Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399
I just ordered a replacement ONE.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, and my girlfriend is also the same now ☹️

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No I have not had any luck fixing mine so I just ordered a replacement
One...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the quick responses! I just successfully ordered a replacement too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. They contacted me, but I already had been emailing support after reading posts here. But I guess, At least a couple of people trying to help now. But still no luck. Nothing ive tried has fixed the problem. In fact im worse off now as in process if trying their suggestions i had to unlink my fitbit, so now ive lost my unsynced data too. I dont want to soend $ on a new fitbit when the one i have only stopped working due to fitbit update. Hopefully a fix is on its way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Where from?

Sent from my iPhone by Carol
Best Answer
0 Votes

Kate- help! 

Since updating, I, like the multitude of people on this forum, have not been able to sync. I have wasted hours day after day trying to sync it with my phone and computer, turning it on/off, uninstalling and reinstalling apps. I keep on getting error message 400. My phone does not detect the one anymore. 

I am doing a steps challenge with my insurance company, this fitbit is now costing me money everyday. 

I have now synced my husband's fitbit (which is not updated) to my account since he has upgraded to a more reliable garmin. But I have lost about 1 weeks worth of data. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They won’t be able to fix it you need to email Fitbit support and they will give you an offer of replacing your Fitbit One or 50% off a new tracker.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Support have arranged to send me a replacement One. Thank you Fitbit Team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CaitlinFB Sorry to hear you were unable to complete the update. I created a case with customer support for your One, someone from our team should contact you shortly. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received a replacement One.  It has firmware 6.60   Sync'ed right of way to my Android phone.  Good.  I am going to leave it at 6.60 even though the app is reminding me that there is an update.  My previous One stopped sync'ing after update to 6.64.  Not updating this time around.  That red button with the white down arrow is whispering "press me"...and @KateFitbit thank you.

Best Answer

Ditto for me! No way am I doing that with the replacement one... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

My issue resolved i had a chat with fitbit support team and they asked me first remive the device from bluetooth and then switch off phone bluetooth for 10 s cs. After 10 sec switch on bluetooth again, it will start updating.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I reached out to support via chat and they have resolved the issue. I am back on my fitbit.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do use my fitbit as medical equipment! I have diabetes and sleep apnea , so I use my one to check my sleep and balance calories in VS out too try and keep my sugar stable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I met my former boss yesterday. Him and his wife are also fan of the FitBit
One.

He confirmed me that they had both upgraded successfully their firmware. So
despite the forum appearance, there are "happy paths".

I think I am gonna try "somewhen soon" ;/

Philippe
Best Answer
0 Votes
So glad that worked for you. I tried that several times both with phone
and iPad and it didn’t work. Good for you...
Best Answer

I just upgraded from 6.6 to 6.64 the fitbit One device of my wife successfully. (She also has a Fitbit Charge 2 so the risk of having to wait for a replacement device and not counting steps for a few days was lower than for mine.)

I filmed a video in case an issue would have appeared but everything went OK.

Here is the procedure I followed from scratch:

- I full charged the One device and turned it "off" (pressing 10 seconds the button when plugged)

- I then restarted it (pressing shortly the button after having it unplugged getting confirmation it was on v6.6

- I ensured no other dev ice could interfere (cutting bluetooth from the other equipment that may start synchronising with that one device)

- started the FiBit IOS app (last version) from the iPhone 5, verifying that the One was correctly connected and synch'ed

- stayed close to the WIFI router, with even the iPhone also plugged to ensure battery charge ...and started the upgrade process from the fitbit app

- carefully monitored the progress that was consistently displayed on both the one OLED screen and he iPhone fitbit app. I didn't even put the app in the background, seeing it active.

- after 7'40" the upgrade was confirmed successful and the fitbit One was still connected, now in v6.64

So the firmware is not systematically failing.

I'll wait for a couple of days to ensure everything is smooth and will then proceed with the upgrade my own device.

Best Answer

I followed @phv upgrade description and was able to successfully upgrade from 6.6 to 6.64.  Yeah, I gave in.  This is a replacement One I got recently.  My original One lost the sync'ing function after going from 6.6 to 6.64.

Best Answer
So you upgraded your replacement ONE to 6.64 successfully, correct? Your
mobile phone is an iphone?

I'm glad to hear. Haven't gotten my replacement yet. I have an Andriod
phone. Has anyone had success with an Andriod?

Many thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes