Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Blaze with different devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I setup the my new FitBit Blaze to sync with one cell phone, but now need to set it up to sync to different cell phone instead.  How do I do a factory reset so the Blaze will be at the pairing screen when turned on?

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

What type of cellphone is the one you want to sync to?  Generally you download the Fitbit App, of into your Firbit account.  You will see your Fitbit device and ithe app payouts it to your new phone and syncs.  

So to setup your Firbit to the new phone:

1. Install Fitbit
  2. Log into your Fitbit account

That's it.

Best Answer

Hello @CritFit,

Welcome to the community!

You don't need to.  Your Fitbit is paired more with your account than to your phone.  So do the following:

On your old phone:

1. Uninstall the Fitbit App.
  2. Go to your bluetooth settings.
  3. Delete the pairing with your Blaze.

On your new phone:

1. Install the Fitbit App.
  2. Log in to the same account that you had on your old phone.
  3. Sync your device.

That's pretty much it.  I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Did the above but didn't work.  The Blaze is just at the clock, even if I go into Setting on the Blaze and change the Bluetooth Classic to Pair, still nothing.  It would seem that I would need to be at the initial screen on the Blaze for it to pair with the new phone.  Maybe?

Best Answer

@CritFit Just to make sure you know: Bluetooth Classic is only used for music control and Android and Windows phones. It isn't used for iOS at all.

You shouldn't need to manually pair the Blaze to your phone at all for it to sync you stats. You just install the Fitbit app and let it do its thing. Are you sure that your new phone is compatible?

Best Answer

The phone is a Samsung 4S.  In the phone app I don't see the Blaze.  Don't I need to go to Devices > Add, the add the Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes through the Fitbit Phone App ypu want to go to devices then press the Plus Sign in the top right corner. This is the only way to connect the Tracker to your Fitbit account. Once it is connected the App then pairs the tracker to the phone.

Best Answer

@CritFit If you're not seeing this, then your Fitbit App likely isn't up to date. 

Please make sure it is by checking for updates!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

im trying to sync Blaze with windows lumia 640. seems to be stuck at 'which tracker are you trying to set up?' if it does get past here the Blaze isnt on the list.

Best Answer

I ended up calling Fitbit support and after troubleshooting for about an hour they are sending me a new Fitbit Blaze.  Support was great and are expediting the shipment of the new Blaze.  Thank you everyone for all your input.

Best Answer

I had the same problem. You have to ensure the blue tooth connections on all other apple devices around the blaze are turned off before you try the pairing procedure with  the phone you are trying to connect it with through the app. Otherwise the otherr device will have seized the signal before you are trying to pair it with the Blaze and it will seem that te Bluetooth is just not connecting. After I turned off the Bluetooth to the iPad, n which I don't even have the Fitbit app downloaded, the phone paired with my new iphone. Prior to the procedure, my phone had been paired with an older model iphone

Best Answer

FYI, this totally works! I'm tech savvy, but well done for figuring this out! I stupidly set up on iPad and then realised I needed it more on phone! Doh! So I forgot the device, but with iPad Bluetooth turned on, it blocks other devices attempts at pairing! Well done sir! Phew!...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PureEvil What do you do when you no longer have your old phone to unpair the fitbit from for example if your old phone was stolen??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mike_Cheney,

The only reason why I suggested removing the pairing from your old phone is because having the old phone nearby (within about 40 feet) would likely interfere with your syncing.

You should be able to simply install the Fitbit App on your new phone and have it work.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer

What if you can't get on your old phone because screen /internal screen is black from drop. I have this issue. Can't log off on old phone to connect new phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Leirer,

The old phone will interfere with syncing if it is on and functioning.  I assume that your old phone, by virtue of the screen being broken and black, is not functioning.

In that case, just set up the Fitbit App on your new phone and move on with life...  You don't even need to re-pair your Blaze with your new phone.  The Fitbit App will establish the pairing on your behalf.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

@Leirer as @PureEvil, says on the new phone log into your account, do not choose create an account.

Your phone is now setup up and the tracker will then sync. The app my say that it needs permissions and you will need to grant it access.

Yes as long as the old phone is turned off or at least not nearby you will have no problem.

Best Answer

Hi, 

I'm experiencing a problem where I bought a Fitbit Blaze second hand from a colleague. Although she did a factory reset and removed the Fitbit app from her phone, and I've synced the Fitbit with mine, I'm still getting notifications on it when she gets texts, phone calls, etc. We can't seem to figure out how to get it to stop. Is there a way I can instruct my Fitbit to 'forget' an old phone and to stop connecting to it?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bubblez989,

Have her go to the Bluetooth settings on her phone and remove the Bluetooth pairing.  Let us know if that works.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

I got a new phone & am unable to connect my fitbit blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes