Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

I'm having the same issue, and tried all the same things. How frustrating!

Best Answer
Yes but nothing worked unfortunately my Fitbit is now useless. However, they offered to either replace my Fitbit One or give me a 50% discount on another tracker. I chose the latter as Ones won’t be supported in the future. If you want to hold on to your One don’t run the update!
Thanks
Katy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You will need to contact Fitbit support and they will have to replace your tracker.
Katy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't despair completely. My One is now behaving properly (knock on wood that I don't jinx it by saying that). I have two friends with Ones, and theirs wouldn't sync for 5 and 7 days after the update. None of the troubleshooting suggestions worked, and then one day they opened the app again and synced with no problems. So don't throw the One away, just keep opening the app periodically and see what happens. With one friend, I was standing beside her looking at "One not found" on her app, when suddenly it synced. For no apparent reason. After none of the troubleshooting steps worked. I hope everyone else will have the same experience!

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

Interesting I am having the exact same problem as you.  Bummer was hoping someone on here had a solution.

Best Answer

Technical support offered me a 25% discount on a new device, but I'm loathed to spend money as an innocent victim to a bad update.  Please Moderator, please tell us what it is about the Ones that isn't taking to the update.  Should we just keep trying, like a previous post suggested?  Are they working on a solution?  Is there something different about a One purchased in 2014 that makes it less likely to ever sync again?

Best Answer

I agree 100%! I've been emailing customer support and got the same 25% offer. I had a perfectly good Fitbit One that I've had over 2 years and no problems. It even still had excellent battery life. Then, as soon as I updated the firmware, it won't even turn on, yet when I plug it into the charger it has a full battery, and then goes blank as soon as it's unplugged. I asked them if we could uninstall it and was told no. This is very frustrating!

Best Answer
I totally agree why should we pay for another one and who knows when that
one will have a problem with another update. Just not fair they should fix
the problem or get us another one if it is because of their updates. Had
no problem until their update. Unhappy also... May have to try something
else if they can't fix it.
Best Answer
They really screwed up that update and wonder how long it will take them to
get it fixed...
Best Answer
This forum has been perfectly playing his role in sharing the problmatic
case.

However, your statement:
> "They really screwed up that update and wonder how long it will take them
to
get it fixed..."

...seems to be controversial as the FitBit moderators have explicitly
reported that the success rate of upgrades is judged "normal".

So maybe we are seeing here "a few" posts of unhappy experiences, while the
numerous ones having following the "happy upgrade path" did not bother to
come and read our complains? We don't have the detailed figures but the
community will definitely not have the perception of a smooth upgrade by
reading the forum thread: hence I am actually still postponing my own
upgrade attempts despite ad-hoc reassuring guarantees I am getting from the
FitBit moderators.

But at some point of time, I'll have (to have) a try.

Regards,

Philippe
Best Answer
0 Votes
Then what is your reason for those of us that had a perfectly good working
Fitbit One and once we did the update it no longer worked correctly???
What other reason could there be? Talk for almost an hour with support and
they tried everything and could not get it to work. Was suppose to call me
back but of course did not since they don't know why it is not working any
longer since the update.

Sincerely
Dottiewolf
Best Answer
They are never going to fix a discontinued tracker so you buy their new ones

Sent from my iPhone by Carol
Best Answer
0 Votes

Kate (or anyone who can help), 

Several days ago I successfully updated my One to ver. 6.64 - I know it was successful because when I restart the One I get the 6.64 message on the initial screen, and the One is working normally. Unfortunately my Fitbit app still lists my One, but as ver. 6.60, and it keeps offering me an upgrade. If I try to do that, I get an "error 400" message-maybe because it has already been upgraded?  Meanwhile, my One has stopped synching altogether, and neither my iPhone 5s nor my iMac recognize it as a Bluetooth device. I have tried various combinations of restarting the One and the iPhone, turning Bluetooth on and off, logging in and out of my Fitbit account, and deleting and reloading the app. It seems from reading this board that this may be a known issue with the 6.64 version? If so, I'd like to know so that I can quit trying things and just wait for a fix. If not, what do you suggest I do to start synching again before I lose too much data? Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
I didn't know they were discontinuing the Fitbit One's???
Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately this is exactly what happened to me and Fitbit’s only solution was to offer me a new tracker. If you contact the Fitbit support team by email they should send you the link to either get a replacement One or 50% off a new tracker.
Katy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
That is so not fair what is to say that the next update will do the same
thing if they don't know why it is doing it now?

Dottie
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dan1472 that's strange, I haven't heard of a firmware update reverting. I have created a support case for you, someone from our team should be reaching out shortly. 

@irishkraft, @Jenleeau sorry to hear this, I created a case for you, our support team should be reaching out shortly. 

@DavidW134 Are you still having issues? I see the One updated and appears to be syncing normally. 

@dottiewolf I see our support team emailed you with options recently, please look out for the email. 

@axehead thanks for contacting our support team, your case is a bit unusual. I'm sending you a PM with more details. 

k.zunker@att.net thanks for reaching out to our support team, I'm sending a PM with further information.  

@DancerLynn@phv thanks for your help on last posts. Smiley Happy

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine sync, now the screen and button don't work. Screen comes on only when I plug it in

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
And they say there is nothing wrong with the new release.... Yea right...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I had the same issue, and it's still not resolved. Have you had any luck?

Thank you,

Best Answer
0 Votes