Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

I'm now on day 9 since my last charge.  I checked and the battery meter has finally gone down to about 1/3 charged.  Still no "low battery" email.  One thing that in addition to the multiple Fitbit App updates I did over the last few weeks, just before I did my last charge on Friday Dec. 1st (overnight charge just to be sure it was well charged), I went into my iPhone app and turned off the continuous or auto sync button.  That didn't inconvenience me much because I have never cared about that...when I want to know how many steps etc. I have during a day, which may only be once or twice at most, if at all, I just open the app and it will then sync that one time and I can see the reading on the app.  I always do a final sync before midnight each day for my totals.  In any case, I can't say for sure, but perhaps turning off the continuous sync has had something to do with the suddenly "back to normal" behavior of my One's battery.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re very fortunate not to have had the troubles so many of us have had.

I checked my iPhone fitbit updates and have not had a single one since November 27th. The actual update that wreaked havoc on my One was featured as an option directly on my Fitbit app and I can’t recall the date I finally updated it. It certainly was around that time.If only I’d ignored it!

Ive tried the very same solutions and advice as you provided the past few weeks. Nothing works. I was quite excited as one day, after charging it for 24 hrs, I go to almost a full 12 hrs from it, but now it won’t charge at all. 

Consider yourself one lucky person to have avoided the problem so many of us have! May you remain bug-free!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nov. 27 was my last update on the app as well.  I certainly can't explain why things are going swimmingly well at the moment...but I did go through a period where my One was lasting a day at best, and going completely dead suddenly with no warning.  I initially thought that perhaps my Fitbit battery had reached the end of its life and would need to be replaced.  I was going to call Fitbit but I didn't think they would do anything since I was so long out of warranty.  That's when I found out about all the issues.  And as I mentioned a number of days ago, I had app problems as well, and every time I opened the app I had to sign in again, which had never happened before.  Hopefully the way things are going right now will continue, but beyond the things I've mentioned doing as I tried to reconstruct events as I remembered them, I can't explain any of it. I do wish Fitbit would take an active interest in resolving this and letting everyone know what is going on as it seems there are a variety of experiences out there with this firmware update.  As for choosing some option on the app itself, I don't recall ever doing anything from there.  I see app updates in the app store so I just download the updates, nothing more than that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I emailed Fitbit about the abandonment of the One, and got their reply today.  It's a canned response and they didn't address the issues I brought up in my email.  They mentioned that they like to "streamline their offerings."  They streamlined the stair counter right out, yet they suggest the Zip, which doesn't could flights of stairs.  I specifically mentioned stairs, too.  Clearly they don't want to directly discuss this.  

Thanks for reaching out. 

We appreciate your time and effort in contacting us.

Upon checking, indeed, you've been a Fitbit One user since January last year. Thanks for your loyalty to Fitbit.

Although Fitbit One is a popular product, we are always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products, which are coming this year. Fitbit One is no longer available on Fitbit.com and retail partners.

If you're looking for a new device, we recommend considering the other options we offer—Fitbit Zip if you prefer a clip-based device or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim device and you may used it as a pendant. See this link: https://www.fitbit.com/shop/accessories/flex2-pendant?color=stainless-steel or this link: https://www.fitbit.com/shop/accessories/flex2-pendant?color=22k-gold-plated

You can learn more about these devices and the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Leonel M. and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow - that says it all - not sure what I am going to do - probably not purchase a Fitbit product as I am livid that they just killed the One - weird thing is my manager’s One still works?? She does not have an Apple phone - not sure if that has something to do with it either

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on day 5 with the used One that I bought on eBay. I haven't charged yet and the battery shows as medium. This is the way it's supposed to be and was until the 6.64 firmware update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, for what it's worth, my One seems to be back to normal.  My overnight charge the night of Friday, Dec. 1 lasted until Monday the 11th (9 days of use), when the battery looked pretty low so I decided to charge it even though I hadn't received any "low battery" emails.  I think that's pretty much how it used to perform before the firmware update.  And I AM on v. 6.64.  The whole thing is quite a puzzle, but there do seem to have been some things done to fix the problem, at least for users of iPhones.  It has to have been the app updates that smoothed things out.  The only other thing I did which I hadn't done for ages was to put the One on the charger cord and turn it entirely off for a few minutes, then I turned it back on and charged it overnight.  I also read about cleaning the battery contacts both on the One and on the charger (instructions are somewhere on the web page for the One).  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I’ve tried all that and the minute I take my tracker out of the charger, it’s dead even though it says battery full. 

I will try it again, but I think it’s a goner.

Best Answer

I noticed another Fitbit App update in the app store yesterday.  I'm almost afraid to get it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having nothing but issues with my Fitbit One since taking the 6.64 update and it looks like I'm not the only one. I will not be buying anymore Fitbit products after this so if they were trying to get me to upgrade to a new device their plan appears to have backfired, lol.

Best Answer
Same here. I did the upgrade and it was not working as well as the one so I
returned it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your name says it all. I'm ready to move over to Fenix watches as well. The One on 6.64 is no longer a steady reliable tracker and now that Fitbit has apparently discontinued the One, I'm ready to move to a more stable platform. Used to be a great little device. Now half the time it won't even light up the display when I press the little button. 

Best Answer

Since the update to 6.64 my battery only lasts a few hours, if that.  I have had my One for 3+ years and have never had an issue with the battery. Usually I get over 6 days of use out of a full charge but now it only lasts a few hours.  I really feel that this update was designed to kill off the One and all users must upgrade to continue using it.  Fitbit this really sucks because I love my One and unfortunately there is no way to roll back this update or reset the One to get better charge results.. I may have to leave fitbit after 5 years of being a customer.  

Best Answer

This is all so weird, there doesn't seem to be any common thread to battery life.  My One battery is lasting perhaps better than it ever has:  I just put it on the charger today, although it wasn't entirely drained yet and I hadn't had any "low battery" emails.  This was Day 11 since my previous charge, too.  Yet when I first came to these forums a month and a half ago to try and find out what might be going on, my One was not holding a charge for more than a day or two, and it would go entirely dead very suddenly.  All I have done is 1)  clean the contacts on the charger and the One   2)  Totally turn it off and then back on, maybe a couple of times for that restart   3)  Get every single Fitbit App update that came out.  There was another one a couple of days ago, but prior to that, it seems like there was a couple of updates that seemed to change things for my One.  As I've said before, there have been a LOT of App updates.  Fitbit didn't email me about them, I only knew about them because I would see an alert in my App store app, so I'd go look to see what needed updating.  In any case, my nearly two year old One is working perfectly again, and the battery doesn't seem to be shot as I'd originally thought was the case.  

Best Answer
are these updated apps from the google store or apple store? or is it for
windows 10 desktop?
my experience is similar to yours, although I have not achieved 11 days...
even before this disaster I only got 6 days max. i am now getting about 3
maybe 4 days...i charge it up when i see it is getting low 😉
Best Answer
I have already decided to leave Fitbit - the One was perfect for all my activities- really 🙁 bummed

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for having shared your experience. I also experimented a sudden drop if battery after the upgrade. Actually not right after the upgrade but at the time of the first charge: with v6.64, it seems my device believes it was fully charged in a few minutes but wasn’t able to keep power for a single day.

I decided to purchase a brand new One (amazon.fr market was proposing new devices for about twice the price it used to be before manufacturing stop). My first charge for the ne device lasted for 14 days (with 6.60 as I am not (yet) considering doing the v6.64 upgrade following my experience and forum reports)

Best Answer

I've been a Fitbit One user for perhaps 3 years.  Never a serious problem until update 6.64 was installed with problems just happening since Dec. 26.  Now I either get a blank screen when I push the button, or when statistics do appear, no activity appears to be have been recorded during the period when the Fitbit was unresponsive. 

I'm a fan of the Fitbit One because I can put in in my pocket without a 'clip' attached.  Does Fitbit have a similar replacement product?

I have absolutely zero interest in buying a Fitbit watch, pendant, or something with a clip for which the clip cannot be detached.

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat.

Updated to 6,64 and since then, all I can get from the fitbit is "6.64" and a full battery indicator.

It's copmpletely dead/useless - just because I updated to 6.64.

Is it possible to downgrade to 6.60? So I can use it again?

Best Answer
short answer is

NO!

otherwise we all would have done it by now 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes