Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit blaze not charging and overheating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my fitbit blaze stopped charging. It will turn on , while on the charger. It will get the overheat signal after about 5 mins of charging. I have tried [restarting, buying a new charger, different plus, outlets]

Nothing will get it past the red on the battery. Also the battery icon does not show up.

Thank you ,

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Kingosteps! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. I've shared your information with Customer Support and they should get back to you within the following days. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hey there @Kingosteps! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. I've shared your information with Customer Support and they should get back to you within the following days. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer

Hi mine is doing the same & I have only had it since Christmas! Could you please ask customer support to contact me aswell @SilviaFitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try contact.fitbit.com  for a quicker tesponse @Lolapops1

Best Answer

Hey there @Lolapops1! I've shared your post with Customer Support, they will reply to you within the following days. 

Thanks for the advice @Rich_Laue

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitgofit, then i suggest you do the same and contact fitbit.

Best Answer

Is there a solution to this yet?  Mine is also overheating, will not charge, AND the left button isn't functioning.  Customer support so far told me to try charging it somewhere cooler (!?) Honestly, I tried 3 outlets, my laptop & even plugged it into my car charger holding it up to the air condition vent to keep it cool!  Waiting for a different resolution from customer service.  They are usually very good!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @mbcarbery! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. Customer Support will always provide you with some troubleshoot before providing you with anything else. 

Also, I've sent you a PM with further instructions. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit Blaze will not charge and it over heats while it is plugged in, when I plug it in the Fitbit logo shows the charge meter is never displayed

Moderator edit: format 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Kevinpoppa! I've shared your post with Customer Support, they should be able to follow up with you within the following days. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

Is there a solution to this problem yet? Mine is doing the same thing ( have had it since Christmas) I have tried cleaning the battery contacts, restarting it, and have tried 3 different chargers in 3 different outlets. Sometimes it will start to charge but won't keep it, even had it show it was almost fully charged but an hour later when I went to get it, the overheating icon and a dead blaze once again. Going on 3 days with this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I emailed FitBit support- they had me mail my Blaze to them, and sent me a brand new one!

They were great!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Lellie! Thanks for the troubleshoot and details that you've mentioned. If your Blaze is showing the overheating icon, the recommendation will be to restart the tracker and change your environment. 

In this case, I've share your post with Customer Support as it seems your Blaze isn't responding properly to the procedures you've followed. 

Thanks for sharing your experience @mbcarberyRobot Happy

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer

hi @SilviaFitbit mine too doing the same can you help me. tnx

Best Answer
0 Votes

The advice @SilviaFitbit will give is to contact Fitbit.

The link is also found in the top right menu and will be your best choice as pointed out in Silvia's last post

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @juntenio. In this case, I've shared your post with our Customer Support team. They will continue assisting you on this matter. 

Thanks for your advice @Rich_Laue

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer