Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399
Hooray!
Mine is finally working, updated all latest iOS and Fitbit today - and all sync ...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I've tried these instructions atleast 5 times over the last week, unfortunately it did not resolve the issue for mine.

Best Answer

@mwz247 wrote:
Instead of being attached to Fitbit and being forced into one of their wrist based devices and being stiffed again in the future, I opted for an iWatch. No regrets. No looking back. May have future problems, but I’m not funding the old Fitbit problem.

This is a key point to me. Fitbit has made it clear to everyone who has discovered these threads, and sadly I think that's a tiny minority of One users, that they are unwilling or incapable of resolving the issues they introduced. The One was working great prior to August. Now, I dread seeing an iOS update because I don't know if Fitbit's software will brick my device. I refuse to install the latest firmware update because of all the problems I've read about it here.

Why would anyone support Fitbit by buying more expensive products they don't want knowing that Fitbit could just as easily abandon those too? "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Well, shame on Fitbit.

I'm requesting the moderator of this forum to have the CEO of Fitbit make an official statement to all One users about the cause of the problems they've introduced, why they continue unresolved to this day, why they are not replacing bricked devices at no cost instead of offering a 25% discount to upsell us to a product we don't want, and what is Fitbit going to do to make it right. Then we need to see action.

Until I hear a sincere mea culpa from the CEO of Fitbit resulting in the resolution of these problems, they've lost me as a future customer. I will not throw good money after bad.

Best Answer
Well said!! We spent our hard earned cash on something that while it worked was brilliant, but for them to break them so making us purchase something else is very underhanded

Sent from my iPhone by Carol
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Unfortunately, based on the news media coverage of the Fitbit earnings reports, the only thing the CEO seems to care about is number of units shipped. For them to brick their most accurate tracker in order to ship more units of new trackers is despicable. The fact that no one has offered any explanation for why the One has been discontinued shows utter disregard for their customer base, and only seems to confirm that they are intentionally screwing over everyone who can't wear a wristband. The number and extent of the issues we are facing shows complete incompetence at many, many levels. The company has plummeted in my estimation, from the best option to completely unreliable and unresponsive.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

Sigh --- so I am reading these all too late.. got the update message yesterday, so I said Sure!!!

It started and ran for several minutes and then appeared to fail in the middle of the update. Phone app says I still need 6.64. Last synch was yesterday at 9:04am, about a hour before my attempt to synch.

Done all of the above suggestions multiple times. Nothing. One says it has 6.64 and phone says I don't. Won't synch. Bluetooth on phone sees the One but when I try to force a connect from the phone, it says it gets an error "pairing" with it. One appp says my Bluetooth is off or in error and asks to restart it but it doesn't help.

The first time I re-tried the update install, it thought about it before failing. Now it fails immediately.

I dislike corporations that do this kind of stuff. I was going to upgrade at Christmas but now I am looking elsewhere.

Best Answer

Tried restarting phone, no joy.  Reboot one, no joy, turned Bluetooth off and on, no joy.  Now have fit bit one that just will not sync, where to from here?  Getting error 400 when trying updAte tracker which iit is asking me to do.  Fitbit you’ve really stuffed this up!

Best Answer

Same here. Updated, now wont connect. Deleted the one from account, now I just get an error 400 everytime I try to reconnect it. I was thinking it just me. Looks like it's everyone. I looked at Amazon for one, asking price is $187 and up!!! Screw that!!!

Best Answer

Hi everyone- For those who haven't received the update, we are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit  Isn’t this thread communicating that this update is bricking the devices that are uploading it?  Or are you trying to inform everyone that there is a fix coming and if their device is not working “hold on” and a fix is coming. I’m asking because after three weeks of charging issues, tech support helped me and now my One has reasonable charge. However, now I have an update in my queue, and I’m terrified to update my One with all the chatter that this update killed their One. What version of firmware is the problem and what version is the fix?  

Best Answer

I want this answer as well. My One seems okay for the moment. 

@essloane wrote:

@KateFitbit  Isn’t this thread communicating that this update is bricking the devices that are uploading it?  Or are you trying to inform everyone that there is a fix coming and if their device is not working “hold on” and a fix is coming. I’m asking because after three weeks of charging issues, tech support helped me and now my One has reasonable charge. However, now I have an update in my queue, and I’m terrified to update my One with all the chatter that this update killed their One. What version of firmware is the problem and what version is the fix?  

Best Answer

I completed the firmware update a few days ago and now my One will not sync. I also update my Surge and it is syncing OK. With my One I have rebooted a few times without effect. I disconnected the One as a device and have tried to set it up again via my iPhone. While the One is recognized, when pairing the code is not accepted and instead provides an error message (com.fitbit.HTTP error 400.). Can this be resolved?

Best Answer

Dear Kate,

Thanks for the news.

As this thread faces many reports that the firmware upgrade has "bricked" many One devices, we would very much appreciate some further information on the following questions:

- is there a confirmed problem? to which extent? can you run some server statistics on the number of One devices that have successfully/unsucessfully upgrade? could FitBit kindly accept to share the figures transparentely?

- in case the upgrade "fails" and that no bluetooth connection seems to be possible anymore from the IOS app, is it known wether the device is "irremediably lost" (disconnected forever) or whether an upcoming IOS app upgrade should fix the matter?

- once the upgrade is "pushed" to a user, is there a way to "refuse the risk" or is it forced?

- any idea if the failed upgrade relate to the method: is the upgrade from the FitBit Connect application on MacOS more reliable than the upgrades from the IOS app for example?

@KateFitbit wrote:

...we are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One ...

I believe the FitBit support situation for the existing user-basis of the One is rather alarming according to the posts in the forum. I guess the first line staff (first line helpdesk, forum moderators) have a hard time to face the load and complexity. I empathise with your efforts, hoping that you are getting the expected support/capacity from engineering behind/priority assignment.

Take care,

Philippe

Best Answer
Do not update your Fitbit as the software kills it
My friend didn’t get the update on her One as is working perfectly mine is dead !!!

Sent from my iPhone by Carol
Best Answer

I was also having syncing problems after attempting the firmware update.  I removed my Fitbit One from my device, and have been trying to set it up again.  When trying to pair, it gives me "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.fitbit.HTTP error 400)"  over and over. 

I restarted my fitbit as instructed above, but now how do I "try the firmware update again" ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mcdonnr@Puckhead963@Julia86@Woodc - Have you tried the troubleshoots in this article

@Ceeleigh Usually the 400 error message is because the Fitbit app or the OS on the mobile device is not updated. My suggestion is checking that everything is up to date, then restart the mobile device and following the troubleshoots above. 

@Pkingwill@Bev_Good - I have created a case for you, someone from our support team will be reaching out shortly. 

@mk101975@DawnsJourney, thanks for working with customer support, I sent you a PM. 

@Ange00 thanks for the update, glad to hear it's working. 

@eslone@Mcwheltle@phv - while there are some reports of users being stuck in the firmware update, it is not bricking trackers and we do recommend updating your tracker when prompted. If there are issues, our support team is available for assistance 24 hours a day. The platform used to update does not make any difference. 

@mwz247, @SunsetRunner, @janel, - the reasons for the firmware update were stated in my original post, this was a necessary update across all trackers. I do ask that you keep the thread on topic and keep the productive and considerate as outlined in our community guidelines

Best Answer

@KateFitbit Yes I have tried these things several times each. I even deleted the One from my account, and when trying to add back in, I get the error 400 message. The One will show the code to set up the device with the app, but when I enter the number it shows the error message. When the error message comes up, the code on the One will change to try it again. 

Best Answer

Mine is dead too. Can not charge at all and intermittent syncing running this 6.64 version. 

Best Answer

@mwz247

I agree with what you said now and what you said before and I don’t think it was something that you should have been called out for saying. As a One lover, I have spent the last week researching every device on the market and the One is the only fitness tracker that meets MY needs, but to hear they are eliminating it will open the door to explore other products.  It is obvious, given the overwhelming reports on this thread that something went drastically wrong with this firmware update on top of something going wrong with the latest iOS updates. honestly, I just want an honest answer- if we update, and it goes the way of so many Ones on this thread and it stops responding can it be fixed or is it truly over?  

Best Answer
Sorry @KateFitbit, but to say that this update is not bricking Ones is a technicality. If the One is no longer able to sync, and if you delete it from your device and it is unable to be added again, then it is bricked for all practical purposes even if it is still tracking my steps, etc happily.
I have been following this thread for over a week now, and many people have reported these problems on this thread, myself included. It is happening to both iPhone and Android users (I am an Android user, but several iPhone users have reported identical problems and results). I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions, several times, in the hope of rescuing my One with no change.
Fortunately for me, I had a spare One at home and I am now using it, but this shouldn't have been necessary. I had a spare in case I lost mine, not so Fitbit could "brick" it. And a 25% discount (which seems to be the Support solution for anything they can't resolve) on a wrist tracker I don't want isn't compensation.
--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Best Answer