Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 noncompatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just purchased the fitbit blaze and it is not compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S7. Is there a way to reconfigure the blaze to accept my phone?
Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

Seriously @Chickie19 if it. worked yesterday it should work today.
First make sure the app is up to date.
Now restart the tracker, bi placing it into its charger and holding the button in.
If it still doesn't to I would restart the phone, which sometimes is needed when the app is updated.. There are also few more things to try, but this should get you going.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did those things. It actually synced yesterday, but now won't sync to my
computer either.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Recently I also found bluetooth connectivity issue of the Blaze with my Samsung S7 after upgrading to the latest firmware (Everytime worked fine before). The workaround for me was to turn on Bluetooth Classic on my Blaze. It can now connect with my S7 and receive notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chickie19 as for syncing to the computer, if the Blaze is still connected to the phone, the computer won't be able to sync the Blaze.. BY receivers like what the Blaze has, can only connect to 1 BY host, like the phone and PC have, at a time. 

You might have to turn the phones BT off to sync through the computer 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh no, not blaze, the charge 2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have a s7 and fitbit blaze. I was successful connecting both devices using bluetooth and as such my music controls work. HOWEVER, I cannot receive any actual notifications (call, text etc.). Everytime I attempt to access notifications via the fitbit app, it crashes. Please help as this is very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner this sounds like an app issue, if it was me I would remove the app, restart the phone, install the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that already, unfortunately it didnt work either 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone -- Our Android team has recently updated our list of supported devices after testing the Samsung Galaxy S7! 

Hope that helps get everyone up and going!

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 12.32.33 PM.png

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

It took some time but I'm getting all notifications on my S7 Edge. I don't know what exactly flipped the switch but caller I'd, text and email notifications ate coming through. I set my notifications for contacts and messages to push to lock screen, made sure they were allowed and setting look ok in app settings for my phone and then checked the fitbit app to make sure it was pointing to default for contacts and messages and that in the app notifications was also turned on. I don't like getting emails do to spam but they were coming through too when I had the setting same as contacts and text messages...i turned them off using the app notifications setting for fitbit. It may not be on the compatible list but notifications will work if u have the time, patience and luck to click all the right settings both in ur phone settings and the fitbit app settings 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will FitBit be compatible with my Samsung 7S Active?  It is not on the list, I want notifications too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You say you tested with the S7, but it is not listed in the supported devices so we can't get past step 1. I have not been able to setup my Charge 2 with the Samsung S7 after multiple attempts - this will be the second Fitbit I have to return because it doesn't work... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never said that i tezted it with the S7, i did say that my neighbor and hus wife had no problems setting up with their S7. I've also read many posts on these forums from people also who have had no problems.

You say you cant get past step one,  what are you trying to do, and gow are you trying?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I have a galaxy s7 and I just bought a fitbit blaze. I finally got it to sync but, I can't get it to show notifications. I have read on here that the s7 is compatible/not compatible. Some got it to work and some didn't. Which is it? If so, I really need detailed instructions on how to get it to work. Thanks. 

Best Answer

How have you tried? Clicked the picture of the watch at the top right of the app and then notification settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're awesome!! It worked! Thank you!

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome. Glad you got it going.

Best Answer
0 Votes