Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

The update broke my fitbit One.  It won't restart, and it is frozen and won't track anything new, the time isn't even accurate.  The screen won't stay on, and when I press the button nothing happens, if I press and hold for 2 seconds it says "Fitbit 6.64" but it still won't track anything.  It will sync to my phone app, but it won't track anything.  I've tried updating my phone and the fitbit app, restarting my phone, restarting the fitbit, unpairing and repairing the One and nothing works.  Customer service didn't try to fix the problem of the One not restarting when I try to restart it, and I see online and know someone who was offered a replacement One when their device was out of warranty, but customer service on the phone insists the company cannot and does not offer replacement One devices.  I want to undo the 6.64 update that broke my perfectly working device, is there some way to fix this problem??? I love my One and it's the only fitbit device I want. 

Best Answer
which phone? IOS?

if you have windows, try installing the app. it now has ability to turn on
the USB thingy to sync. maybe it will also track the activity...shrugs, but
if you have restarted the One then not much else to do.
Best Answer
0 Votes
When I did the online chat with Fitbit to see if they could fix my problem
of the update disabling my Fitbit One they only offered me a discount on a
new one. When I spoke to customer service we went through the same process
to try and fix it and when that didn't work he said he would send me a
replacement One, which he did. Needless to say I won't be doing the update!
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
I loved my One also and would use it again if Fitbit would take it back to the version before the problem “upgrade.” I did not purchase another Fitbit device and will discontinue telling others how wonderful Fitbit is. My son has a charge2, but it isn’t nearly as accurate as my One was. I did buy an Apple Watch and I love it! Tracks steps, heart rate, exercise, active minutes, etc., plus I can answer calls, get texts and more. Yes, I wear on my wrist. If I can’t have my One and have to wear something on my wrist, I’ll switch to my Apple product. I get a lot more for my investment.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

There’s a moderator on this forum who will send you a replacement @KateFitbit.

I wonder why the company doesn’t pull the update off the shelf because while there must be some happy customers, there are also so many who aren’t. A statement release to acknowledge the problem would also be welcome. 

Best Answer

@CaitlinFB Hi there, I mention in the OP the updates associated with the firmware update, including an important security update. While there have been some who have experienced issues after the update, it's a small percentage and our support team is available to help those users find a resolution. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@KateFitbit I am one of the small percentage and I am very unhappy with the support team and they have been extremely unhelpful.  Is there someone else I can talk to about troubleshooting who isn't just reading off a computer script from a call center?  If possible I would buy another One if there are any supplies left, but I have a been a loyal customer and vocal advocate for fitbit products to others, and this experience has very much changed my mind negatively about this company.  If I can't get any assistance on fixing or replacing my One tracker, then I won't be buying anything else from fitbit and I will be telling everyone I know how terrible the customer service has been, and that fitbit is writing off customers with older devices and ignoring the fact that fitbit firmware updates break their own devices.

Best Answer

I have to admit, I’m gradually moving away from the Fitbit to the Apple Watch.

Apps are now available that will do the same thing as the Fitbit with more relevant information. 

I’m doing this because of the ‘accidental’ or ‘on purpose’ stance taken with the One (which I really
really liked) and the attitude of the support team.  Because there seemed to be no concern or even bother to tell us users what is/was going on with the future of the One, it makes me wonder just what will happen to the other well loved older models.  Will Fitbit decide to just jerk support away after making the device unusable with a hack? or a so-called software update?

I started out with the Fitbit older One and have tried more than one Zip, the new One and currently have the Alta.

Maybe I just like the Apple eco system…. whatever the case, I'm done with the frustration.

Good luck Fitbit users!
Best Answer

WRT purchasing another One, if you are seriously considering it you can check for local availability at retailers that carry Fitbit products. My in-law picked one up for me at her local Bed, Bath & Beyond, which still had some of this model in stock just 4 days ago. 

Other than that, yes my One is brand new, with the 6.64 firmware, and pairing/detecting/syncing has been quite erratic. It wouldn't pair with the bluetooth on my desktop at all, in fact it wasn't even detected by either device for a day after the initial setup, but it did finally sync again when the Fitbit dongle was inserted in the PC. It still has periods where it remains undetected or unable to sync for hours at a time each day. Adding to the annoyance factor is Android 6 in my phone also forcing me to have to turn on the GPS before it will detect or sync with the tracker. 

Best Answer
have you set the fitbit app to use the dongle?

[image: Inline image 1]
Best Answer
0 Votes

have you set the fitbit app to use the dongle?Capture.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I use the dongle to charge every week. No problems. Also, set your phone to not automatically update Fitbit app.

Get organized with Yahoo Mail
Best Answer
0 Votes
Always

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I did eventually use the Fitbit dongle on the PC because the One simply wasn't being detected by the normal Bluetooth and it couldn't be paired. I prefer to sync with the app in my Android phone though, because it is always on and always with me. Seems that the key to getting the app in the Android phone to sync is to have the GPS turned on. Once a number satellites are detected the Fitbit app syncs almost immediately. 

I noticed today, just testing features, that the Fitbit app in my Windows 10 on the PC would not log an exercise without Location access being turned on. Personally I resent that intrusion into my privacy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the 6.64 update my Fitbit One will only display battery level, update 6.64 and noting else!!  WHY?  We need to be able to go back to the previous version.  Why have you left so many of us in this predicament? Fix 6.64 or give us a link to the previous software.

Best Answer
I ended up giving up. Got an upgrade. That's what the update was meant to do in my opinion. 
Best Answer

Mine did the same thing and everyone refused to help, they are basically pulling support for the Fitbit One without officially announcing or admitting that to anyone.

Best Answer
They are sending a replacement

--

*Have a great day!Carol*
Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you contact them to get a replacement?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes