Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with new Samsung S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze will not sync with my new phone. The Samsung S8 or S8+ are not on the list of compatible devices.  I know it's a new a new phone but this needs addressed ASAP.  Lots of people rely on these notifications. Please work on this issue. 

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

I just got the new S8 and the Blaze will not pair with it. This is really upsetting as I use my fitbit to track my daily workouts, runs, and other items in my day. Can you please help me...........

Best Answer

Are you pairing it through the app? You shouldn't try to pair it through the Bluetooth menu - you'll get a message saying the Blaze rejected the pairing and this is normal.

1. Go into the Fitbit app and Account bottom-right

2. Set up a Device

3. Select the Blaze and follow the instructions. It can take a moment or so for it to find the Blaze after you've switched the screen on

4. Blaze will give you a PIN to type in on the S8

5. You're good to go!

I have my Blaze and S8 paired successfully, although for the moment notifications don't work and any exercise activities that use the phone's GPS fail saying 'Check Fitbit app'. The phone itself isn't on the supported devices list just yet.

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

That said, some S8/S8+ users have reported these features have started working for them but nobody seems to know why just yet.

Best Answer

Thanks @KevCoady That's great to know!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

See this thread where someone got it set up successfully @KevCoady

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-being-able-work-with-my-S8/m-p/1951182/thread-id/55585/h...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

FINALLY! After a day of over and over again going thru all the steps listed on everyone's replies on here and the Blaze instructions for setting up, syncing, and notifications i have mine working. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't quit. Very very frustrating that it had to take this long. Thank you all for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally managed to get mine working. I deleted the Blaze from the Fitbit app, and deleted/reinstalled the app itself. Then after adding the Blaze back into the app I also went to the Bluetooth phone app and added the Blaze as a device. That seemed to do the trick. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally managed to get mine working. I deleted the Blaze from the Fitbit app, and deleted/reinstalled the app itself. Then after adding the Blaze back into the app I also went to the Bluetooth phone app and added the Blaze as a device. That seemed to do the trick

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to clarify. I did get the Blaze synched, I got the music control to work, but I still can't get any notifications at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Question regarding your process:  Did doing that delete all of the info you had on your Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this work if your Blaze is already set up on the Fitbit App?  I can't seem to get it to give  me a PIN as my device has been set up on my app already?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to pair my Fit Bit successfully to my S8 on the first try. The issues I have is the charge on my Fit Bit is draining a lot faster.  I'm having to charge it every 2days. The other issue I have is the notifications for phone calls. All my calls show up as "unknown" even though they are in my contacts. Text message notification works fine, it's just phone calls.

Best Answer
I deleted the  Blaze and reinstalled it. Mind you I think the main problem is that the pbone is not supported yet. And now I think the only reason music control is working is because I paired with BluetoothClassic. 

Sent from my Samsung Mobile on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope. Once you log  back in to your account it picks up all your info. 

Sent from my Samsung Mobile on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any idea when we will be able to utilize the Bluetooth feature of the Fitbit on a Galaxy S8?

Best Answer

Hi, KMc

Did you solve above issue about sync with Galaxy S8?

My Blaze and S8 have same problem. I talked with Korea customer service center of Fitbit, but they even didn't clearly know about this issue and don't have any solution and plant at the moment. 

Their reply was that they cannot answer clear plan and can say just wait for until updating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just replaced a new iPhone 7 Plus with a Galaxy 8 Plus.  In the Run mode under exercise, the Fitbit would sync with the iPhone.  The phone would show a route map of my run when I completed it.  Although my fitbit has paired with my galaxy 8, it shows a failed link in the run mode.  There is no route map after the exercise.  I followed these instructions and reset the pin, yet the phone still fails to establish a link in the run mode.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

this worked...thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to pair them but I still can't get notifications on my Blaze.  I can however control my music and my details are now syncing with the app on my Blaze.  I have since encountered another issue though.  I use MyFitnessPal as well and the 2 apps no longer work with each other.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both with no success. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue. I was able to fix it by impairing the watch on the app, then resetting my phone and the watch. After that, I followed the steps required to setup a new device. Nowitsyncsjust fine

Best Answer
0 Votes