Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move on Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Didn't hit 250 steps this hour? Well get moving!

With the latest update, you can now track your hourly activity progress right on your Blaze. Enable reminders to move in your device settings and check it out! Robot Very Happy

RTM-Reminder.gif

RTM-Goal-Hour.gif

RTM-Goal-Day.gif

The reminders to move feature nudges you to walk at least 250 steps each hour. If you haven't walked 250 steps, at 10 minutes before the hour you'll feel a vibration and see a reminder on your tracker. You can select between 5 to 14 consecutive hours in the day, and you can also select the days you would like to receive reminders to move.

You can view your hourly activity progress on your Blaze by going into the "Today" app and scrolling down. Here's a few examples of how it will appear on your device (the left image shows different variations, these do not all show at once):

Hour Progress - goal not met.pngToday Stats in Progress.png

Note: It will show the amount of steps you have for the current hour (138 steps this hour) until you hit 250 steps, in which case, it will then switch to how many hours you've completed your 250 steps (e.g. 8/9 hours). If you've achieved the 250 steps for every single hour, then it will switch to the green "9/9 hours".

Have any questions or feedback about this feature? Then let us know! Be sure to check out our reminders to move help article for more detailed information. Smiley Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
159 REPLIES 159

@Colinm39 your additional information is perfect and on point! Thank you! 😊

I would agree that the reminder to move vibrate is faint. I have clicked (and liked) the link to make the reminder vibrate more similar to the silent alarm......hopefully Fitbit will consider! 👍

Best Answer

@HazelmommyI appreciate the reinforcement, let's hope others contribute to the link for a more aggressive warning..  Here it is again

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Latest firmware and no longer able to get reminders.  Done with Fitbit. They got my

money, but only one one device.  

Best Answer

If you are still in bed there are no reminders, too.

Best Answer

the reminder is fixed at 50 and cannot be changed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! The problem is I'm sitting at my desk not getting the steps in. I look at my watch and realize it's x:55 and I need to move. I rebooted multiple times yesterday and the alarms finally started showing back up. We'll see if it works all day.

Best Answer

I want to shut off my reminders to move can someone please help me? I have the blaze and I'm using iOS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Walkswift wrote:

I want to shut off my reminders to move can someone please help me? I have the blaze and I'm using iOS.

Use the help in your fitbit app. Look up how to turn it on and do the opposite. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think this could have been implemented better.  I just came from a Garmin Vivosmart HR and it buzzed when I went 1 hr without moving.  This didn't happen at 10 minutes before the hour, or any set time.  It happened after 1 hr without movement.  This seems to make a LOT more sense to me.  So far, I've been sitting in my seat at work for well over an hour without any reminder.  If I wait until the next reminder interval (10 min prior to the next hour), I will have been sitting in my seat for nearly 2 hours.  Normally, I'm working and not keeping track of time, which is why I liked the Vivosmart reminders, but since this is a brand new device, I'm paying close attention to how it works today.  Is there any way to request that this feature be modified to give a buzz after 1 hr of inactivity instead of 10 minutes prior to an hour that I didn't take 250 steps?  That doesn't make sense to me.

Best Answer

After having no problems since Dec. 28, the alarms have disappeared again. I've rebooted and resynced. Hopefully they'll come back on. Other than this issue, I'm very happy with the device. Unfortunately, this feature is important to me.

Best Answer

I like this idea of a reminder when you haven't moved in an hour.  Also, the reminders are few and far between - still since when they were first implemented. I really count on them and it's frustrating when I don't get them.  Keep hoping for this to be fixed. 

Best Answer

Any ideas why I would only be getting one reminder to move per day on my Fitbit Blaze when I have specifically tested it when I have been stuck at my desk for an extended period? All settings are correct. It is set to remind me every hour of every day, from 8:00 to 21:00. 

Best Answer

This features needs improvement. Half of the time I don't even notice the reminder because the vibration is so subtle. It could also use a lot more customization. Don't sit on your laurels Fitbit.

Best Answer

There are days I will get only 1 notification.  A good day would be getting 3 in a row. I don't depend on getting them, so I try to remember to get up and move. It's a great feature, but very frustrating that it doesn't work as intended. 

Best Answer

Needs more sayings then just "nicely done". My friend has the fitbit alta and gets a different message every single time. The blaze (which i have) has one......nicely done. The more expensive fitbit (blaze)doesn't have the same or better sayings then a less expensive fitbit???? How strange.

Best Answer

Once you have achieved the daily goal of 10,000 steps does the hourly reminder to move stop reminding you?? 

Best Answer

@BeechyD All daily goals are independent. So reminders to move will not stop once you reach the steps goal.

Best Answer
Mine seems to have stopped this afternoon. I'll reboot it, thank you for replying 👍

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
No,you carry on getting the reminders for as many hours of activity that you have set up regardless of the amount of steps you have done in a day.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure what's happened then 🙄 hope it's not broken.....im hooked! 👍

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes