Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text and Call Notifications?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I no longer receive text or call notifications on my Blaze.  I like this feature, why'd it go away? How do I get it back on?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had checked earlier more than once and notification tab was "on" on my Blaze, when I was not getting alerts on Blaze as to incoming calls and texts.  This aftn my notification tab was "off" and I moved it to "on".   My text and incoming call alerts are working again.  Oh well, it's working again and I'm happy.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I get text & email notifications, but not calls...???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never gotten email,  but felt vibration alerting to call or text coupled with screen id.  I could answer call, which gave me more time to get to phone before call going to voicemail.  But, now I receive no notifications...I miss it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@momotor Fitbit did not make it go away. Have you checked to see if notifications are still turned on in the Blaze? Swipe diwn on the clock face.

A simple restart of the phone always seems to fix it. I have noticed when notifications stop, my phone also can not access the printer, or my networked storage.

@ohsteph94 are you able to send a test notifacation?  From the notifacation settings page tap the settings gear - send test  this uses the caller id channel.

It would be helpful when mentioning a problem related to the phone app to also mention the phone modrl.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx for response, my phone is the Apple i5s and notifications tab remains "on" on Blaze screen and iPhone settings are on green for all fitbit notification tabs.  I didn't see any option or "gear" to tap on to send test notification.   I do have problems mentioned with my phone staying connected to my printer.  And I recently had problems with my phone powering off on its own.  Though, it seems to have corrected itself of late. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'd always been a windows guy. But my Windows Band just died.  I purchased the Blaze this past weekend with the understanding I would get notifications using my Microsoft 950 phone.  But now I'm quickly finding out that's not the case.  Even the support lady from India (I think) could not tell me for sure if that's true.  Can anyone confirm or deny this.  Really depend on notifications.    

Thanks!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had checked earlier more than once and notification tab was "on" on my Blaze, when I was not getting alerts on Blaze as to incoming calls and texts.  This aftn my notification tab was "off" and I moved it to "on".   My text and incoming call alerts are working again.  Oh well, it's working again and I'm happy.

Best Answer

@Davis323 that is correct, Fitbit was waiting for Windows to add the required server, this also affected notifacations with other manufacturers. 

It was added this year and the function is now in closed beta testing.  Both Fitbit and windows are closely working together to get this resolved, olease see tye windows forum for updates. Link may be found in the drop down list to the left.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to see their working on my issue with that Galileo project.  I think I'm pretty good with computers but did not have a clue what they were offering to manually install that package.  So I think I can hold out for the final process. 🙂   Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to welcome you @Davis323@momotor@ohsteph94 good to see you here and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you keep having inconveniences with your notifications? If you do, check our list of compatible mobile devices to see if your phones are listed. Once you have verified this, follow the instructions provided in the following links:

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My notifications are now working for calls.  I realized I had it turned off in the fitbit app.

Best Answer

I am glad to hear that you are now receiving calls @ohsteph94, if you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Happy stepping! Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes