Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399
Similar experience on my side: I suspect the firmware has a side effect of
incorrectly detecting the "full charge" for some devices.

The device immediately reports being "fully charged" after a few minutes
but then it does not last for more than 15'...
Right after the upgrade, which I did when really full charged, the device
was still operating correctly: this let me believe that the issue does not
relate to a hardware problem, nor to a rea.

In my case, I had purchase a new One device (there were still a few
expensive spare ones for sales on Amazon) which I decide not to upgrade. It
works perfectly.

Philippe
Best Answer
0 Votes
I received my One a year ago as a gift but I only set it up last April because I have a Charge HR which is what I use. When I set it up for the first time, I was prompted to update it's firmware which I did. I immediately got in touch with customer support and provided them details about the problems that I encountered with my One. CS immediately responded and within 24 hours shipped a new One for me. No problems since then 🙂 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
well bummer. I really liked the One. I was told they were no longer available... I’ve gotten the charge 2 since then but I liked the simplicity of the one. and it kept track of activities and my distance better. I don’t have a smart phone...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the One, too, but I think I'm done with fitbit completely after this firmware update just lost a week of data (it's all zero, even though my flower for today, a day I did 20,000 steps, is fully grown on the home screen.) It's so frustrating that it won't sync right and argh. I'm researching other clipon trackers that are not fitbit now. 😞

Best Answer

That “helpful article” isn’t helpful as it doesn’t actually tell you anything beyond choose your device for more information and the One isn’t in the selection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @TurtlesWorld, I am not sure what article you are referring to, but the One may not be there as, sadly, it has been discontinued by Fitbit.

Please let us know if we can help further.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I almost never use the FitBit app, so I just recently saw this update.  Now I've apparently rendered my One useless.  I've restarted the One, but I can't re-try the update because I'm not paired to anything.  If there is a workaround that works, let me know.  If I have that "paring dongle" thing, I've long since lost track of it.  BTW, none of the watch style fitbits fit my needs because they do nothing for me when on my bike.

Best Answer
As far as I'm aware there is no workaround that restores the ONE after it was been compromised. I was lucky enough to get a replacement.  For that I'm grateful. I love the ONE  and hope to have it functioning for a long time.
Best wishes.

Sent from Samsung tablet
Best Answer

I agree....no workaround.  I have a new one that FitBit sent me a while back that I refuse to update with the new firmware and I have my second original One sitting on my desk at home hoping beyond hope that FitBit will realize the error of their ways and fix this issue for all of us with a non-working One from the firmware upgrade!  Thinking that is never going to happen and believe the One is gone for good from FitBit's product line.  Like everyone here I don't understand this decision as many of us DO NOT want a wrist version for a variety of reasons!

Best Answer

Well, darn.  We use these for a program at work where we get insurance discounts if we get enough "points" and steps are one way to do that.  I'll make sure to let the other One users know to avoid the update.  Not very good customer support from FitBit to brick the device and not be able to fix it.  It still counts, but can't sync to anything.

Best Answer

Agreed! And as a longtime Fitbit user when Their update bricks their devices 25% in store is BS. Depending on the device you do that with it barely brings it down to what it costs at Sams/Costco with additional accessories and they’ll back it! 

My conpany also gives us points for being active which was the point of the Fitbit. They used to have awesome customer service and quality. Now they’re doing this crap!

Best Answer
Exactly. I am so not feeling that 
Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding One firmware version 6.64.

If you haven't done so already, please follow these troubleshooting steps if your tracker is not updating. Note that if non of those steps work the best thing to do is contacting customer support for further assistance.

If your tracker is not syncing properly, please follow these syncing troubleshooting steps to sort that out. 

Also, please check this thread about One Availability and Alternatives. As you may already know, One was discontinued. 

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Longtime One user and just opened up Fitbit app on my new phone and I see that it wants me to Update Tracker Software.   I never knew firmware updates existed.  I've never ever updated (to my knowledge), but I see in this thread that it seems automatic for some.   And worse, that battery draining problems and other problems can result.   My battery has not been lasting as long lately.  I thought it was because it was aging, but now I wonder if it is firmware.  I wonder if I should really update mine or leave it as-is.     App says my firmware is 6.46.  I am reluctant to upgrade in case it screws up seeing as the One is discontinued. 

What's in the updates and why should I update?  (sorry, did not read 20 pages of thread :-)!!!)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do not click on the down load firm Ware. 6.6.4 will destroy your Fitbit One. Good thing you researched before just downloading.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Thanks Mike!    Over the years, I have observed that the older the equipment the higher the risk.  I rarely upgrade anything!!!   Glad I checked here!  Esp since One is discontinued.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @gardengal4, I hope you're doing well! Thanks for posting your inquiries on this thread regarding One's firmware version 6.64. I'm glad you were able to find the Community useful on your research.

Please take a look at this helpful article if you want to check what the update includes.

@MikeKC I hope you're doping well too! Thanks for your help on this thread.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then how come mine has again stopped working, won't resync, and fitbit is no help. This last upgrade was just to force people to spend more $ on a new tracker!

Best Answer

@eandesmom Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One not syncing or working. Thanks for contacting customer support.

Did you updated successfully? Sometimes, this happens as a result of the firmware update not being completed. Try these steps to complete it.

You could also try these syncing troubleshooting steps to sort this out.

If non of that works for you, please follow up with the case you already have with customer support for them to further assistance. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes