Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

@Cullzer

I experience the same since I upgraded to firmware v6.64.

The official message I got from the support is that there was a single issue related to the IOS app and that they are looking for a fix but there is no confirmed date from engineering yet. Although I recognize that issue (the battery life being much shorter since the August 2017 fitbit app release and/or parallel IOS updates), I am absolutely convinced there is another cause. I have a tendency to suspect that the firware has a different algorithm to detect when battery is full or empty and that the window for the measured battery values are very narrox. The "battery charge %" notion became nearly "a boolean" according to my experience (the device pretend it is charge in 5' but even if you let it charge for the night it can not last for a day) This is leading, as you report, to <24hours autonomy.

If I managed to get a replacement device, as I thought it was promised by support, or if I manage to find one One device still on sales, I would personally resist from upgrading the firmware until the forums clearly report the battery draing issue solved.

I regret to have done the upgrade, even if the operation was at first glance "successful".

Best Answer

I have an iPhone and have had the same problem.  Wasn't even aware of an update.  Finally had live chat on my mac, but didn't get anywhere.  Had to end conversation, as it was taking too long.  guess I'll have to recontact them and see what to do.  Fitbit one showing a full battery (only sometimes when plugged to charger), other times shows a 6.64, other times will show nothing.  Not sure what to do

Best Answer

Everyone here on this forum should repeatedly CALL Fitbit's customer service number to complain and express how they feel about the demise of the One and give information about when the problem started.  And we should also dispute the firmware update cause as they are stating it, which doesn't appear to be the whole story.  The weird thing is that my One appears to be updated to 6.64, but I don't remember ever doing  it so I can't fathom how it got updated.  I download the app updates regularly, however.  My battery life isn't as bad as that of many on this forum, however, and my last charge was an overnight charge that I did Friday night, so it has been working fine as of Saturday morning to now and it's still fine today so that's 3 days so far.  Last week I did turn off the auto sync feature on my iphone and I manually open the app in the evening before the midnight reset time and occasionally a couple of other times during the day.  

Best Answer

@CMCM I also was happy at first glance after the upgrade but my last "full charge" was done before the upgrade milestone. My problem popped up for subsequent charges that are immediately reporte as "completed" but do not lat for even a single day ;(

It could be a pure coincidence but I don't believe in it. I am 99% convinced it si a firmware issue or side-effect, leading to a software problem. I don't believe the battery could suddenly and brutal downgrade its performance that much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lnwink Indeed, many of us are "Not sure what to do."

I see various options:

- get a replacement device from fitbit support if you are covered by guarantee and can provide evidence  of your issues. Their commercial attitude is usually outstanding. Much more difficult of course if you are (as I am) out of guarantee, despite the high probablity that the new issues may be coming from the firmware update. 

- stop the "self me" addition: get a cure and stop using fitbits and similar devices ;(

- purchase a One devices on alternative sellers who are still supplying their stock. And don't upgrade firmware. And don't use IOS app anymore. Synchronize only from time to time from FitBit Connect.

- keep monitoring/contributing constructively to forums

- buy another wrist-based fitbit device

I am trying all options (the second one being the last resort options, hopefully not needed. The wrist-based device is really a "no go" in my case, in particular if the device heartrate-monitoring features are proprietar and not recognised in any third-party IOS app like Endomondo etc.) So I put the focus/effort on all the other resolution paths, the "One as it used to work" remaining my absolute favorite choice.

Best Answer

I've been trying to remember the sequence of events for me.  I got a new iPhone in early November, and I think my battery drain issues showed up soon after.  I remember there was a period of time where I kept having to log in over and over with the app, although that seems to have ended.  One thing is for sure:  There have been a LOT of app updates and as soon as I see one, I always download it.  At this point, the battery life doesn't seem to be as long as it was for the first 20 months I had the One....I used to get well over a week on a charge.  But after a period of really fast battery drains a couple of weeks ago, now I am thinking things have improved a bit.  Perhaps this is related to the App and that would account for all the updates on the App.  It's all rather puzzling, but when I looked on other forums and other Fitbit devices, it does seem like IOS 11.x upset things with a lot of devices, not just the One.  Maybe it was a combination of Fitbit firmware update + IOS 11 update (and other brand devices as well) + App needing updating.  I can certainly see an IOS update wreaking havoc on other devices/software etc. because that has always been the case with my computer system updates.

Best Answer

I have tried to get my fitbit one to work.I have tried on Nexus 7, Android phone, windows 8.1 and windows 10. The results are the same the final connection to link it to the fitbit.com does not link. On my windows 10 I got a  message , Not able to connection  to fitbit.com. I asked about an update for 6.64 to fix the connection issue and the support person said their are no plans to  do a firmware update to fix this issue.

The last email said we gave you a discount for a new fitbit product. It was a wrist unit and I had to constantly delete and reconnect it to bluetooth. Fitbit is now saying they have done all they can. I would rather use my One the goto a different tracker.

So I guess I will go for a Misfit. It can be carried in a pocket or wrist. And for the ladies it can be carried in your bra as the one can. The drawback is it has no screen but syncs well with android phones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WJF@VObie95 I went ahead and created a support case, someone from our support team should contact you soon. 

@SunsetRunner I'm not certain what tracker you are trying to troubleshoot, but our support team is available to assist if you encounter any issues updating your firmware or any other issues you are experiencing. 

@Cullzer, @CMCM, @CSM123, @WalkinONE Sorry to hear about your battery drain. Please continue to follow this thread for updates. 

@CMCM, @SunsetRunner, @janel There are no current plans for another firmware update to correct One battery drain. We are working on an update to the iOS (Apple) Fitbit app to help resolve the issue. It's an issue with the Fitbit app for iOS and not Apple, our team is working on a fix as mentioned above. 

@lnwink hopefully restarting your tracker will resolve the issue. 

@MikeKC I created a case for your Android battery drain, someone from our support team will be reaching out shortly. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

where do you see what version number is for the app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The release number will show when you place the One in it's charger, then turn it off, by holding the button for 12 seconds. Wait a couple seconds then push the button to start. The number will show.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
yes, i know that firmware version...but I was wondering what version number
there is for the app...if there is one

i read the app was updated? or something...so I was curious as to how
fitbit updates the app and what version it is...
Best Answer
0 Votes
@CondadC If you are searching for Fitbit data integration with Apple HealthKit, it is indeed not natively supported but there are third party solutions. I am personally using a cheap app from http://syncsolver.com and it works fine
Best Answer
0 Votes
On the display screen. Fitbit has agreed to send me a new Fitbit one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a used One on Ebay. It was delivered today and set up easily on my phone. I have an android device. I've been experiencing sever battery drain since mid November when the latest Firm ware was pushed. The new/used one had firmware version 6.60, the version before the disastrous 6.64. i will not be accepting the 6.64 update. I'll post an update when I know more, hopefully in a couple days.

Best Answer

@MikeKC wrote:

I bought a used One on Ebay. It was delivered today and set up easily on my phone. I have an android device. I've been experiencing sever battery drain since mid November when the latest Firm ware was pushed. The new/used one had firmware version 6.60, the version before the disastrous 6.64. i will not be accepting the 6.64 update. I'll post an update when I know more, hopefully in a couple days.

I received a replacement from Fitbit also with firmware version 6.60. I too will not be accepting the 6.64 update, although there doesn't seem to be a way of turning off the update nags.

Best Answer

I’m so glad you have a replacement One! I so wish I’d checked these forums before updating. Mine’s a goner. I contacted Customer Service but was NOT offered a replacement, and only 25% discount towards the wrist models, and I can’t afford them, nor do I want them. I contemplated ordering the Zip, but I see that since it’s most recent update, the battery drains quickly too, and there’s the added expense of purchasing them.

The One renewed my love of fitness and goals! A little friendly competition with the challenges. I just can’t believe how very sad I feel!

Hang on to your Ones and don’t son the updates!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After many hours on the phone requesting big box stores to check their inventory, I may have located a One! 

So if and when it arrives, how do I prevent it from updating to that dreaded update that rendered my old One useless? I don’t want to take any chances. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

First, ensure that you have firmware version 6.60. then never hit the red download button. Also, there are a number of used Fitbit Ones available on Ebay. I bought two, just to be on the safe side. Both are in great condition.

Best Answer
when it asks do you want to update the firmware, just say no or do not do
anything... i forget if you have to say no though...
Best Answer
0 Votes
The safest is probably to wait for enough successful reports from the
forums and to proceed wit an upgrade under safe conditions (device fully
charged, bluetooth/wifi connectivity guaranteed, time to keep it running
foreground).

Alternatively, as suggested by the other posts, "don't click on the red
button, not on the confirmation dialog that is still needed afterward". But
then there is of course a risk to "click on it by accident", ...which is
maybe higher risk than to proceed in a planned way.

My two former upgrade attempts (one from IOS 10, from IOS 11) were both
successful in appearance but the main device suffered from a drastic
battery lifetime degradation right after it (actually 4 days later, when
having to do the first care). It could very well be a pure coincidence, but
I perceived it as "related to he firmware" as the device quickly became
unusable (battery off after 5') although t was working fine before.

Now I am equipped with a new device and I'll keep it running for a while
under v6.60

Philippe
Best Answer
0 Votes