Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

I have an android phone and a replacement One but I have not upgraded to the new firmware...afraid to do it at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I so agree. J
Best Answer
0 Votes

One has no replacement  they are discontinued. I having to buy a new fitbit or goto something else

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recieved a replacement One last week from FitBit....they are available.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recieved my replacement One and have an Android also. I was able to update and sync the new One with no issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kate-please help

I too am in the same boat.  After updating my one to the  6.64 firmware, my one will not sync.  I have tired restarting the one, turning Bluetooth on and back on, unpairing the one, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app.  Now the app will not even let me add my one.  Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife has had a Fitbit One for some time and was happy with it.  She recently installed the latest firmware release (I guess it was this one).  After the install she could no longer sync with her Fitbit One.  She called support and they could not get her Fitbit to work.  They told her that even though Fitbit broke her Fitbit with the firmware upgrade, since it was out of warranty - all the "higher-ups" would offer her was a discount on a new Fitbit.

Interesting product strategy.  Release new firmware that breaks your old product so you can force your customers to buy a newer product.

Best Answer

Yup. Same here. Product bought from eBay so out of warranty. I didn’t even get an offer for discount to purchase another Fitbit. The best bit is the email that happily and chirpily says “case resolved!” when it’s their fault for releasing an update that broke my Fitbit... sigh. Never again. 

Best Answer

Attempted my update yesterday and since the very second I did I have no ability to sync my device. Nor did it actually accomplish the update. I've tried all the suggested "fixes" to make it happen,  to no avail. Wondering what the point of an update is if it just causes problems for so many of the users? So what am I to do now with this device that doesn't have all it's usability? 

Best Answer

Second One device successfully upgraded.

Same approach but this time also having the One device "plugged in the USB charge cable".

Reboot works (pressing 10 seconds when plugged), after upgrade completion and confirms "6.64" as does the IOS app reports. Synchronisation of the device still works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So glad you were able to upgrade your ONE successfully and still sync, etc.
>From the discussions on this blog, it appears the upgrade issues may only be
with the Android OS application. I just received my replacement ONE,
connected it to my Andriod phone, it syncs fine with the Fitbit software as
well as with other Apps. (But on the old firmware)

I am hesitant to upgrade, as I now have a working, syncing ONE again. YEA!!

Thank you Fitibit staff
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kvbhockeymom@shellybbear - I created a case for you, someone from our customer support team should be reaching out shortly. 

@hartal, @CaitlinFB Sorry to hear this, I sent you both a PM.

@phv glad to hear you were able to update both trackers. Smiley Happy

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

My replacement One arrived today. I wasn’t going to update the firmware, but it started the update before I realised. Held my breath and it went through successfully. So I now have a fully working One that syncs with my iPhone. Many Thanks to support staff for their help and sending me a replacement. 

Best Answer

@KateFitbit reviewed my wife's support case and she has arranged for my wife to get a replacement.  It is nice to see that the Fitbit staff is actively monitoring the community board and providing additional support when it is needed.   Some companies don't do that.

Best Answer

I also have not been able to sync since nov. 1st. After updating firmware to the 6.64.. at least tracker shows 6.64 my One will not sync and app shows firmware 6.0. I have tried everything. I also just recently bought Alta on sale and I do NOT like it at all, most of the time it's incorrect by 3-5K steps a day!!!! Clearly wrist tracker is something I can not use because I'm working a lot with my hands. Would never buy wrist tracker for full price, never. I was thinking about returning Alta and buying new One. Unfortunately it has been discontinued. Now I don't know what to do, I have out of warranty broken one what was holding charge and working perfectly before update and totally incorrect Alta...so unhappy 😞

Please Fitbit fix this mess. Fancy/pricey wrist trackers are not for everybody.

Best Answer

@KateFitbit

Thank you for sending me a replacement fitbit. 

Like many of you, my fitbit is busted and out of warranty. But Kate ordered a replacement for me anyway. 

Thanks Kate for restoring some of my faith in Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kate Fitbit 

Thank you for sending me a replacement fitbit. 

Like many of you, my fitbit is busted and out of warranty. But Kate ordered a replacement for me anyway. 

Thanks Kate for restoring some of my faith in Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I so agree, and they did the same for me...

Thank you Fitbit...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same sync issue between my ONE, the app and my Android phone. Fitbit came through and sent a replacement ONE. It syncs with everything as did my old ONE, prior to the update.

Thank you for replacing my device. However I will NEVER upgrade to avoid these issues. 

DancerLynn

Best Answer
0 Votes
@DancerLynn if you don't upgrade in a proper planned way while under
guarantee for your replacement device (e.g. ensuring full charge, wifi
connectivity, not putting the app in background, etc ...which will overall
take 7 minutes) you are actually taking more risk because you could upgrade
"accidentally" in more challenging conditions (low connectivity, battery
not fully charged, app to be moved in background)

Not an easy decision. At the end I went successfully for the careful
upgrade path.

Dancing Philippe 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes