Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Frustration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So for several weeks now my Blaze won't sync. I have it set to sync automatically but for weeks now it has required resetting my phone and the device. I have had to do this several times a week. This recent bout of not syncing it hasn't synced in two days. I have tried to force it to sync as well and I just get the error of cannot sync over and over and over.

I have spoken with several other Fitbit wearers and they are running into the same issue. It's just getting a little annoying. Especially since I hardly ever had an issue with syncing in the past. I've been assuming Fitbit was working on a update on their side and that was the reason to the syncing delays. But again this has been happening for about a month now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
64 REPLIES 64

I had just received a email from FitBit. They tell me that draining the battery is possible when I have the Bluetooth connected both connected to my watch and phone. So I am going to see if when I disconnect my watch from the Bluetooth while driving and then reconnect it to see if there be any problem. If any of you have a Bluetooth in your cars. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can tell you of my experiences with this app since I had it. Would not comparable with the Samsung I had to find out what was compatible with the product. There is a menu in which what phones are. I had just heard from Fitbit that having a Bluetooth on both for the car, and the watch promotes battery drain. So before getting the car disconnect the watch from the Bluetooth until I get out to reconnect. Was informed that drain the battery so I am going to try it and see will there be a problem to resync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of those of you that I have been posting with, I just had mine for about a month. On mine my basic problem was regarding the endurance of the battery. So I'm I'm just going by experience by working with her to see exactly what's the problem.  I had contacted fix bit, and they got me on experiment  and seeing how long does my battery last until it completely dies.  I should down some of the  options that I  regularly do not use. I have started on Tuesday evening charged a little bit after 10 PM. So I am figuring that my fifth day would be tomorrow.  Of those who have the blaze and for those who also have a Bluetooth in your car; have you been seeing or observation that connection to your Bluetooth to your car into the watch seen any sense of battery draining? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

have had the same issues. tried all of the recommendations. still no help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine. 

I would like to know if you have followed the steps I provided in my previous post? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at the Having trouble syncing? post and follow the instructions provided there. Also, have you tried to get in touch with our support team, have they offer you a solution for this?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I have done all of these several times and it is compatible. It was working fine yesterday however it stopped syncing at 20:22. Clearly I am not alone on this as many others are having to restart the app, phone, and device every day or every other day for the past month. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Regarding the syncing problem I do not know if the other problem of sleep stages that has affected other watches has something in doing with your problem. I am assuming that you done the how to do of having the syncing problem. Has you been contacted by the moderators concerning the issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you all know, I have had syncing problems for a long, long, long, long, ling time, well over a year. I have called support, though they try to help, nothing permanently (or even temporary) solves this issue.  I have come to the conclusion that it must be the communication involving Bluetooth. I say this because it appears to be part of how I do a fix around as I mentioned earlier. As in whenever there is an update, or certain notifications, or another Bluetooth device. Having said that, I encounter this frequently during the day, several times each and everyday!  So it may be you are all luckier than I.

Best Answer

May I ask which phone are you using. I am using the IPhone SE

but I having a problem with the battery plus the current problem with the sleep stages. If you have not heard the sleep stages had affected 3 Fitbit watches within the country and overseas. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem well before sleep stages 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Understood. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like this may have solved my problem. It's criminal that I had to go digging through forum posts (for the third time in over a month) to find your solution, which is to toggle a setting on the watch. One which I never untoggled in the first place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to be of assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, checking my settings on my fitbit itself worked, by bluetooth was set to off and so I switched it to pair and now its syncing again, really appreciate it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been awhile since we last talk may I ask if your problem been solved? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was offering a temporary solution, yes, I still have the problem.

Now my Lose It food log won't sync to my dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

no my fitbit blaze does not send text, call or email notifications. I recently purchased a new phone and it only syncs my steps and not all the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried these fixes and nothing helped. my blue tooth is on etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

what is toggling and how can I try it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@m.mcreynolds I should have typed @Bobj21.  He instructed:

"I was having the same problem.  I went to settings on my Fitbit Blaze (swipe from right to left several times).  Then swipe down until you get to Bluetooth classic.  Mine was set to off.  Once I toggled it to on, I was able to pair my device and have it sync.  I hope this helps you solve your problem."

I was able to follow these instructions, and indeed, Bluetooth classic was set to off, and I switched it to on. I have not tested the Blaze yet but see no red flags yet.

And yet, in a bizarre twist, I now no longer even see the Bluetooth classic option in the Blaze settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes