Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

My Fitbit One keeps losing the ability to sync. Once I get it working it syncs for about 2 weeks and then stops. The new firmware download notice appeared in my Fitbit app this evening and since then it can't locate my One. I can't even download the firmware since it cannot locate  my device. I've tried all the instructions to correct the issue with no luck. Since August, every time there is an update I lose the ability to sync my device. This is so frustrating. The problem is not with my One device. Seems like Fitbit is just trying to kill it so I have to buy a new one.

Best Answer
Fitbit One is dead.

Shelly
Best Answer

Update to 6.64 went well for me. Still syncing with iPhone 7 running iOS 11.1. I like the added "Steps," "Floors," "Miles," and "Cals" displays just before the display of the respective data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m still trying to get those extra labels turned off. Unnecessary, just extra things to scroll through.

Carl
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've got it tracking again! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
How? Mine still won't work. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah. I get it... but there are no additional button presses to scroll though all the data as the new text clears in less than or about a second. Maybe it doesn’t really bother me becuase I usually look at this data on the phone app anyway.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I hate Fitbit!! Really disappointed if doesn’t work anymore through no fault of my own!!!

Wished I had never clicked on the update!!!

Sent from my iPhone by Carol
Best Answer
I didn't have a choice but click the update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@therealkmr @CSM123 Those labels always appear after resetting your device.

From the One's User Manual:

"When you first set up your One and press the button to scroll through your stats, you see the stat category (e.g. STEPS) followed by the stat and its icon. After you’ve cycled through each screen 5 times and can recognize the stat icon, the stat category no longer appears so that you can scroll more quickly."

Best Answer

Hi @KateFitbit,

I received this update on my fitbit one yesterday afternoon but when I try to update it I receive the error 'This operation couldn't be completed. (com.fitbit.HTTP error 400)'. Now my fitbit one won't sync at all. I have tried logging out and back into the app on my iPhone 6, deleting and reinstalling the app, and connecting my fitbit to my computer. I have also tried on Wifi and LTE, my fitbit is 100% charged, and bluetooth is on with my fitbit sitting directly beside my phone (nothing else around) all to no avail. Can you please advise?

Best Answer

KateFitbit-

Should we not update if our fitbit is finally working after talking to tech support last week?  My only update recently was to version 6.0.  after I loaded that version, my charge went from about 6 days to 48 hours.  Tech support helped and now it holds about 5 days of charge, which in the absence of a reasonable replacement is fine for now.  But now, I see that there is a new update.  Reading this thread scared me from updating.  Advise, please!  

btw I was totally willing to purchase a new One, if mine was dying of old age (I've worn it for 2 years, but it is about 3 years old, as it sat in the box as my first One lived out its last days).  There are no replacements for the functionality of the One...and it seems this is not an age issue, but a fitbit issue...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ah, okay. Never noticed that before… but just looked again and those labels are indeed gone. Thanks for letting me know.
Best Answer
Thanks! I see now the labels are gone. Must have only scrolled 4 times before......

Carl
Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate the fact you took the time to open a support case. Unfortunately, no resolution. The only offer was a discount on a new device. That does not seem very customer friendly. Sadly, after 2 years of daily use, I am disappointed in the lack of support to all of these faithful customers who are in the same exact situation I am in.  Why would I buy another device from a company that could not resolve a known issue that involves so many customers? 

Best Answer
A fine device rendered useless by inept engineers, software developers and marketers. Their existence depends on innovation and sales. Develop a new product and render the current useless. Expect the confused and dimwits to buy the new device, and soon repeat.
Stay pissed and throw your money at the problem, or leave Fitbit.
Last Saturday, after them rendering my third One a brick, I opted to leave four years of tracking and the Fitbit achievements. Looking forward to my first zero step weekly report this coming Monday.
Instead of being attached to Fitbit and being forced into one of their wrist based devices and being stiffed again in the future, I opted for an iWatch. No regrets. No looking back. May have future problems, but I’m not funding the old Fitbit problem.
Best Answer

Agreed.  Truthfully, that's what appears to be happening. After all the troubleshooting I did on my own, I actually had one of the reps send me instructions on how to update an app in the Playstore....seriously?  I was optimistic there would be resolution, but clearly profit trumped that. Funny, my One is still tracking my steps daily...

Best Answer

Funny, thinking the same thing. Have a Samsung Gear and love it...like I used to love my One. Kept them both just to have both readings but now I think I am done with Fitbit 😑

Best Answer
Mine is tracking but won't sync. Not even recognized by the app!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes