Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Frustration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So for several weeks now my Blaze won't sync. I have it set to sync automatically but for weeks now it has required resetting my phone and the device. I have had to do this several times a week. This recent bout of not syncing it hasn't synced in two days. I have tried to force it to sync as well and I just get the error of cannot sync over and over and over.

I have spoken with several other Fitbit wearers and they are running into the same issue. It's just getting a little annoying. Especially since I hardly ever had an issue with syncing in the past. I've been assuming Fitbit was working on a update on their side and that was the reason to the syncing delays. But again this has been happening for about a month now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
64 REPLIES 64

I'm having the same issues.  I can't even get my blaze to reset the steps by using the left and bottom right buttons.

Best Answer

I was having the same problem.  I went to settings on my Fitbit Blaze (swipe from right to left several times).  Then swipe down until you get to Bluetooth classic.  Mine was set to off.  Once I toggled it to on, I was able to pair my device and have it sync.  I hope this helps you solve your problem.

Best Answer

Great to see you around @kyla_s@Bobj21 and @Rwhine001 welcome to the Community!

If you are having issues syncing your trackers, I recommend following the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post. After these steps your trackers should sync properly. Also, please check if your phones are compatible mobile devices.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

And of course sometimes you need to repeat those steps more than once - Annoying - to get sync working.

And of course the sync issues could be back in less the 4 days. So reserve at least half an hour for the fix.

Best Answer

Hello peace to you I am the new kid on the block had a previous frustration with the Samsung before buying this although it advertised that it was comparable with IPhones  may I ask what phone you are using? 

I am going through the process of testing my battery I have the Charger 2 before this one. Before I had set it up; I had uninstalled the app and delete it first  then installed both again. I am going through instruction by Fitbit. To turn off necessary in testing  my battery syncing 5-6 times a day so they can monitor. 

Just a suggestion to see how yours may work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

May I ask which I seen what Bluetooth Classic? Since I have had this one never turn that one on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze is paired with Oneplus One.

I don't use BlueTooths classic to control the music.

It is much easier and faster to control music on the phone then with the Blaze.

And of course it looks like an unfinished feature and needs to be improved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello sorry for the late response if you are married had to do honey do's with the Mrs.  again never heard of  that device you spoke of. Learning this  way of communication. Is this the first communication back to you? Fitbit contacted me saying one of my letters reached them. 

Whe looking through the website there is a menu that asks by what Fitbit you are using you can type your phone to see if it is comparable with your device have you seen it?  I came upon it when finding out that Samsung  Fitbit 2 is not compatible with IPhone. Is your  phone an android? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm very frustrated as well... I'm in a challenge at work, and I  can't even log my steps for it because my fitbit won't sync. This has been going on a month... instead of designing new models, why don't they focus on getting this syncing issue resolved. And troubleshooting does NOT work. It's not us... it's them. Instead of sending a link on how to trouble shoot, why don't they take the time to fix the problem on their end.

Best Answer

I have had the Blaze for a week now.  I have had major trouble syncing with my phone.  Originally I thought it was my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) but I have tried with Samsung Galaxy S7 and iPhone 6 with no luck.  Sometimes it syncs and sometimes it doesn't.  I have tried everything I've read on these boards but it seems like the thing has a mind of its own.  Every time it takes a good 15 - 20 minutes of different power up/down combinations to finally sync.  And this happens on average 2 -3 times a day!!!!  What the efff is going on.  What worked today was removing the device from the Fitbit app and adding it back.  Not sure where the problem is but they need to get it fixed ASAP.  For the price I paid, I have to say I am extremely disappointed.  I owned a Samsung Gearfit for 18 months and never had a sync issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hear you but have you tried the menu that tells you what the Blaze is compatible with? From that menu found out the IPhone 6 is not compatible with it the 6S is.; I have the SE my problem is the question with battery longevity. I have the Samsung Fitbit found it is not fully compatible with the SE. Like it though. I had read that the Apple Smart watch is not comparable with the Android.  Interesting  on the Samsung on the menu like the IPhone do you also having paring it on the Bluetooth? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with the others... Mine was syncing fine with my phone (yes it is on the list) and then the last month I have had to reset my phone or fitbit or both to get it to sync almost every day.  Before you point me to the troubleshooting page again.. yes i have done that.  Clearly with this many posts, fitbit has an issue.. will they actually do something about it or is it time to look for a new tracker from a different company..... 

Best Answer

I am sorry that you having problems. I had gone to Best Buy here in NC do not know the stores in your area. Have you tried a replacement or others as Samsung or Garmin. As you known Garmin is known as GPS. As those have to find out if they are comparable with your phone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Samsung Gearfit 2 before the Blaze learning that it is not fully compatible with the IPhone which I have the IPhone SE. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning about the watch I have had this for a month now; fortunately I have not a syncing problem at the moment but the question regarding the battery. I am using the IPhone SE at the moment may I ask which phone you are using? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hear you but not understanding why your syncing it is still not working. Have Fitbit ever contacting any of you with this problem? From your side if it the phone or the problem with the product. Again I have the problem with the battery in seeing if it last 4-5 days as advertised. If it is the product yes I agree with you should be a change on their point. I am on the third day on this. I had mentioned about the Samsung which was not completely comparable with the IPhone SE. 

I have two more days on this. As I said if the product is at fault. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have problems syncing as well, it stops syncing whenever I get an app update regardless of which app. As you can imagine, this happens several times a day. It also happens with some notifications received on my phone.  My solution, as none came from Fitbit, is to finish the update or delete the notification, ensure I am not clocking/syncing, remove my Blaze from Bluetooth, and sync again. Occasionally I have to power off my phone, possibly also doing a reset on the Blaze. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry if I misled you. The syncing I had no problem I guess about a month ago when I connected to my IPhone SE it came also with an update. Now the update you are referring to is that the update when you first got it  you did not complete ? The notifications of the different apps I have not tried yet, even though on the list I have seen one for the Blaze. Do not know what it is for so I may have to read up for the use. There are those on here that is having problems with battery, so with all these standard equipment when I am in the car the Bluetooth is connected to both the Blaze and the phone. Rebooting both of them might just help. Let us know of the good news. You 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done this twice.  It is a short term solution.   There is definitely a problem with syncing over the past two weeks.  Once you complete this process, it works for about a day and then you are back to synching problems.

Best Answer