Still have to restart the phone sometime to sync after I use a different tracker for a while, and still have battery drain issue with all day sync on. 

Best Answer

I am in the exact same situation.  My One was at firmware 6.60, all functions are working as expected.  Then, update to 6.64 and lost the ability to sync with my Android phone.  After a few back and forth with tech support, I basically got the same "sorry, your One is out of warranty, here is 25% discount toward another Fitbit".  I am sure somewhere I agreed to some fine print (that I did not read) that this "it's out of warranty, its on me to know better not to update firmware".  It may well be that this 6.64 upgrade did not cripple my One.  Just some coincidence that it stop sync'ing for totally other unknown reason(s).  Yes, the may be the same coincidences that some One owners reporting this sync'ing issue.

Best Answer

I found my own cure to the Fitbit One firmware issue.  Rather than dropping $150 on a new Fitbit wrist based tracker that will end up being broken by Fitbit as they have done with my One.  Yesterday, I took that $150 and put it into an iWatch.  It works excellently with MyFitnessPal.  When my Aria dies, I'll be Fitbit free.

Best Answer

@Julia_G wrote:

@Seanaci, yes, the One has been discontinued.  However, there is no reason to throw it away if it is working and it suits your needs.  Fitbit will continue to support the One as long as people have devices.

So far, it's suited my needs fine and had no issues up until a couple days ago. I charge my One weekly and have NEVER run the battery to complete dead. But that is how I found it a couple days ago. Dead. That's part of the reason I found this forum anyhow. As I couldn't get it to sync because the app itself wasn't showing my battery in the red; it was showing still a partial/half charge. After finding this thread, I am now very afraid to update the firmware as it seems Android users are getting screwed with the update. 

And let's be honest here, even though there are still people out there with a One, the One will be low on the totem pole as far as keeping it updated and running well for those of us who continue to own it and use it. We're not stupid. Ultimately, FitBit is going to brick our Ones and FORCE us into buying a wrist-worn FitBit tracker that we really don't want. 

Best Answer

Thanks for having made this firmware announcement @KateFitbit. Much useful as we rearly want to take take care as much as we can of our precious existing One devices. 🙂

While several users are reporting unresolvable connectivity issues following the upgrade in this thread, could you confirm if there is a problem (in terms of ITIL definition) on which Fitbit engineers are asked to work? In which case, I guess  the firmware roll-out shall be stopped to avoid more incidents?

Or, in a positive note, do your server statistics indicates that the upgrade are going generally well for your first set of users ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife installed the firmware update in spite of our conversations about software problems, and she is not having any sync problems to her iPhone.

I will not install the firmware "upgrade" until I hear confirmation from Fitbit that it:

1. Won't brick my One.
  2. If it bricks my One anyway, they replace it with a working One (unlike those who have been told, "Too bad, your device is out of warranty, but here's 25% off a device you don't want."
  3. There is an app update that stops draining the One's battery—you know—like every version since August 2017 has been doing.
  4. Fitbit confirms that the latest firmware and software works seamlessly together like they did for years prior to Fitbit breaking everything in August.

Given Fitbit's track record lately, I'm not making any predictions on when that will happen.

Best Answer

On Android, it failed to update. So I Forced Killed the app on the phone and ran the update and it went through.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

On Android phone, it failed to update. So I Forced Killed the app on the phone and ran the update and it went through.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One is no longer working either. Says it has this firmware version, app says battery is fully charged but One says battery is low. Many times display will not turn on unless plugged into charger. When in charger it doesn't show the battery level like it used too as a solid battery it is more of a hash tag battery. What is going on all of a sudden? 

Best Answer

WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED!!! 

I have just got back from holiday, no steps track or sleep 

very unhappy 

Best Answer

Almost hate to say this, but since my Fitbit One updated I reloaded the app to my phone and almost all seems to be working correctly. There are just a few times each day that it doesn't sync right away, but other than that all seems to be going well. By the end of the day the sync is correct on both the phone and the computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my case, I also did a reinstall.  Still no sync function.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed now it says “Steps”, “Floors” etc before the actual numbers.   Is there a way to turn off these labels?   Takes longer to view things having to for through the labels first.

carl

Best Answer
0 Votes