Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399
They wanted to claim the warranty was over but the One was working fine
prior to the update. I insisted that the update broke it. I was able to
add and remove the One from my account asd see the firmware version and
battery life when plugged into the dongle when I pressed the button. I
guess the rep could view all of this from their side. They offered a
discount or a replacement. HTH

--

*Have a great day!Carol*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, they sent me a replacement, needless to say I won't be doing the update
on this one

Maddy Clark
Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the update on the Fitbit One.

Please take a look at the original post on this thread to check the updates associated with this firmware update. 

Also, please check the last update informing about issues after the update; stating it is a small percentage and that customer support is available for further help on this.

I see that customer support has helped other users in this thread. Please check the discussion being held as to resolution given by customer support. 

If you need me to help you contacting customer support; please let me know as I can help you with creating a case in your behalf for them to reach out to you via email.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not looking for a free Fitbit replacement but I am interested in a fix. I am also having trouble with my Fitbit One since the update. It won't track correctly, I've attempted to reset, connected to my computer with the dongle, re-started my phone and it has never been wet or mishandled. But now when I press the button it gives me the FITBIT 6.64 message and won't sync OR tack steps appropriately. Is there anything that can be done? I'm also wondering if my Aria scale might be affected with this update but I haven't tried it since the update. Is there going to be another update, if so, will that fix it, and how long will it be until that happens? I'm my 3rd Fitbit One but this issue was definitely not my fault (I accidentally washed the last 2.. oops).  

Best Answer
I am afraid there won't be any further fix. FitBit maintains the upgraded is needed to resolve security issues. There are reported cases of the update "bricking the device" but this is apparently considered as a normal and marginal number of cases. If you contact the support they will either offer you a rebate for a new device (thus not a One) or a replacement device (if you were still under guarantee). My old device was in appearance ok after the upgrade but when I had to charge it a week later it stopped charging properly: the issue could not be correlated with the upgrade with certainty so I got nothing. As I am still fan of the One, I managed to purchase a new replacement device that was still on stock in a third-party Amazon reseller (but 50% more expensive than it used to be). Due to the bad experience I had with the upgrade, I am staying away from the upgrade: the new device works perfectly and I accept the security risk as I guess the security issue cannot do much more than "stealing my step counts" when in vicinity. Who would care?
Best Answer

Hi cathy Did you receive an answer on your battery drain? my one syncs just fine but the battery drains quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. I’m not Cathy.
My name is Char. I contacted you about my Fitbit One for a different issue. My Fitbit won’t keep track of steps, won’t sync properly and, at times, deducts steps. I’ll start my day and look at my device and it’ll show +1400 steps. When I open my app it’ll say 435 steps and then when I look at my device it’ll be down to 137 steps. Then when I re-start my app, device and phone it will still only show 137 steps.
Not sure what more I can do but it’s frustrating. This is my 3rd Fitbit and I love it so I won’t even start with the empty threat of ‘I’ll never buy another Fitbit’. I have an Apple Watch so I can use that but I prefer the Fitbit One. It offers options that I prefer.
If you have any options or fixes I’d love to hear them!
Thank you,
Char
Best Answer

hi was on with tech. support this morning, to no avail we did not fix my issue. as I said to them my battery life won't hold. my ONE is a version 6.60 . while battery is holding I sync just fine until today now my ONE goes blank or stays on a single label like i.e Steps I can not scroll through to i.e Calories.  I only have it connected to my pc. So I am wondering if anyone can help me to get my battery life to hold.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, there is no fix once you accept the 6.64 upgrade.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
So why do you keep having all these upgrades that do nothing but destroy
the use of the fitbit one unless you are doing it on purpose trying to get
people to switch over to another of your products. All you are doing is
making people angry with you and your product and think it must be time to
find another...

Dottie
Best Answer

Fitbit one wont power on after updatong to 6.64 firmaware. Tried the troubleshooting tips recommended but to no avail. Screen dislays full bar and the firmware 6.64 when plugged in to charger but once removed from the charger, it doesn't power on. Help please! 

Best Answer

I had exactly the same. After the upgrade (performed after after full charge and with device still plugged), everything looked fine initially but when I needed to charge for the first time about a week later it was quickly reporting "full bar" and was barely able to work for a few hours or minutes.

As the device was out if guarantee period, and as Fitbit support could not be sure it was related to the upgrade (yep, pure coincidence exist sometime for good reasons even if they are hard to believe for end users) the only option left was to purchase a new device.... 😕 of course this is not easy as the One is not on sale anymore (you have to look for third party vendors having still some stock).

good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do not understand how with each update there are so many issues but they
claim, just coincidence. I think they are doing this on purpose to get rid
of the One and get us switched over to something else.

No going to happen. Don’t want to continue doing business with a company
that does this...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you offer a service where we could send the device in for repair? I’m willing to send mine in if you do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding Fitbit One's latest firmware release.

Please check this post to get the information regarding the latest firmware version for One.

If you are experiencing any syncing issues, I'd recommend checking the steps on this helpful article.

If you keep experiencing trouble after doing this, the best thing to do is to contact customer support for further assistance. As there is no repair services, contacting support is the best option.

If you would like me to create a case for you with customer support, let me know! 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received the replacement that Fitbit sent me after getting in touch with their customer support. They promptly replied and shipped the replacement within 24 hours. My new One is working fine with the upgrade. Happy now😊

Best Answer

@fabgoals It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with Fitbit's customer support. They are surely great! 

I'm also glad to see that your new One is working properly and that you are back on track.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

how old was your One. I've had mine glitch free almost 3 years. got it july 2015. This latest upgrade has my fitbit one not working. best offer i got was 25% off a  new device. they don't even offer the one anymore. How did you get a new One???

Best Answer
0 Votes
I talked to customer service and someone on staff saw my issue and offered me a new ONE. That was last fall. They are helpful, but be persistent. Best wishes. 
DancerLynn

Sent from Samsung tablet
Best Answer
0 Votes
My One was probably 4 years old before the update that caused it to malfunction. I wasn’t the person on this thread who got a new discounted device. Instead of getting a Fitbit, that in my opinion did not track as well as the One and cost a lot more, I opted for an Apple Watch. Works great. Good bye to Fitbit.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer