Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at Loading at Setup

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a new Blaze. I am trying to set it up on my iOS the same way I had done before with my Alta. I click 'Set Up Your Fitbit Blaze', which turns those words into 'Loading..." with a spinning wheel. Then nothing. The wheel just spins forever. I let it spin for four hours!

I have tried restarting my phone, restarting the app, and even deleting and redownloading the app.

It's an iPhone 6, I have wifi and blutooth on, and I had no such problem when setting up my Alta.

To summarize: I'm stuck on a blue screen that says 'Lookin' good!' with 'Get fit in style with Fitbit Blaze.' below that, and 'Loading...' at the bottom of the screen with a spinning wheel.

Anybody have an answer for me?

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

I am having the same problem. I have done all the trouble shooting that you have done as well. I really wanted to wear my blaze today but I am stuck at loading page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat. Just got mine yesterday (June 9, 2016).

Ha, I'm wearing mine even though it's not yet working 🙂

I guess I'll be calling Fitbit support today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  Got it to replace a Charge that lost its button, but now the band is also falling off it and I am having trouble getting the charge cable to work.  So I guess I won't have anything for a while.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just chatted with support.  Remove your old Fitbit from the app and also delete it from Bluetooth.  Kill the app or restart the phone and try to pair again.  It doesn't like having more than one paired it looks like.

Best Answer

IMG_0842.PNGIMG_0843.PNGan_hour_of_this.PNG

Happened to me too with my replacement Charge HR - I waited an HOUR for it to go through and finally closed the app. I had to 

1. Charge the new one to full battery (wouldn't work on partial charge) then unplug it and press/hold until click displayed.
  2. Sync, then Remove my current device from the app.
  3. Set up the new one by installing the desktop app and treating it as a brand new purchase, but logging into my old account instead of creating a new one (never could get it to sync up via the mobile app). 

Best Answer

Sorry, no solution; but I'm having the same problem. This is my first FitBit so I have no previous versions installed.  Tried to install on iPhone 6, and got stuck at the "loading" screen.  Tried to install on two different iMacs and the Blaze was unable to connect with Bluetooth on either one.  I scoured the community pages and tried the suggested solutions to no avail.  I called customer service and after about 20 minutes of unsuccessful troubleshooting the rep says they will send a new one in the mail.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If this is the same problem I had it's nothing to do with any previously paired device. This is happening after these steps from the iOS app:
-Account
-Setup a device
-You select your device from a list of all Fitbit products
-you get a confirmation screen with a picture of that device and the single option to "Setup your [product name here] "
-you press that button and get "Loading" with a spinner

At this point it's not attempting to communicate with the device at all. The next screen is just terms and conditions. After that is a brief tutorial about that device. My only guess is that during the "loading" it's going out to fitbit's servers and getting the latest Ts and Cs and downloading that tutorial.

For 2 days across 2 different iPhones , a 5s and a 6, we had the "Loading " issue 7 out of 10 times. It would load so long we would give up. Then the other 3 times it would come back so fast you never even saw the Loading message. Guessing maybe it had loaded successfully from a previous attempt and I didn't know it so it didn't really have to load again. But no, just for fun I backed up and tried again and after that brief success, I got the Loading issue again. This was only of course after I actually got it working. I didn't purposely shoot myself in the foot. I was just curious by this point. Maybe I need a hobby.
Best Answer

I just got mine yesterday.

The first several times I tried to get it setup, I had same issue as you all report. 

I then put it in charger for 2+ hours.

I then tried again.  It then paired but said I needed to do an update.  I started that and after it stopped part way through three times, it started the update.  It took about 20 min to update.

Since then it works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem with my new Charge HR. As a first-timer, I was frustrated and disappointed. I had only let it charge 30 minutes or so before trying, so maybe that was it. I then let it charge a couple more hours and deleted/reinstalled the iPhone app, and it finally worked. (I also confirmed my email address, so maybe that made a difference.)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I let it charge for six hours, but nada. FitBit sent me a new chip and it paired as soon as I started the process. The first one was faulty.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I let mine charge for six hours but it never worked. Fitbit sent me a new chip and it paired up immediately when I started the process. The first one had a fault from the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This did the trick for me.

I had a fitbit charge...on the app...removed it.

Then removed the app

Then re-installed the app

Ran through the setup - and BOOM - it worked!

Best Answer

That's what I thought too so I deleted my old one and tried again. Still spinning on the 'loading' screen. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
After talking with tech support who couldn't help, they sent me a new one and it paired immediately. The first one had a Bluetooth manufacturing fault.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The pairing of mutiple devices didn't work with my iPhone (sounds like it doesn't work according to other replies I have read).  Really dumb thing I did was keep wearing the old Fitbit after unpairing it.  The app was trying to grab the Blaze, but must have been confused by the ChargeHR broadcast.  I left my old one in a different room and I got farther.  However, then I started receiving the bad command error 400 - so (as another post said), I logged out of the app on my phone, logged back in, and it worked.  My Blaze is now paired with my phone app.  Hope this helps you faster than it took me to find all the little glitches.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similiar thing happen. My Blaze would not charge and would not do an update because battery was too low.Tried to charge for two hours. Took it back to Wal-Mart and they replaced it. The second one worked great!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This worked for me
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @DudeRobert125@Stephloves@Clint326@turls88@Sbentley@JimHouston@scottybe@lanebill, @SunsetRunner, @Juls97 and @GoodyGirl99! It's great to see new people around. If you are having issues with the set up process please make sure your Blaze has at least half of the battery charge and there are no other Bluetooth devices near the phone and tracker. Also try the troubleshoot suggested here and if after this you are still experiencing issues, please reach out to our support team so they can provide you a personalized troubleshooting experience. 

Tag me if you have any question! 🙂  

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I was finally able to sync my Alta. I had to remove the old Fitbit AND delete the app first. Then, it worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes