Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

Complain to Fitbit for damaging the utility of a product you bought; demand that they make good your loss without expense to you (they typically off a discount on a different product). If you persist, they may send you a replacement - if they have any left.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apple has just been "outed" for making their OS updates degrade slightly older IPhones...a supposed effort to force iPhone owners to upgrade before they want to.  The new OS makes the older phones run poorly, and slowly, and battery life also appeared to be affected.  Apple is accused of doing this deliberately.  Same thing with Fitbit and the One???

Best Answer

The reverse is true. The phones were slowed down because the battery life was poor on an older phone, thus allowing them to keep operating longer on a battery which is holding less charge. It is in effect extending the life of an older device, not shortening the life of an older device.

That being said, their communication on the issue royally sucks.

I don't suspect Fitbit of destroying Ones on purpose, either - and many folks have probably upgraded without issue, some of whom have shared that fact in this thread. I do suspect them of having a flaky update and/or update delivery system and having little incentive or care to fix the mistake. But that goes back to the battery charge/autosync issue linked to the iOS app update from August which is still not fixed afaik, and affected more models than just the One - some of which are still in production. More likely this is related to changes in corporate structure/understaffing/poor financial results/etc.

Best Answer
apple did it to try to give MORE battery life to batteries that were at
EOL. get your facts straight!
Best Answer
That seems to be the case with Apple- same crap- I refuse to purchase a new fit bit & will drop my IPhone if need be- as it stands...the news stated u can purchase a new battery for $23 after the new year.😖

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Firmware 6.64 is what broke my Ftibit One.  It says my battery is low, but when I connect it to the charger, the display says it's full.  If I let it charge for 8 hours, I can't even get through a 6 hour night sleep without it powering off.

I think Fitbit should replace all the One's for free or fix their firmware, regardless if they are discontinueing the One or not.

Best Answer
yup they should....but they wont!
Best Answer

I have the same problem, wish I hadn't updated, now doesn't switch on even though fully charged

Best Answer
Wondering what type of phone/computer system u work with. I have Apple - my boss has windows & her Fitbit updated & works fine. 🤔

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Mine was working fine initially ...until I had to charge it for the first
time after upgrading. The charge was declared very soon as "completed" but
the device could not run for a day. It eventually became unusable.

II have an intimate believe that it was somehow "due to the update". But it
could still have been a pure coincidence, as the device was had a couple of
years.

I purchased a new Once device (expensive as it is not manufactured anymore)
and up to now, I didn't upgraded. It last more than 2 weeks with a charge,
without a problem. I will eventually upgrade some day but I want first to
get more confidence e.g. out of this forum. In that resect, your post don't
help me to gain trust in the upgrade.

Philippe
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have windows, android and IOS (ipad)
I have One on the desktop, using the fitbit app, ipad to use with the
fitbit flex 2. (it will only hold a charge for 3 days) i used to use
android for One but deleted the app when it appeared the One would not
sync. I have now discovered the windows 10 fitbit app will not sync the
One now.... it used to as of monday but cant on tuesday through today.
(EYEROLL)
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just discovered, using windows 10 desktop fitbit app, that i can now sync One but i have to
1. click on the One icon
2. scroll down and click on "advanced settings"
3. click on "fitbit connect classic mode" (force sync with dongle)

Inline image 1
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well. my Fitbit One seems to be behaving. for now. Although I didn't change
anything, it's been working fine the past few days. So, for those of you
with Fitbit Ones acting up, maybe just wait a bit longer before giving
throwing them out.

Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@bb14logic wrote:
I just discovered, using windows 10 desktop fitbit app, that i can now sync One but i have to
1. click on the One icon
2. scroll down and click on "advanced settings"
3. click on "fitbit connect classic mode" (force sync with dongle)

Inline image 1

If your Windows Pc has bluetooth on, you may find you can get it to sync without the dongle by resetting your One (this won't lose any data). 

To reset it, plug it into the charger, press and hold the One button for 10-12 seconds, remove it from the charger and press the button until the display comes on. 

I recently had to do this to start syncing again when my One just stopped syncing for no apparent reason. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
yes, i know about that....and tried to use it but to no avail..(it has
worked in the past though, shrugs) it wouldnt update. using the dongle
again and making it active in the windows 10 app did sync the One by making
fitbit One connect via classic mode.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi they're sending me a replacement Fitbit

Maddy Clark
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you manage that maddie you must be really pleased, does your battery drain really quickly ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Battery was fine, it was the update which disabled it. They offered me 50%
off a new one or send me a new Fitbit One

Maddy Clark
Best Answer

Tanks @Madders for your testimonial. At least, your statement correlates with my own experience. Unfortunately your discount won't apply on the One as it is not on sales anymore.

Did Fitbit use the possibility to do large scale queries on its servers to diagnose by statistics the 6.64 firmware impact on the battery capacity for One devices? If a problem would be confirmed, I really hope the team will still be allowed to work on a further firmware upgrade to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi , My new Fitbit One is arriving tomorrow, I didn't have to pay for it.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes