Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

@KateFitbit Yes, I've updated my IOS in my iphone, the Fitbit app shows up to date as well.  Still haven't the same 400 error over and over.  Since I can't get my One added back into the app (getting this error), how do I retry doing the firmware update? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found an old Samsung Galaxy 4 that I tried to add my One back into my account. When I turned on the Bluetooth and tried to pair with the Fitbit I received an error message this time that said "Pairing rejected by the One"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Puckhead963 Thanks for the update. I created a case for you, someone from our support team will be reaching out shortly. 

@Ceeleigh I'm not sure why you are seeing a 400 error, and have reached out for more assistance. I do see you have not been able to update and have gone ahead a created a case for you, someone from our support team will be reaching out further. 

@Stouff I see you currently have a case open and our team is assisting you, thank you. 

@SunsetRunner I'm not seeing a tracker stuck in a firmware update at this time. @essloane Please know, If there are any issues updating your tracker, our support team will work to resolve the situation. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the firmware update I cannot sync to my iPhone or iPad. Very frustrating. It will not sync with my iPhone 6 (ios 11), my iPad mini (ios 10) my iMac (current OSX) or my Windows machine (current Windows 10). 

I don't think Fitbit wants to fix it because Fitbit wants us to buy new trackers. I don't want a wrist-worn tracker. 

Nope. None of the proposed fixes worked. Fitbit broke the One with the recent firmware update. Very disappointed. I do not want a wrist worn unit. 

Best Answer

@zimman57 This doesn't appear to be a firmware issue, since it was updated and syncing last week. What troubleshoots have you tried? Have you checked out this article on syncing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One will also no longer sync after the attempted firmware update. I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps with tech support, and they've determined that my One needs to be replaced. They offered me a 25%-off coupon.

My One was working completely fine prior to this firmware update. I didn't break it; Fitbit did. 😕

-Ken

Best Answer

@Kenji Thanks for opening a case with customer support, I sent you a PM on the status. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This firmware update is broken and SHOULD NOT be rolled out any further until fixed.  Many people, including myself, are now no longer able to sync after updating whether it be through the phone or computer.  Removing the Fitbit from the account makes things even worse, as it can not be re-added to the account.  It fails immediately after entering in the 4-digit code displayed on the Fitbit.

This needs to be resolved ASAP!!

Rieshal
Ionic - One - LG G6 (Nougat)
Best Answer
I am now having this same issue... Has anyone had any success in overcoming this?
I reject your reality and .... oh look books
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rieshal wrote:

This firmware update is broken and SHOULD NOT be rolled out any further until fixed.  Many people, including myself, are now no longer able to sync after updating whether it be through the phone or computer.  Removing the Fitbit from the account makes things even worse, as it can not be re-added to the account.  It fails immediately after entering in the 4-digit code displayed on the Fitbit.

This needs to be resolved ASAP!!

I wish I'd known this before hand .... now completely up **** creek without a paddle ... really not happy and 5hrs wasted trying to fix an issue that appears to be unfixable

I reject your reality and .... oh look books
Best Answer

Hello from the Netherlands here. Last week I've updated my One to 6.64 and after that it wouldn't sync anymore. After I had already installed the firmware upgrade to 6.64 I noticed it kept telling me there was an update for my One available, but I couldn't install. Because it wasn't synching anymore I've removed the One from my fitbit account and now I can't get it back on! I've contacted customer support and they asked me if my iphone app was up to date (yet it is) and if I've tried restarting the One (yes, like a million times). I've also tried pairing from my macbook but also get an error, it does send a code to my One but after that it immediately says "an error occured while pairing". On my iphone it keeps saying "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.fitbit.HTTP error 400.)"

I've been trying and restarting, re-installing the app for hours now in the last couple of days. I'm really sad, fitbit seems to have broken the One with their last firmware upgrade 😞

Best Answer
@Jenji We keep getting reports of that type of severe "incidents".

So I really don't understand the roll-out of the upgrade by FitBit can
continue under such circumstances. The result will be that all fitbit One
devices will be de-facto made obsolete although they were an absolutely
brilliant pieve of engineering that worked for years and years.

Please reassure me, Did you decide to press a button accepting the "risky"
upgrade? In other words: is it possible to stay away from the upgrade
attempt, avoiding those risks?

Thanks for sharing.
Best Answer

@phvYes, there is a button to press to initiate the firmware update.

Rieshal
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the syncing troubleshooting/fixes you suggest. Turning off/on bluetooth. Making sure only one bluetooth device is nearby. Resetting the One. Removing it from the account and trying to add it again merely means I no longer have a tracker tied to my account because it simply cannot sync since you broke it with the update. The dongle attached to my iMac cannot find the tracker. The bluetooth cannot find it. A dongle and bluetooth on my Windows 10 computer cannot find the tracker. iPhone and iPad can no longer find the tracker. What's the common point of failure? THE UPDATE. My phone and tablet can both find my wife's tracker when I removed the tracker form my account and tried to find the tracker again. Nothing happened until my wife came in the room wearing HER One, and suddenly my phone found her tracker and tried to get me to add it. The update broke my tracker. Either figure out a way to roll it back, fix it with a new update, send me a new One tracker, or do something other than insult my intelligence with the most basic steps that I took when the tracker first failed. We are beyond basics here. 

@KateFitbit wrote:

@zimman57 This doesn't appear to be a firmware issue, since it was updated and syncing last week. What troubleshoots have you tried? Have you checked out this article on syncing?

Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:

How can you look through this forum and see all the Fitbit Ones that have become useless after the update and say it is not an update issue??????? It is definitely a firmware issue and you need to either roll it back or send out a fix. Or send us all new Fitbit Ones, since I don't want a wrist-worn tracker. But you need to move on this soon or we'll all be wearing some other company's tracker. 

Best Answer

I too now have a dead Fitbit One.  It was working perfectly up until 5:34pm last night when I tried to install the firmware update.  I only wish I had checked the Forum prior to installation.  As many other people have posted - at that point the firmware update failed; the One shows 6.64 but it will not synch with my phone or computer.  I spent at least 45 minutes on the phone last evening with tech support - tried everything but still no success. I was told that since my warranty had expired the best they could do for me was offer a 25% discount on specific new Fitbit products  and free express shipping.  I can not even describe how outraged I am at this situation.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with my Fitbit prior to the firmware installation attempts.  It was the firmware that caused my Fitbit to "break."  The tech support person and the supervisor would not take any responsibility for the situation.  After the call, I began to read the Forum and I am astounded at the number of people who now have a useless Fitbit One.  This is clearly either a poorly planned and executed update or a deceptive business practice to get those of us who love the Fitbit One to purchase a new product.  I received an email from tech support stating I would receive a second email with a link for the 25% discount.  I have not received the 2nd email.  Up to this point I have loved Fitbit products and have purchased many as gifts.  If Fitbit resolves the firmware issue I will probably stay as a loyal customer, however if this situation is not resolved with at the very least a 100% covered new product - I will look elsewhere.

Best Answer

Yes, there is a definite problem with the 6.64 firmware update.  How this critical issue made it through Fitbit's testing stages is beyond me.

No amount of rebooting the Fitbit One, phone, or computer will resolve the issue, and the Fitbit will not pair or sync with any compatible device... Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows or Mac computers.  Unfortunately, we're just going to have to sit tight and wait for Fitbit to fix this on their end.

I have come across two key error messages while trying to add the Fitbit One back to my account, which makes the problem appear to be a communication problem between the App and Fitbit's servers:

Fitbit Connect for Windows: Server appears to be busy at the moment.  Please try again later.
Fitbit App for iOS: The operation couldn't be completed.  (com.fitbit.HTTP error 400.)

Are we hopelessly SOL?  Most likely not.  The Fitbit One is not fully "bricked", and Bluetooth appears to still be active at some level.  This means it should be possible to push through a "fix" firmware update if necessary, either through an updated version of the App, or using a separate utility.   Just how long this will take is anyone's guess, but the ball is in Fitbit's court to make it right.

Rieshal
Best Answer
That button just appeared for my device! I will do the uppermost efforts in order not to press it accidentally!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: My husband stopped using his One many months ago (possibly closer to a year) when his clip broke and then the button (to check display) broke off. It’s a year older than mine. He never did any of the more recent updates on it. I completely deleted my Fitbit app and have been using my husband’s through my Mac. Other than being in a sorry state physically (I have to find a pin to check steps), it syncs and updates fine. 

MY One: I meticulously cared for it and did all of the updates. It still looks brand new. Despite several conversations with tech support and doing ALL of the troubleshooting mentioned here NUMEROUS times, it has been rendered useless. It worked FINE until the updates. It does NOT work now. My husband’s did NOT go through the updates. It still works. I will NOT ever reinstall the Fitbit app and when this One gives up the ghost I will switch to my Garmin. (I don’t want a wrist model and think Fitbit should offer more like 75% off another product since they essentially killed off our Ones. But, since I have a perfectly working Garmin I’ll find a way to use that for more than just runs.)

I’ve found it interesting that Apple had a recent glitch and within 24 hours they had an update out that fixed it. Fitbit either tells us there’s no problem or that we need patience as they’re working on it. I’ve also been told by several Fitbit folks that they’d be following up with me - which has not happened. I was also told I’d be one of the first to get the 6.64 updates - which did not happen. (As of a few days ago it still wasn’t an option for me.)

I have several engineer family members who say this is a mess up on fitbit’s side. There are numerous people in other groups I’m in who are now unable to use their Ones.  We didn’t do anything wrong and I’m just at a loss as to why fitbit has handled this so miserably. (Other than they want everyone to just buy new products from them, which has not worked in my family or friends and has very much soured opinions on their company.)

I hope everyone’s Ones miraculously start working again or that Fitbit pulls their head out of their bum and creates an actual fix. 🤞🤞🤞

Best Answer

Ironically, I retired my Fitbit One last month when I bit the bullet and upgraded to an Ionic.  After using it for a week, the new "waterproof" device started developing moisture inside of it.  I returned to Fitbit for replacement and went back to using the One.  22 days later, I'm still waiting on the replacement Ionic to ship, and now have an unusable One.

Rieshal
Best Answer