Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blaze setup problems

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a new Blaze yesterday.  I have a Charge HR which is currently connected to my app.  When I try to install the new Blaze, it gets stuck on the setup screen (once I tap Set Up Your Fitbit Blaze).  I've tried force quitting, restarting my phone, turning bluetooth on and off during setup (charge hr far away when on) and contacting Fitbit support on Twitter.  They recommended I try another support channel, as their suggestions were things I had already tried.  They also said it has nothing to do with having another Fitbit installed, as others have suggested.

Anyone have this issue and know how I can fix it?  Calling isn't an option right now, as my mobile phone is my only phone, and I can't exactly set up from my phone while talking to them. 

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

I was having the same problem Friday night when I picked up my Blaze.

Deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app and tried again. App picked the tracker up immediately and I was set up minutes later.

Good luck.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
Thank you! That did it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

I was having the same problem Friday night when I picked up my Blaze.

Deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app and tried again. App picked the tracker up immediately and I was set up minutes later.

Good luck.

Best Answer
Thank you! That did it!
Best Answer

That solved the problem for me, too. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANKS!

Worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did it pick up both the HR and Blaze when you reinstalled the app?  Or are you only using the Blaze now?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
It picks up both now. No issues at all.
Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you !. I finally got mine set up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

how long did everyone's initial set up take? I have pretty good wifi at so far i am at 4 and a half hours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine took maybe five minutes. If you didn't delete the app and reinstall it, that might solve the problem. It solved mine, anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same her about 5 minutes through cell network. 

Some people reported a problem with wifi snd setting up.

If ypu been waiting thst long is it in the update tracker routine? 

Candle the app and try again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

???? I just got my new Blaze and my phone app found it fine but what about when I want to look at it on my laptop....... there was no Dongle with it!?!?!?!

@Rich_Laue wrote:

Same her about 5 minutes through cell network. 

Some people reported a problem with wifi snd setting up.

If ypu been waiting thst long is it in the update tracker routine? 

Candle the app and try again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner what type of laptop do you have? Many of t9days laptops the Win10 app can use the built in Bluetooth, or the charging cable.

But since you have a phone, why even worry about syncing through the laptop, especially if you are not using Win10?

1. Any sync whether through the phone, fitbit connect or win 10 app, sends the data to Fitbit. Now that it is on Fitbit the goes out to fitbit to retrieve the data. 
  2. If you have notifications turned on, then the Blaze needs to be disconnected from the phone, turn the phones Bluetooth off, before the laptop will be able to connect.

If you do need a dongle, any Fitbit Dongle will work, so if you have had different fitbit your laptop most likely is already setup. Or reach out to fitbit.

Best Answer
Thank you! Makes sense!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for this simple advise, couldnt find any help anywhere then stumbled across your. within seconds its working

HUGE THANKS ;-0

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!  I had the same question and your post did the trick!  It did take at least an hour, but I should be set now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad I found this thread! This is what worked for me too!! Note: My fitbit app as up-to-date so I'm not sure why we have to log out and log back in (I was adding a second device, the Blaze), especially when the website makes it seem likes it's super easy to add another device.

Best Answer

I'm not sure why either, but logging out/in does clear the cash and forces a fresh reload of the data from the server 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dumb question....How do you delete the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes