Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move on Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Didn't hit 250 steps this hour? Well get moving!

With the latest update, you can now track your hourly activity progress right on your Blaze. Enable reminders to move in your device settings and check it out! Robot Very Happy

RTM-Reminder.gif

RTM-Goal-Hour.gif

RTM-Goal-Day.gif

The reminders to move feature nudges you to walk at least 250 steps each hour. If you haven't walked 250 steps, at 10 minutes before the hour you'll feel a vibration and see a reminder on your tracker. You can select between 5 to 14 consecutive hours in the day, and you can also select the days you would like to receive reminders to move.

You can view your hourly activity progress on your Blaze by going into the "Today" app and scrolling down. Here's a few examples of how it will appear on your device (the left image shows different variations, these do not all show at once):

Hour Progress - goal not met.pngToday Stats in Progress.png

Note: It will show the amount of steps you have for the current hour (138 steps this hour) until you hit 250 steps, in which case, it will then switch to how many hours you've completed your 250 steps (e.g. 8/9 hours). If you've achieved the 250 steps for every single hour, then it will switch to the green "9/9 hours".

Have any questions or feedback about this feature? Then let us know! Be sure to check out our reminders to move help article for more detailed information. Smiley Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
159 REPLIES 159
Because it's not retrospective. It works from the point of the update, not before.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GG007 wrote:

@mcrmama wrote:
@racertempo, du dit ever adjust for you? Just thinking that sometimes the app does not update right away. Would have had to have been the last one though if that was the issue.
Have had the same issue and the hour after is updated so why not the previous hour hour which I completed the 250+ steps?

Never did, and it happened one other time.  Glad you started a thread on it, I replied on there as well.  Both times were when I hit 250 close to the hour and sat down at my desk right at 250....so there might be a few step discrepancy.  Were you close to 250 or way above it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@The_Lion wrote:

I just received the update. Now I can see the hours I moved 250+ steps on my Blaze. But why does it say 0/8 hours for today? The app says 4 hours. I just restarted the Blaze, no change.

The first day it does that, it will not pull data from hours prior to the update.  It will work fine tomorrow though.

Best Answer

Okay. I was irritated because all the other stats from today are there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo wrote:

@GG007 wrote:

@mcrmama wrote:
@racertempo, du dit ever adjust for you? Just thinking that sometimes the app does not update right away. Would have had to have been the last one though if that was the issue.
Have had the same issue and the hour after is updated so why not the previous hour hour which I completed the 250+ steps?

Never did, and it happened one other time.  Glad you started a thread on it, I replied on there as well.  Both times were when I hit 250 close to the hour and sat down at my desk right at 250....so there might be a few step discrepancy.  Were you close to 250 or way above it?

I have not actually had that happen.  I have had where I Got 249 steps one hour and then it rolled to zero one second later, lol.  I have had times where when I sync I don't have quite as many steps as what has shown on my Fitbit.  It is really close usually.  I wonder if something like that has happened on any of those hours.  I have not had where I did not get credit though for the 250 steps.  If I am tight on an hour, as long as I have got the nice job screen on the Blaze, it has gone through.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday my device wa updated to the latest version, with the activity notification feature. I checked it today, it seems totally useless. I expected a 'strong' noticiation, like silent wake up, but it is almost unrecognizable. I sat 2 hours in front my PC, recognized no notification. For testing, I waited at hour:49 getting the notification. I came on time, with so  weak signal that i was hardly feel it even while i was concentrating on the watch and  the buzzer. There was also a message on the screen (if I opened it), but visible only for  a minute.

Actually it means, that if I am concentrating on somethign (work or discussion), the notification will be entirely unnoticed.. In this form it is useless. The buzzing must be much stonger (maybe use controllable) even if it will use more power and the noticiation should be kept on the screen . For instance, if an inactive hour is passed, on any clock face there should be an indicator (red dot, red exclamaition mark, anything), incidating I missed my move. Even better, the indication should be stonger, bigger, longer, with every additional inactive hour.

Best Answer
Hi blapath,

Thank you for the information. I'm disappointed to hear that. Other fitness devices in the past (I believe Nike made one of the better ones) had a really great method for reminding you to move but have since been discontinued. I believe that it was due to the success of these other fitness companies. I hope that Fitbit will hear enough feedback to make improvements.
Best Answer
Indeed the vibration could be stronger and longer. It is hard to notice.
Best Answer
I agree it's hardly noticeable. This should be a setting and/or set up like a silent alarm. Also there is nothing on the device to tell you your status for that hour.
Best Answer
You can see the status for the hour. On today screen you can see how many steps you have taken that hour. If you already reached 250+ you see the stats of the day.
Best Answer

I updated my Blaze to the new firmware last night. For some reason I am not getting the "Reminder to Move" alerts. I have made sure that they are all switched on on the app.  Please help....!!

Best Answer

@Moorepheus wrote:
I agree it's hardly noticeable. This should be a setting and/or set up like a silent alarm. Also there is nothing on the device to tell you your status for that hour.

Yes there is, go to your "today screen" and scroll down.  Right below your Heart Rate will be you number of steps for this hour.  Once you hit 250 for the hour it will show you X of Y for the day, like 4 of 13 hours today....then it resets at the top of the hour.

Best Answer
I know it's in the APP. But i don't carry my phone with me everywhere i go so having it on the fitbit would be great. Oh i miss two walks because i just don't feel the single vibrate to walk. Right now, this feature doesn't work well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Moorepheus wrote:
I know it's in the APP. But i don't carry my phone with me everywhere i go so having it on the fitbit would be great. Oh i miss two walks because i just don't feel the single vibrate to walk. Right now, this feature doesn't work well.

Read my post again, it IS on the Blaze.  Swipe to the today screen and scroll down.  Your status for the hour is on your blaze.  You can also see this on the very first post of this same thread, a Moderator posted screen shots, the only shot I don't see that is on the Blaze is prior to the 10-minute warning/alert, the blaze shows you your steps for that hour.  Right now mine shows "9 steps this hour"

Best Answer
10 minutes left the screen shows how many steps are missing. When you reached the 250 steps there is another vibration.
Best Answer

20160927_175032.jpg

Best Answer
Just got my update a few minutes ago. I am very excited to have this feature and can't wait to use it. Thank you FitBit!
Best Answer
0 Votes
yep i found it. thanks. Ok here is my next thing i would like to see. Allowing the number of steps to be customizable. I searched all over the app for it but my guess its hard coded.
Best Answer
I just ran the update and changed my clock face, so that works. But when I go to the dashboad, hourly activity, gear there is no option to turn the reminder on. Help?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Found it. Not where indicated in the instructions.

From iOS dashboard, select device, Hourly activity goal and it's there at the top of the page.
Best Answer
0 Votes