Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 noncompatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just purchased the fitbit blaze and it is not compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S7. Is there a way to reconfigure the blaze to accept my phone?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Everyone -- Our Android team has recently updated our list of supported devices after testing the Samsung Galaxy S7! 

Hope that helps get everyone up and going!

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 12.32.33 PM.png

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

When you say it is non compatable what part of the Blaze is not.

I logged on, changed one setting in the mail, everything worked on my neighbors S7.

He, his wife, and my brother all have Fitbits, with S7's. 

I did go into settings and told the phone's BT to forget the Blaze and Blaze Classic, just so my phone waant trying to connect.

Best Answer

Hello @TPittGiff welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂  The Samsung Galaxy S7 is not on the list of compatible devices, it can sync and receive the notifications but we can not guarantee it will work properly as it is still being tested. Keep an eye on the list of supported devices for any update

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂  

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
Yes, @TPittGiff let us know your specific issues. My Blaze worked fine with my S7.
Best Answer

Rich_Laue:  Can you please provide detailed instructions on what you did to make the Blaze compatible with your neighbors S7? I can't get mine to sink and I'm not very electronic savy. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

By following the instructions i posted here, and the main thread here

Adding an "@" symbol before the persons name will send a notifacation that they where mentioned. 

Best Answer

Hello @Rita18kt welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂  Did you try the troubleshooting steps advised by  @Rich_Laue🙂 If you did and you are still having issues,  please provide me more details so I can investigate and provide you the accurate troubleshoot. 🙂  

Catch you later! 🙂  

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All. I've just got a Fitbit Blaze due to my Microsoft Band 2 packing up and rather than getting another MS Band I decided on the Blaze as I know more people with a Fitbit. I was assured that my Samsung Galaxy S7 would work with the Blaze however this doesn't appear to be true and I am hugely gutted.

After teething problems I did manage to get it to sync with my S7, however I am unable to get it to work with GPS for my bike rides and runs, notifications such as phone calls, text messages, Whatsapp messages, Facebook and Calendar. Have I done something wrong or is Fitbot working on being able to get these functions working with the Samsung Galaxy S7 ?

I'm worried I might regret saying bye to my Microsfot Band 2 now as it did everything i wanted it to.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Initially my Blaze worked with my S7, then it just stopped syncing. After a couple of weeks there was a Fitbit update and it started syncing again. It stopped again for about 1 1/2 weeks, then started back. Even when it's syncing it shows up as "not available" to connect to my phone. Don't know if it's the Blaze or the phone. Take both to your wireless provider to see if someone can help you. Good luck.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't understand what you mean by "not availible". Remember once it is connected to your accoint, the app knows how to connect the tracker, this can not be done by you
Best Answer
0 Votes
It shows not available for Bluetooth connection.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LouUm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Our team is working hard to get more devices added to the list of supported syncing devices.  While the phone is not fully compatible it might work with your Blaze, have you tried the troubleshooting steps on the help article: My tracker isn't receiving notifications from my Android mobile device@Rita18kt I would suggest to contact our support team, they can review your tracker's back-end information and determine if it's a compatibility issue or an issue with your Blaze's software. @Rich_Laue thanks for your cooperation! 😉 

I'll be around, tag me if you need me! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rita18kt I'm still trying to figure out the subject it is referring to.. Is 'it" the Blaze, the app, or the phones Bluetooth settings screen.?

I agree with @AngelaMa about going through the troubleshooting, while the phone is not officially supported, 3 of my friends with S7's had no problems with their fit it's and syncing. The one gets call notifacation. 

Best Answer
Thank you for your responses. My blaze works great now!
Best Answer

@TPittGiff thanks for sharing! Hope to see you around more often, you can visit our Discussions board to discover a new favorite recipe and trade nutrition tips. @Rich_Laue it's great to see you around! 🙂 

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have a blaze and i am thinking to upgrade and mught the same issue can u pls let me know how much time it will take as its been already 4 months since the launch date 

Best Answer

One of your Fitbit commentators says the Blaze "worked" (my emphasis) with the Samsung Galaxy S7, but didn't specify if it was complete compatibility. Today is August 8, 2016.  Is it compatible or not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it officially compatabke, this is easy to check, no not officially, your experience may vary.. Many have found that all functions worked. I and others been able to help S7 owners to get their blaze fully functioning with call and text.

Some say they have not been able to, this could be true for them and not necessarily for the same reason. Maybe fitbit is aware of this and hasn't found the answer or reason yet. 

Some have had more problems getting their officially supported devices working, where others have had no problems with unsupported devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Prince16 and @FreeTrial I was reviewing the list and the Samsung Galaxy S7 is not there. Some devices are not in the list of compatible devices but that does not mean are not compatible. Is just that we cannot guarantee that all the feature will work or it wont present any issue in the future as it has not being fully tested. Nowadays high end devices are built with the same core specification, so is hard to find a device which is not compatible and is rare to find a device which wont be compatible at all. If you are experiencing any issue with your Blaze and the Samsung S7 please provide me more details about it so I can share the troubleshoot to get you back on track! 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to sync my S7 to my Charge 2 last night, but since then has stopped syncing. When will it work with the Samsung S7? I got the Charge 2 so that I can get notifications, but at the moment, I can't even sync to get my data! Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes