Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

I’m having the same problem. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Best Answer

@KatyB42 wrote:

I’m having the same problem. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Sadly Katy it appears at this stage FitBit has put their head in the sand much like an Emu and are blaming the multitudes of users rather than focussing on the problem that we all have in common. I for one hope that they are actually doing something to fix this complete fubar that is looking to make the Queensland Health debacle here in Australia look like an afternoon tea party ruined by rain.

I reject your reality and .... oh look books
Best Answer

@phv wrote:
That button just appeared for my device! I will do the uppermost efforts in order not to press it accidentally!

LOL. Same thing here. I actually tweeted at them saying I REFUSE to update mine until they've fixed the issues! I like my ONE, and I don't want it to become a brick. 😛

Best Answer

I have had the same issue after the upgrade. My One will not sync with the app on my phone, laptop or other apps. I spent 2 hours with support, who was very helpful, but could not solve the problem. I was told that I needed a new tracker.

Best Answer

Customer service is essentially following a troubleshooting script.  When all else fails, replace the Fitbit.  They don't seem to know or care about the problem being caused by the recent update, but if you can get them to send you a replacement tracker for free, then by all means.  Just be certain you don't install the firmware update on it! 🙂

I am seeing other Fitbit trackers having similar issues following recent updates as well, so the problem does not seem to be limited to just us One users:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Flex/Flex-Firmware-Release-Version-7-88/td-p/2253140/page/2

I'm hopeful that Fitbit can get this issue resolved soon, though it most likely require another update to the App and/or firmware.

Rieshal
Ionic - One - LG G6 (Nougat)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like every time there is a firmware update some users wind up with bricked devices. It is probably because there was some sort of interruption during the firmware transfer.  In most cases, folks can recover by trying again, but as many on this thread can testify, that is not always the case.  I did not have any problem updating One to 6.64, so I don't agree that fitbit is intentionally bricking Ones to get folks to buy a new device.  I actually have a backup One that I have not yet updated, but that is just because it isn't synced to an account. I'll get around to it.  My main complaint is that the firmware update didn't fix the battery drain issue.  

I did a google search for "firmware update bricked my ..." and saw a similar thread for the Charge HR from a couple of years ago.  In that case, some users were able to get things going again by deleting the tracker from their account and then adding it back as a new device.  If you have not tried that yet, give it a go.  Otherwise, make sure you go through all the Bluetooth interference steps in this article. I sometimes have an issue when I have other fitbit trackers nearby, and often have an issue if my iPad or Mac are nearby when I try to sync with my iPhone. And users have also reported syncing problems with various fitbit devices while using certain bluetooth headphones.

I agree that syncing Ones is less consistent than it used to be, but I wonder if it has to do more with iOS 11 and it's ability to work with older bluetooth devices than fitbit's firmware updates, as users have complained about syncing problems with earlier versions of the firmware. As @Rieshal points out, some flex users (also older hardware) are reporting issues.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
Hello Fellow Fitbit Ones
Fitbit tech support couldn't fix my One so they offered me a new one.
Please just calm down and work with them as opposed to just being mad.
Fitbit always comes through for it's customers.
Best Answer

@DawnsJourney is your One still in warranty?  I and maybe a few others were only offered a 25% discount toward another purchase after tech support cannot fix the sync'ing problem.  The main reason for no replacement, in my case, was that it is out of warranty.  I updated from 6.60 to 6.64.

Do you have the same sync'ing issue?  It would be interesting to see if the replacement One you will get is at version 6.64.

Best Answer

Thanks for reporting positive feedback, @Baltoscott,this is equally useful.

The risk is obviously higher for the Ones out of warranty because there will be no way to replace them ...even if the owner is willing to pay. Hence the heated debate.

I suppose that there is a good reason for FitBit not to have stopped the roll-out: the failure stories in this forum are horrifying but I cannot believe in a commercial wish to "brick the devices".I suppose the failure rate remains "low" seen from that global perspective. I would really appreciate if Fitbit would be authorised to transparentely post some statistics in this forum on the rate of successful updates, and the statistics on the number of incidents. 

@Baltoscott wrote:

... I did not have any problem updating One to 6.64..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone- the One Firmware update has been released so 100% of users as of 11/9/2017. The update is not causing widespread issues and we do suggest you update your firmware. We are also happy to work with anyone who may experience issues. 

@Rieshal I see our support team helped you out, thanks for contacting them. 

@Paxanarie@KatyB42 I see you have a case open and our team is assisting, keep an eye out for their response. 

@Jenna_van_H, @PAVN@DancerLynn@Relique68 I sent you a PM as a follow up on your case. 

@zimman57 thanks for your troubleshoots, I'm sending you a PM with tips as this is not related to the firmware upgrade and to keep the thread on topic. 

@Baltoscott thanks for your input and insight! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Thanks to Kate for providing an acceptable resolution to the issues I was having.  I will continue as a loyal Fitbit customer and my faith in this company has been restored.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DawnsJourney  So they were able to offer you a replacement One?  Are you under warranty?  If something happened to my One, I would be happy to buy a new One, if that is available. My fear has been that they discontinued the One, and so if something happened to my One, they could only offer a replacement with another product. I know I’m not under warranty, though. I’m not looking for a free handout, I’m only on this forum because I tried to buy a One two weeks ago and found they had been discontinued. So now I have an update staring at me every time I sync, because I am paralyzed, knowing that if my  One does not respond well, there is no other product, of any brand,that I want, at this time. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, just wanted to conform I've also received and e-mail with a 25% discount code. I think because my One hasn't got a warranty anymore, it was quite old. It still looks brand new though, it really was a great product. It will be missed. 

EDIT: I've received another e-mail now with a replacement offer to get a replacement One or 50% off another model. This is really good service!

Best Answer

@KateFitbit

Thank you for your PM. I was able to successfully complete the update!  I am happy to hear that Fitbit is offering replacement Ones- for those impacted negatively by the update. The One is special, at least it is to me, so it is not that easy to replace. I’ve done so much research on wearable fitness trackers in the past two weeks, I can say with complete honesty that my One is irreplaceable, so I’ll treat it with even greater care. Thank you, Kate, for your help. I do hope that the product research team sees some of the reasons why the One has a loyal following and considers the comments regarding altimeters and clip options in future products. Good luck, everyone. 

Best Answer

I have the Fitbit One. I haven't had any trouble with it for over 2 years. However, since it updated yesterday to 6.64, it won't stay on. When I put it on the charger, it shows that it is fully charged, but as soon as I take it off it dies. I followed the directions to do a restart, but same thing. It dies as soon as I take it off the charger.

Best Answer

Got the new firmware last night.  Now my display doesn't show anything.  Pressing the button does nothing.

Best Answer
I'm sorry to hear that. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled? My tracker is
tracking, just not communicating to any app, including Fitbit. I manually
try to capture to readings before midnight when they reset to 0. I wish you
luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you uninstall and reinstall?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I, with the help of Fitbit tech, uninstalled the tracker and reinstalled to
try to get it to communicate again; but that didn't seem to help.

If you haven't called tech, I'd recommend you do. They are very nice and try
their best to help. If no solution is available, they do their best to
compensate.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed the update last night on my One. Now it won’t sync anymore and ap continues to show update available ( even though I have already installed it) If I try to update again I get 400 error. So Im stuck unable to update or sync.

i have uninstalled and reinstalled my ap. And reset my fitbit. 

What else can I try? Help! My fitbit itself is still working - just not the ap.

thanks

Jenny

Best Answer
0 Votes