Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade-In Program

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can you trade a surge for the blaze

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Hdieiwoa Hey there- welcome to the forums!

Fitbit does not have a trade in or upgrade program in place at this time. 

Hope this helps!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

@Hdieiwoa Hey there- welcome to the forums!

Fitbit does not have a trade in or upgrade program in place at this time. 

Hope this helps!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
Nor even know if it's still in the box
Best Answer
0 Votes

Of ypir Fitbit was purcjased through store.fi5bit.com then you have 45 days to return

Return the Fitbit. If bought from a 3rd party, it wpuld be up to their return policy. 

Best Answer

You would think they would offer some kind of trade in value for those who spent all this money in spite of it not having a removable band, as the bands are notorious for failing and than you have nothing

Best Answer

Trade in deals normally work because the second hand item still has some value to the manufacturing company so the deal works for both parties. I just don't see anyone being interested enough in used fitness trackers to want to offer money for them.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

It would be nice if there was a trade-in program.  I have the Flex and I had to get a replacement because the band was not too secure.  

Best Answer

Is Fitbit considering implementing a trade-in program at some point in the future??? This would be so great for us customers!!

Best Answer

@darren4884

I doubt it. Please read MikeF post above

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Hdieiwoa@BancleBeth@oklittle,  welcome to the Fitbit Community! @WendyB and @Rich_Laue, thanks for taking the time to visit this thread.  Fitbit does not have a trade in or upgrade program in place at this time. Even if it is still on the box @Hdieiwoa.  You can read more about our policies here

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be pretty nice if they did a trade-in/trade-up promotion at least during the launch window of new product releases.  Many companies do this.  Your current best bet is to eBay it and use the money towards a new device.  The market for them on eBay doesn't look too bad.

Fitbit Blaze - iPhone 6S
Avid White Water Rafter/Kayaker, Hiker, and Scuba Diver.
Best Answer
It would be be a good idea to have a trade in programme so people can upgrade to the next model. You can then resell the traded in model.
Best Answer
Would you buy a traded in fitness tracker? I really don't think the market is there for this idea and, without it, all you're asking Fitbit to do is offer a discount to existing customers on their hottest products. It appeals to me as an idea, but more because I hate parting with money than because I think it will work. 😞

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I am currently on my 3rd FitBit Surge, as the band on on my first two (2) FitBit Surge had issues - very visitble bubbles in the band near where the band connnects to the actual FitBit.  While I love my FitBit Surge I would be VERY interested in trading up to a FitBit Blaze, as I worry my 3rd FitBit Surge may soon encounter another problem with the band, as did the first two. JIM

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Cosmo003. As mentioned, Fitbit doesn't have an upgrade or exchange program. I recommend getting in touch directly with our support team and see what they have to offer. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat. Also, please check our warranty policy.

See you around! Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

They should for valued customers.  I have already purchased two fitbits and would love to upgrade my Charge to the Charge 2, but can't see paying another $140 to do so.  

Best Answer

Very poor customer service!

I am now on my 3rd FitBit Surge & all 3 have had the very same manudacturing deffect in the band. 

Fitbit now wants to send me a 4th Surge & I don't want it, as they have already had 3 times to resolve a manufacturing deffect in the band & have failed to do so. 

Jim

Moderator edit: Caps and personal information

Best Answer

The wristbands are terrible on the flex as well!

Moderator edit: Personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @racohen10@Cosmo003 and @oklittle it's great to see you around. 

If you are having problems with your bands, the best for you to do is to contact directly our support team, I know they will be glad to offer you a solution. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat. Before this, please take a look at our warranty policy.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a bit of a long shot, but would you be willing to part with any of those ones with the broken wristbands?

Best Answer