Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

Hi, @CSM123, the labels reappear after a restart and they will go away again after a few days.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I've been a Fitbit One user for 2 years, and this firmware update has completely changed my view on Fitbit. My device no longer syncs, unable to pair, unable to update. I've tried every suggestion to resolve and no success. 

Best Answer

Can the One be downgraded to 6.60?  For me, everything was fine at that version.  I don't see a way to do this, plus my One no longer syncs so not sure if this is even possible at this point.

Best Answer

@Stouff wrote:

My One is no longer working either. Says it has this firmware version, app says battery is fully charged but One says battery is low. Many times display will not turn on unless plugged into charger. When in charger it doesn't show the battery level like it used too as a solid battery it is more of a hash tag battery. What is going on all of a sudden? 

@Stouff -- your battery is dead (it says full on your app because it was full the last time it synced).  Plug in and try restarting it:

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

Restart it two or three times and then let it charge to full.  (If the battery is too low to restart let it charge for 30 minutes and then try.  Check connections, cables, etc. to make sure it is getting a charge).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
i have done this reset MANY times and the One is still not charging so not
sure what else to try at this point. Very disappointed to not have this
working now.

Laura
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sadly, this did not correct my issues with the One

Laura
Best Answer
0 Votes

The only thing I can think of in addition to what you have done, that I did, is to delete the One from my computer and my phone and then reload them and let them sync. Not sure if this will hurt or help, but my One works most of the time. Still several times throughout the day my phone can't find my One.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sadly, I already tried that…a few times.

Shelly
Best Answer
Me too, mk101975. Fitbit one is a lost cause. This has completely changed my view on Fitbit. I went online and couldn’t find anything that really peaked my interest.
What a huge disappointment!

Shelly
Best Answer
Not sure why you “would hate to say this”. I would be thrilled!

Shelly
Best Answer
Completely agree. Have tried all things I can find to make my One work
again to no avail. Very sad indeed. I have a Samsung Gear that I really
like but still wanted to have one that wasn't on my wrist to compare the
two. I wonder if this is the future of FitBit and their customer service
or just that the want people to move away from the non-wrist devices???

Laura
Best Answer

Same problem.  Updated the firmware on my One on Sunday.  No syncing since then.  Tried all the suggestions posted on this board.  No luck.  If Fitbit has known about this problem since late September, why was my app telling me to update the tracker firmware just last weekend?  Frustrating!

Best Answer

@mk101975 Welcome and thanks for stopping by the Community, since you are stuck in the firmware update and tried the troubleshoots, I went ahead and created a support case for you. 

@Relique68 Have you tried the troubleshoots in this article? 

@Stouff It looks as if your tracker is syncing and accumulating steps, are you still having issues? 

@biscuit1124 Sorry to hear about what happened to your tracker, I'm sending you a PM with more information. 

@LarryAW Moved your post to this thread for better visibility on the issue you are experiencing. I see you have a case open and I'm also sending a PM. 

@Baltoscott Thanks for your help here! Nice to see you around. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Yes, I am still having issues.  The device does not seem to be charging...when I look at the device when plugged into charger, the battery level appears full but is not a solid color like usual, it is more of a hashed color.  Sometimes the device will sync with my phone app and show the battery level full, and then shortly after, the battery level is red and extremely low.  

I have reset the device many times but nothing seems to change it. 

Any ideas?  Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I am still having issues. The device does not seem to be
charging...when I look at the device when plugged into charger, the battery
level appears full but is not a solid color like usual, it is more of a
hashed color. Sometimes the device will sync with my phone app and show
the battery level full, and then shortly after, the battery level is red
and extremely low.

I have reset the device many times but nothing seems to change it.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Laura
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit Yes I have.  I went back and forth with tech support too trying the same/similar procedures.  Still no sync capability.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got an update for my fitbit today. Hopefully that will fix the problem. I haven’t got to check it yet.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The latest update allowed me to sync my One once and then stopped. I was able to sync on my Mac - once - a few days ago. I’ve done all of the steps described here, plus probably more. My One is still essentially useless. 

Tech support basically told me recently it was a lost cause in one breath and in the other gave the canned, “Thank you for your patience. The engineering team is working hard to resolve this” spiel. But yeah - RIP One. I hate that fitbit killed off a great little worker bee. 

Best Answer

I can’t wear a wristband. Most other companies only offer wristband options. I just ordered a clip for the Fitbit Alta and will be back in business. I will order the Alta through Fitbit customer service that offered 25% discount for selling my soul. Must admit, I was a Fitbit cheerleader until a month ago when this all broke down. Now, not so much. Better the devil you know....

Best Answer

I can't get the update in the Droid or iPhone. Nor will it sync. Kinda starting to annoy me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes