Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Firmware Release Version 6.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your One and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/19/2017: The firmware update has now been released to 100% of all users. If you are experiencing any issues updating, please check out this article

Update 11/6/2017: We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit One, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, you'll have it soon!

We've begun to roll out new firmware for One. This is a progressive rollout, and all One users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 6.64

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
399 REPLIES 399

No solution to battery draining issues or syncing issues.

im sure you know how to fix but you don’t seem to want to

Best Answer

Same question and concern.  My ONE can not even find the Blue tooth connection to try to sync now, but still drains down to 1/2 within 6 hours.

Best Answer

After downloading the firmware update my Fitbit shows it's version 6.64 but the app lists 6.60 and it won't sync any longer. I tried all the normal steps and spent a long time chatting with Fitbit help. At the end they gave up and offered 25% off a new product. I'm not sure I want to take them up on their offer since it was their firmware that broke my Fitbit. It seems this is happening to a lot of people, is there any resolution on the way instead of advising us to buy another one?

Best Answer

Fitbit discontinued the One, apparently messed up many of the existing Ones, and really doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to fix anything. The only communication I get from them is when KateFitbit posts here that the newest update has resolved everything or that Fitbit is aware of issues and therefore discussions are being closed. 

Just be grateful Fitbit is not responsible for medical equipment!  Of course they want to sell more products so a 25% discount is no skin off their nose. 

I’ve been in constant contact with them but no discount offer. Of course I’ve told them I don’t want a wrist product (and they’ve messed up the Zip as well). 

Just remember how they’re handling this  situation if you purchase any other products from them. 

Best Answer

@MikeFlip wrote:

After downloading the firmware update my Fitbit shows it's version 6.64 but the app lists 6.60 and it won't sync any longer. I tried all the normal steps and spent a long time chatting with Fitbit help. At the end they gave up and offered 25% off a new product. I'm not sure I want to take them up on their offer since it was their firmware that broke my Fitbit. It seems this is happening to a lot of people, is there any resolution on the way instead of advising us to buy another one?

Thanks for the warning. I don't know if it's optional, but I for one (no pun intended) will try to avoid installing any firmware update. Fitbit has zero credibility with me in their ability to keep their software stable. Their inability or lack of will to fix the One's two month old problems says everything I need to know about Fitbit as a company.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I just updated both my Ipad and Iphone. My Fitbit synced at 4pm but won't sync now. I am on a 1223 day 10k per day streak which I record on SparkPeople.com. I don't want the streak to end because the sync won't work. Annoyed cuz I have 11K for the day that I want to get credit for. I just purchased a new One--I can't wear wristbands so the One is perfect but now it's malfunctioning. Frustrating. 

Best Answer

I have never been able to wear a watch on my wrist. I love the One but am getting frustrated with the problems with sync and battery. What did they do to change it?

Best Answer

My fitbit one is working fine but unable to sync since 10/17.  I have tried all the suggestions with zero success.  I guess it's time for a different brand tracker.  This is completely frustrating!

Best Answer

Hi, @biscuit1124 and @Mcwheltle and anyone else having sync problems:

1. If you sync with more than one device (for example if you use a computer and a phone or an iPad and a phone) turn off Bluetooth on all devices (or close them down) except the one you are using to sync.  So, again, for example, if you want to sync with your phone, make sure your iPad BT is off (not relevant if you only sync with one device)

2. Give your One a restart: plug your One in to charge, and while it is still plugged in, press and hold the button until the Fitbit logo shows (about 10-12 secs).  Unplug, and immediately try to force a sync.

3. Hopefully that should work, but if a restart doesn't, try logging out of your app completely (don't just close it, log out) and then log back in again.

That has always solved syncing issues for me, so hopefully it will for you too.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thanks, Julia. Unfortunately this problem seems bigger as I've tried all those at least twice with no luck.

Best Answer
I agree MikeFlip. It seems there is more to this story than Fitbit is revealing. It does not lead me to believe it will be resolved.

Shelly
Best Answer
I have done ALL of these steps, multiple times. It is NOT working. Face it, Fitbit has not and probably will not resolve this issue. I am moving on to a different brand of fitness tracker.
Thumbs down to Fitbit.

Shelly
Best Answer

I had the sync issue on mine, but it turned out to be an iOS 11 issue - I had turned off bluetooth from the control center, but when you do that, it doesn't entirely turn off bluetooth on the phone, so I then turned it off in the settings.  This caused it to stop syncing when I tried to turn the bluetooth back on in the settings.  I fixed it by going back to control center and turning on bluetooth back on there.  

Not sure if that will help anyone, but it caused some issues for me.  

Best Answer

Mine isn’t always syncing, and the battery life is poor didn’t realise that it was due to upgrades 😖😖😖

Best Answer

My One syncs just fine with my iPhone, but I need to delete and reinstall the app almost every day.

Best Answer

I had to log out then log back in. Then i also had to restart thebfitbit and made sure it was fully charged. Got it to sync then.

MD-USA,One all the way!
Best Answer

I updated tonight, not being aware of the issues. Now my One is unable to talk to my phone. Tried all the usual sync issue fixers with no luck. Have restarted both One and phone, no luck (on reboot, One now reports firmware version 6.64). Deleted and reinstalled app, no luck. Deleted One from account, and now when I try to add it again it finds it, and asks for the code on the screen then tells me there was an error. I have retried 6 or more times with no luck.

Conrad. 

Best Answer

My One stopped sync'ing after this firmware update.  I was thinking of doing the same with Alta.   However, the Alta does not support counting stair steps climbed.  That feature is important to me.

Best Answer

Wow. Thanks for the heads up on the Alta clip. That may be my option should my One go to garbage in the near future (which if FitBit has discontinued them, will be the case).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Seanaci, yes, the One has been discontinued.  However, there is no reason to throw it away if it is working and it suits your needs.  Fitbit will continue to support the One as long as people have devices.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer