Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Frustration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So for several weeks now my Blaze won't sync. I have it set to sync automatically but for weeks now it has required resetting my phone and the device. I have had to do this several times a week. This recent bout of not syncing it hasn't synced in two days. I have tried to force it to sync as well and I just get the error of cannot sync over and over and over.

I have spoken with several other Fitbit wearers and they are running into the same issue. It's just getting a little annoying. Especially since I hardly ever had an issue with syncing in the past. I've been assuming Fitbit was working on a update on their side and that was the reason to the syncing delays. But again this has been happening for about a month now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
64 REPLIES 64

@andrewilliamson, Blaze classic is used to control music on an Android device, turning it in or off, having it paired or unpaired will nit affect the trackers ability to sync.

If the tracker is re-setup using an iOS device, the Blaze Classic opton is disabled since the music is controlled through the Bluetooth Low Energy and Blaze classic is not used.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue. All I've had is iphones. The Blaze worked fine with the 6, but that died recently and I'm having all the problems with the 7. And I've checked, and it's still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this  issue  as well and now my time is incorrect. I'm getting really frustrated with this Fitbit, and have been on the phone with them multiple times this week. About to trash this thing and forget it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was the same yesterday. However, it keeps turning off, so, doesn't stay connected. Until yesterday, I didn't have any problems. And I hadn't done either update until yesterday after the no syncing issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem with me blaze syncing.  I have to delete it and reaet up and then short time again.  Frustrating!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread has been interesting since I recently had a sync issue. First in about 2 years. From what I see in the forum, this only affects a small number of users. Mine was a quick fix with a call to Fitbit Support. I had already done all of the diagnostic work and it only took a few questions to find my solution.

I get the idea from some of the posts in this thread that the Blaze can pair with two devices at the same time. My Nexus 5X can also pair with multiple devices at the same time. This is usually my Blaze and headphones.

A few months ago a bought a second Blaze (the reason is an unrelated story). It was easy to switch back and fourth for a few months. Then suddenly I needed to shut one down so that the app only found one device to pair with. When the app started telling me that it couldn't find the tracker, tested everything I knew, except shutting down the second tracker since the error din't indicate a duplicate device. Fitbit support suggested the shutdown of the second device and that fixed it. The change in behavior could have been a change in the Fitbit app or software on my Nexus 5X. The Nexus 5X had some updates that mentioned fixes or enhancements to Bluetooth connectivity. The behavior change could be either.

From this thread and my own experience, I am guessing that multiple Bluetooth connections can be an issue. For the Blaze, having more than one connection uses more power. That makes sense. For devices connecting to the Blaze, other Bluetooth devices could interfere with making a connection.

One thought for some: Is there another Blaze in your area (about 10 m or 30 ft) that might be interfering?

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem solved (iphone7): Settings --> Privacy --> Location Services --> Fitbit --> ALWAYS.

Mine had been set to "While Using the App". Once I set it to always, the Blaze was able to find the GPS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been there, done that, never worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm currently looking for a watch to replace my fitbit. Any suggestions? I'm done with the Fitbit brand. 

Best Answer

My hubby has a smart watch, it's starting to have it's own issues and there is no support for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is, I don't have that setting on my watch to toggle. I have seen it in the past, but it seems to come and go.

@andrewilliamson wrote:

Looks like this may have solved my problem. It's criminal that I had to go digging through forum posts (for the third time in over a month) to find your solution, which is to toggle a setting on the watch. One which I never untoggled in the first place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found my problem. I have an iPhone that I use very rarely for work. It has the Fitbit app installed on it. My Blaze syncs fine with it. I'm assuming that the presence of the iPhone is causing it not to sync with my personal Samsung (second Bluetooth connection and all that). Not saying that it's good design. But at least I have a way to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Husband and I have been experiencing the same issue.  Very frustrating.  Considering another fitness tracker and dropping the fitbit craze.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tammy1979 wrote:

My Husband and I have been experiencing the same issue.  Very frustrating.  Considering another fitness tracker and dropping the fitbit craze.  

Let us know what you decide on. I'm looking to get away from Fitbit as well. Just junk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry of how all the email I am receiving with my name. I am not the Fitbit support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KraKree, to stop receiving these emails, go to the first page of this conversation

(if you see the 1 2 3 at the bottom of the page, go to page 1),

then near the top of page 1, on the upper right, is a cog/wheel.

That controls the settings for this conversation.

Click on it, then click "Unsubscribe"

Best Answer
0 Votes
We are considering the garmin trackers but my doctor has a fitmiss missfit
(need to research a little more and not certain I have the name correct)
but he says it works very well and also has a compatible app similar to the
fitbit app. The aesthetics of the watch are also much more appealing.
Best Answer

Same here. Was thinking that it's maybe because my blaze is about 18 montha old but perhaps it's the update. Can fitbit please comment? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not understand these syncing problems.  I have my Blaze set to continuously sync.  Sometimes it does, most of the time it doesn't.  Some times I get notifications, sometimes I don't they just stop.  Sometimes my steps are accurate, sometimes they don't record at all.  I have tried all your recommended tricks and tips.  My phone is compatible, Galaxy S8, and it's updated,  My App is updated.  I really think its an issue with the model.  Our fitbit users look at me like I'm a fool, because none of them have this issue.  This models issues need to be addressed.  We shouldn't have to turn off the app, the tracker, and the phone two or three times a day on a daily basis for these to work properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the info appreciate it.
No insult to anyone not my intention

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes